• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

FastTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Has anybody on this Korean forum ever ordered a package from FT through DHL shipping? If so, how long did it take?

I find that if everything is already in stock, ordering through EMS takes about 1 week.

Through China post or Singapore post can take 3 weeks.

I'm hoping DHL (and extra $17) will get my order here much sooner, as I believe the Christmas backlog of orders departing from China are starting to slow things down immensely.

Having lived in the "Land of the Morning Calm" for 12 years has sadly taken a tole on my patience level:unsure:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
My experience EMS 4-6 business days. DHL 3-4 business days.

Thanks Waddle... I would have chosen EMS if it was one of the shipping methods listed, but because my order included 8 EGO style batteries, the shipping options (due to safety reasons) were limited. It was either DHL or a whole host of 'snail mail' companies. And with the Christmas season approaching, I'd rather not wait a possible month.

Cheers..

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Yeah DHL is flakey though..sometimes they accept batteries, sometimes not. About a month back I had a ohm meter (enclosed battery) refused . At the moment it looks like they are accepting Ego type batteries again. Sometime they will ship juice, other times not.

But like you said, if your only choice is DHL or snail mail. Then its a no-brainer.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Yeah DHL is flakey though..sometimes they accept batteries, sometimes not. About a month back I had a ohm meter (enclosed battery) refused . At the moment it looks like they are accepting Ego type batteries again. Sometime they will ship juice, other times not.

But like you said, if your only choice is DHL or snail mail. Then its a no-brainer.

Yeah, you're right about that based on my experiences with DHL too. It wouldn't surprise me that come Monday I get an email from FT saying that "Sorry, our website wasn't updated lately, and DHL is no longer shipping batteries. Your best choice is China Post. Expect 3-4 weeks for delivery. So sorry..."

Just my luck...

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
The trick I believe is to maximize your purchase if you use DHL. Buy like 10 ego batteries. You can always pawn off a few to friends or co-workers at a couple of bucks profit. It covers your DHL costs. They win...you win!

I use 18650 batteries and order 10-20 batteries at a time out of Hong Kong.

The way I see it you can never have too many batteries :)

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
The trick I believe is to maximize your purchase if you use DHL. Buy like 10 ego batteries. You can always pawn off a few to friends or co-workers at a couple of bucks profit. It covers your DHL costs. They win...you win!

I use 18650 batteries and order 10-20 batteries at a time out of Hong Kong.

The way I see it you can never have too many batteries :)

Exactly, that's why I made my order to be approx. $100. And surprisingly the DHL fee was only $16. That's certainly not bad. FT must have VIP connections with DHL, as orders from other places using DHL have costed me double that. And the weight was about the same. 8 Ego batteries, 10 tanks, 16 packs of coils, and a whole host of other odds and ends.

$16 for DHL on a big shipment, not bad, eh!

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Yeah, you're right about that based on my experiences with DHL too. It wouldn't surprise me that come Monday I get an email from FT saying that "Sorry, our website wasn't updated lately, and DHL is no longer shipping batteries. Your best choice is China Post. Expect 3-4 weeks for delivery. So sorry..."

Just my luck...

Unbelievable... Just as I thought. Just got this email from FT, after waiting 1 week for packaging to take place :

"Thanks for ordering from FastTech.

We are sorry to notify you that DHL can't ship any batteries or liquids any more due to the more and more strictly custom inspection.

As there are batteries (sku 1392601) in your order and you have selected DHL express for order, would you like us to ship the entire order via registered air mail(8-20 business days for delivery)? We will refund the DHL shipping cost in this case.

Please kindly reply to us at your earliest convenience so we can proceed your order soon.

All in all, we feel sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Your understanding will be greatly appreciated."

Now I try to cancel and they issue me a $125 Gift Certificate, instead of refunding money to my PayPal as I requested. Looks like I'm in for a battle. Great....

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
If you have to send it via airmail I would suggest China Post instead of Singapore Post. I ordered some stuff 2 weeks ago and it arrived today. Odd because usually when you cancel an item they offer the refund either via paypal or store credit. I'm sure if you ask them they will give you the refund via paypal. They are pretty good about this kind of problem...at least in my experience.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
If you have to send it via airmail I would suggest China Post instead of Singapore Post. I ordered some stuff 2 weeks ago and it arrived today. Odd because usually when you cancel an item they offer the refund either via paypal or store credit. I'm sure if you ask them they will give you the refund via paypal. They are pretty good about this kind of problem...at least in my experience.

Thanks for that Waddle. Yes, they switched it back to full PayPal refund. They had initially made an error. No big problem.

And yes, agreed upon choosing "China Post" as opposed to "Singapore Post." Much faster. Although, they also list a "Recommended Post". I've never gone with that one as the wait time indicates slightly longer. Makes me wonder what Postal system that one is.....

Nothing beats EMS or DHL if urgency is a necessity. Although I've chosen that a few different times, but FT drags their feet in actually handling it over to them, which annoys me. Even when the product indicates item is "In Stock" and ready to ship the next working day.

It goes without saying that anything ordered from now until Christmas is surely gonna take longer than usual. Thus I'm choosing to make the orders big and use EMS or DHL.

On a side note, FT told me that DHL is no longer shipping batteries or liquids. That I really question about. For I know for a fact, DHL is still shipping E-Liquids out of Shanghai with no problems at all. batteries, however, I imagine is world wide with both FedEx and DHL no longer shipping them. Though, I may be wrong.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Just fun, curiosity sake, what's gonna be your next purchase from FastTech? Myself, I can't seem to go 4 days without finding something I usually don't need on there.

Nonetheless, I'm thinking of a small, sturdy, well built mod that can almost fit in my pocket with an 18650 battery. Nothing fancy or super expensive. Just something to fit my Kayfun Lite V2 on and not look like a weapon. As my latest spending spree involved humongous Mods which are not practical to pack around and use somewhat in stealth. Most of them seem too long. I just want one slightly bigger than the battery itself.

Any ideas?

Nemesis and Chi-Yoo are too long.

Also, please add what you plan on buying next so we can give feedback too.

Such fun for a Saturday night, eh!

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I have had lots of stuff over the years and I treat FT ulike Santa, I order the stuff and then forget. When it turns up eventually its Christmas LOL

Lol... I can relate to that. Sometimes things show up that I didn't even know I ordered.

Anyways, any ideas on a small sized Mod? And, what are you gonna buy next?

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Sorry its the Sigelei 30W mini, not the 50W mini that I want. Neither will be here till after Xmas. Right now the only small 30W device on FT is the Cloupor, but they are notorious for producing crap. It's cheap enough though that it might be worth a gamble.

$36.36 Authentic Cloupor Mini 30W Variable Wattage / Voltage VW VV APV Box Mod - 7-30W / 3.6-7V / anodized aluminum / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The Eleaf Istick might also be an option for you. But not 18650. The new year will bring a flood of small devices due to the popularity of the Eleaf Istick.

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Sorry its the Sigelei 30W mini, not the 50W mini that I want. Neither will be here till after Xmas. Right now the only small 30W device on FT is the Cloupor, but they are notorious for producing crap. It's cheap enough though that it might be worth a gamble.

$36.36 Authentic Cloupor Mini 30W Variable Wattage / Voltage VW VV APV Box Mod - 7-30W / 3.6-7V / anodized aluminum / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The Eleaf Istick might also be an option for you. But not 18650. The new year will bring a flood of small devices due to the popularity of the Eleaf Istick.

WOW! That Cloupor Mini 30W is EXACTLY what I need. Fits right in the palm of your hand. Smaller then the dam atomizer. Just wish it was in stock NOW. I'd DHL it to my doorstep and have it by the end of next week. 12 more days to wait.....yikes! Being in Korea for close to 13 years has taken away all my patience. Everything now is go go go. bali...bali..bali...

Thanks for that Waddle. I'll order it regardless. Sometimes things come in stock sooner than expected. I definitely want/need this stealthy item for our Sapian vacation coming up soon.

Cheers...

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Be aware Cloupor has been known for producing crap. Read up on their Hana Mods, the T5, T6 and the T8. The only saving grace is that its so cheap that it might be worth a gamble. And you can't count on them being in stock in 12 days.

If you want a little better quality and can't wait, albeit more expensive, I'd go for a YiHi chip.

$68.42 ZERO Modz Style G-Sensor Variable Wattage APV Box Mod (SX300/35W) - 7-35W / 1*18650 / stainless steel / 10A maximum output / grey at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$48.30 SX300 G-Sensor Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 7-35W / 1*18650 / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread