Faulty battery chargers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
So a few weeks ago, I broke one on my original battery chargers used for charging either my 510 Penstyle or 650Mah Ego batteries. I bought a new one from VapeEscape but when it arrived, it really didn't want to charge any of my batteries. The red light stayed on and the batteries never got charged (whether in a USB>mains adapter - of which I have many - or into a USB port on my PC).

I sent it back and the lovely people at VapeEscape then sent me a mini charger which would probably be better suited to my batteries anyway. I tried it and again the batteries never got charged and the red light never went off. By now I was feeling horrendously unlucky but then it seemed that the battery did get charged but the light never went off...

Feeling a little embarassed, I decided to try a new charger supplier as I didn't want to keep bothering the lovely people at VapeEscape... I've bought a 'Titan USB charger' and a 'Titan Mega Charger' for 5 batteries from Totally Wicked. I plugged in two batteries into the mega charger and they didn't charge! The battery stays on red and the batteries don't charge. A fully charged battery will keep the light green...

So really, am I doing something wrong or I am just having the worst luck in the world? Its definitely not my USB>main adapters as I've got so many of them and my original battery charger works fine on them. My batteries are fine as they're charging on the old charger without a hitch. Also, the Mega Charger connects directly to the mains. If any of you guys have any ideas, I'd love to hear them as I'm gettin really stuck here!x

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
If it's not the chargers it could be the batteries. If you tried different USB sources then you've eliminated that and if all chargers do the same thing. On possibility is dirty contacts on your batteries. Try cleaning them with alcohol. They depend on the same contacts that come in contact with juice. If you know someone who has a different battery get them to try it in those chargers.

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
When I ordered the mega charger, I also ordered a standard one which looks like... this...
510-usb-charger.jpg

This one works just fine! I'm at a total loss with this now! I've tried cleaning the batteries and it's still not working... :-( x

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
Yeah, my batteries are the Titan variety and the pic of the charger I put above is a 150mah charger, just like the Mega charger. The one in the pic above will charge them, but the Mega charger wont... I left them for a good 4 hours last night plugged into the mains and they'd already had a good 3 hours plugged into an extension.x

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Ok. From what I read at the link I posted they have a Titan Mega and a Tornado Mega. The Tornado is 420 mah and is suitable for egos. if you have the 420 mah battery and its not charging the egos then something is wrong either with the egos or the charger.
For the 510s - use the 150 mah charger. Hope that makes sense.

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
Hopefully this will make sense...

This one: 510 Titan USB Charger is working. I have the same one at 200Mah which is also working.

This one: 510 Titan/Tornado Battery Mega Charger isn't working...

I'm using their 'Titan' batteries (510 Penstyle) and never had a problem with chargers until now...

I'm even confusing myself now! Lol!x

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hopefully this will make sense...

This one: 510 Titan USB Charger is working. I have the same one at 200Mah which is also working.

This one: 510 Titan/Tornado Battery Mega Charger isn't working...

I'm using their 'Titan' batteries (510 Penstyle) and never had a problem with chargers until now...

I'm even confusing myself now! Lol!x

Makes sense. The Tornado one is 150 ma charge current - that's fine for 510s but will be very slow for an ego. And its not working...

The Titan that is working is suited for 510s I think - does it say what the output or charge current is on it?

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
Makes sense. The Tornado one is 150 ma charge current - that's fine for 510s but will be very slow for an ego. And its not working...

The Titan that is working is suited for 510s I think - does it say what the output or charge current is on it?

I'm not using them for my 'Tornado' style Ego batteries. While it should be fine for my 'Titan' 510s, it isn't working, that's correct.

The output on the 'Titan' charger says 150Mah too, just like the Mega charger...x

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
That's what my 510 starter kit came with from exhalecigarettes came with. I have been using it for a month now, is it bad?

No. The mah of the battery and the output mah of a charger aren't related (with one caveat). The output mah of the charger is how fast it charges a battery. The mah of a battery is its capacity to output electricity to your atty. Low mah batteries shouldn't be charged too fast so staying under 500 mah charger output is recommended/wise/important for small batts. - 510 batts usually have a 150-200 mah charger. eGo batts usually have a 420 mah charger.

And, I'm sticking with the idea that some of the chargers the OP has purchased are not making contact with the center post of the batteries. Even a 1000 mah charger will turn red and charge a low mah battery (with risk - but indeed will operate).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread