Fautly Pulse V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craniax

May 16, 2023
I have been using the Vandy vape Pulse V2 for about 6 months. Since I got him he actually didn't squonk very well but I didn't care, but since the last week it has gotten so bad that little to nothing comes out of the squonk tube. I've already done several troubleshooting steps and I found out that there is something in my mod's squonktube. If I poke it in with a pin, I come to a stop about half way. This is due to some kind of metal object I think. I don't know if it should be there or if it's a fabrication error but I think this is causing my problem. It is impossible to take it out because it is completely stuck in it. I do think I could send the product back but if someone has a solution it would cost me a lot of effort.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I pulled out my V2 and fed a straightened paper clip from the 510 all the way through, with no obstruction.
    Something must be blocking yours.
    You could try pushing it through with something heavier than a pin.
    Hopefully, it's not a bit of solder.
    A drill with a micro drill bit might work.
    Good luck.

Last edited:

Craniax

May 16, 2023
    I pulled out my V2 and fed a straightened paper clip from the 510 all the way through, with no obstruction.
    Something must be blocking yours.
    You could try pushing it through with something heavier than a pin.
    Hopefully, it's not a bit of solder.
    A drill with a micro drill bit might work.
    Good luck.
    yes, that's what I thought because it's a bit strange to think that there would be a valve in it. I really wouldn't know what it is, because even with a screwdriver it won't move at all. I also don't dare to put more force because pieces of iron come with it. It could be some solder but why would it cause a bigger problem now

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I've never cared for squonkers that use a proprietary bottle design.

Proprietary VV v2 bottle:

authentic-vandy-vape-pulse-v2-ii-95w-vape-box-mod-replacement-squonk-squeeze-refilling-bottle-...jpg

Each one of my 28 squonkers uses the tried and true squonk bottle.

SS_Squonk_Bottle-510x510.jpg

If something were to get stuck in the tube, replace the tube and done. Simple. :greengrin:

Craniax

May 16, 2023
    I've never cared for squonkers that use a proprietary bottle design.

Proprietary VV v2 bottle:

View attachment 995568

Each one of my 28 squonkers uses the tried and true squonk bottle.

View attachment 995569

If something were to get stuck in the tube, replace the tube and done. Simple. :greengrin:
    Its not stuck in the pipe of the bottle but in the pipe of the mod thats the problem.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Its not stuck in the pipe of the bottle but in the pipe of the mod thats the problem.

I completely misunderstood, sorry.

The inner tube of a 510 squonk assembly measures ~1.3mm to 1.5mm. Some are slightly larger, it all depends on the 510 squonk assembly Vandy Vape used.

IMG_2451.jpg

That's the 510 assembly from an Armageddon squonker. I tried measuring the size of the inner tube with my caliper but the dang caliper won't fit inside the mod. I used a millimeter ruler and estimated the size to be 1.3mm to 1.5mm.

I am able to take the smallest Allen wrench I have and cleanly run it through that tube. That might work for you, depending on what exactly is stuck in yours.

You may need a narrow tool with a handle to fit into the tube from the topside giving you better leverage to try and force the foreign object out. If you don't have a tool like that, your local hardware store will.

Run the tool through the 510 squonk pin from the top.

mm510-v2-squonker-ss22mm2mmscrew.jpg

Another option is using heat. Heat will cause the stainless steel 510 pin to expand slightly. Carefully use a lighter on the bottom side of the pin. Get it good and hot. Then try forcing a tool (gently but with force) through the pin to dislodge whatever is in there.

Warning: If there are any plastic parts in the VV 510 assembly, Do Not Use Heat.

mm510-v2-squonker-ss22mm2mmscrew-1.jpg

If that does not work, you have a few more options. As Puffon mentioned, very carefully using a drill might work. If you are not comfortable using a drill on your squonker perhaps you can find a precision machine shop to sort it out for you.

Another option is to replace the 510 squonk assembly. I do not know what size assembly will fit in a VV Pulse v2. If you decide to do that, once you remove the 510 assembly measure it.

The top of a 510 squonk assembly is from 16mm - 24mm on just about every squonker I own.
    Then you will need to know the height of the assembly. The one pictured below is 1mm thick at the top. Finally you need to know the overall height (20.5mm as shown below).

mm510-v1-squonker-ss16mm05mm.jpg

There are many 510 squonk assembly options and sizes available at ModMaker. Once you have yours removed you can compare the size to those at ModMaker.

If you are not comfortable swapping a 510 assembly your last option is to purchase a new mod.

Hopefully you are able to dislodge the foreign object using a tool.

Good luck!!!

Craniax

May 16, 2023
    I completely misunderstood, sorry.

The inner tube of a 510 squonk assembly measures ~1.3mm to 1.5mm. Some are slightly larger, it all depends on the 510 squonk assembly Vandy Vape used.

View attachment 995592
    That's the 510 assembly from an Armageddon squonker. I tried measuring the size of the inner tube with my caliper but the dang caliper won't fit inside the mod. I used a millimeter ruler and estimated the size to be 1.3mm to 1.5mm.

I am able to take the smallest Allen wrench I have and cleanly run it through that tube. That might work for you, depending on what exactly is stuck in yours.

You may need a narrow tool with a handle to fit into the tube from the topside giving you better leverage to try and force the foreign object out. If you don't have a tool like that, your local hardware store will.

Run the tool through the 510 squonk pin from the top.

View attachment 995595

Another option is using heat. Heat will cause the stainless steel 510 pin to expand slightly. Carefully use a lighter on the bottom side of the pin. Get it good and hot. Then try forcing a tool (gently but with force) through the pin to dislodge whatever is in there.

Warning: If there are any plastic parts in the VV 510 assembly, Do Not Use Heat.

View attachment 995596

If that does not work, you have a few more options. As Puffon mentioned, very carefully using a drill might work. If you are not comfortable using a drill on your squonker perhaps you can find a precision machine shop to sort it out for you.

Another option is to replace the 510 squonk assembly. I do not know what size assembly will fit in a VV Pulse v2. If you decide to do that, once you remove the 510 assembly measure it.

The top of a 510 squonk assembly is from 16mm - 24mm on just about every squonker I own.
    Then you will need to know the height of the assembly. The one pictured below is 1mm thick at the top. Finally you need to know the overall height (20.5mm as shown below).

View attachment 995597

There are many 510 squonk assembly options and sizes available at ModMaker. Once you have yours removed you can compare the size to those at ModMaker.

If you are not comfortable swapping a 510 assembly your last option is to purchase a new mod.

Hopefully you are able to dislodge the foreign object using a tool.

Good luck!!!
    thanks for the heap of options. i tried to get it out but just little iron bits come out but no movement. I'll look for a 1.3mm drill bit and just drill it out

Craniax

May 16, 2023
    I'll update you on my progress with the mod. So the problem was that there was a clogged pipe. I took the backplate off and then found that with some effort I can detach the pipe itself from the mod,
    IMG_6785.jpeg

I could try drilling it out but I don't have a drill bit that small for the moment so my next step is to heat up the pipe with a soldering iron. I've determined with some measurements that the blockage is about here.
    IMG_6786.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread