Favorite Coil setup + Favorite RBA/RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PharkD

Jul 2, 2013
Prescott AZ
I just got into the rba scene last friday and i dont see why i have never bothered trying it. Smoothis hits, biggest clouds, and best taste i have ever had from an ecig. Im currently running an RSST on a Smoktech Natural Mod mechanical. I also have an iGo-l but i find the drip is so obnoxious. I run on just a basic coil setup with my RSST with a 400 ss mesh wick. In your opinion whats uour favorite coil setup and favorite rba/rda? Pics welcome of your setups ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372883561.927182.jpg

PharkD

Jul 2, 2013
Prescott AZ
I've only got "low end" gear to play with but I'm loving this setup. A natural and an Igo L. 1/16th micro coil at 1.6 ohm with 30 ga and cotton wick. View attachment 227307 View attachment 227308

I like. I had that exact setup minus the micro two weeks ago. The igo isnt bad i just dont like drips. I only use my drip to sample flavors now and days.

Glock Rock

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2012
Indiana
I'm a big fan of the Vision Eternity. It's one of the cheaper RDAs out there at about $30, but it's of good quality. Holds an insane amount of liquid for an RDA. It doesn't require any tools to assemble. But it has a long way to travel so the vape is pretty cool, which is the entire reason I got it. I'm a freak and I like a cooler vape. So if you're a weirdo like me and like a cooler vape, then 1.7Ω at around 4.8v - 5v is a perfect vape on this thing.

If I had a working camera, I'd post a pic of my setup but I sort of dropped my camera in the sink :oops:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
usezara3.jpg

This is my favorite:
30 ga Kanthal A1 wrapped around a 16ga blunt tip luer lock needle then attached to the atomizer, slide out the needle, slide in a wick of rolled cotton and squeeze the onboard bottle to drip from the bottom (thru that little hole). The excess drains back into the onboard 6ml bottle.

Fresh squozen juice on demand.

The atomizer is a REO RM2 (yep, that's a ceramic floor :) ) and the squeezebox is REO grand. Really no other way to go if you like leak free, hassle free vaping, dripping, RBA's and pocketability :)

Last edited:

curisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco
Right now, my favorite setup is nearly solid 500 mesh wick with a 4/5 wrap of 28g in my RSST. I have the air-hole bored to 1/16", but that maybe too large.

It currently lives on my nemesis mechanical, but reads 1 ohm flat on my provari.

cool to warm vape, good flavor. i can hold the button down as long as i like and it never burns the juice; good setup for me as i chain vape when i get the chance.

the 3/4 wrap was warmer, with a slightly stronger flavor profile, but it tended to burn the juice after 10s or so.

i have spools of 30g and 32g, so i may spend some time this weekend playing with fewer a 3/4 or even 2/3 wrap, but i'm really liking the sturdiness of the 28g.

honestly still experimenting and i haven't even changed the mesh grain yet. only variance so far is the tightness of the roll.

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
usezara3.jpg

This is my favorite:
30 ga Kanthal A1 wrapped around a 16ga blunt tip luer lock needle then attached to the atomizer, slide out the needle, slide in a wick of rolled cotton and squeeze the onboard bottle to drip from the bottom (thru that little hole). The excess drains back into the onboard 6ml bottle.

Fresh squozen juice on demand.

The atomizer is a REO RM2 (yep, that's a ceramic floor :) ) and the squeezebox is REO grand. Really no other way to go if you like leak free, hassle free vaping, dripping, RBA's and pocketability :)

That is nice setup :) Are there any cheaper RBAs that can be used on the REO? Not that I can afford to get one now but REO would cost me al ot as it is and that RBA is another $50 on top so wondering if I can try and save a little if I ever get a REO

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
You mean with the loopie in the middle? Fold wire in half around a toothpick or drill bit, then wrap from center out. I saw a coil like that in some instructions for a cheapo atty, once. I used to use it when it was important for a build to have the legs come out of the same side of the coil. Here, I used it to allow for space/wick in the middle, as I thought maybe a 0.5Ω Micro-coil could use a little more wick to keep it wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread