Favorite Mod and Tank set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallini82

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Virginia
PROVARI.jpg

I just bought this for about 30 bucks. Looks awesome can wait to get it. Thanks again Subwayaznm for the info.

tallini82

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Virginia
Very nice set up Defdock. I love the clear bell cap on the orcid. I'm going to try to find one for my kayfun. It makes them looks sexy. So many pp today are into the subtanks and big clouds. Its nice to see ppl still using the rebuild-able tanks. I know the Kayfun changed my world when it came to vaping.

Reactions: defdock

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
If you don't mind waiting, fasttech sells tons of aftermarket parts for the kayfun. They are based out of china, and where I shop 80% of the time for vape gear.

It is where I got the steamtuners "slam cap" bell cap in the last picture, and the regular bellcap in the first picture :)
(Aware as some are not)
Due to touchy subject, beware they are "clone" items. Fasttech sells "authentic" stuff also, but it is labled as so and includes company names.

Sidetask: I have to rewick that last build with claptons, it started leaking. Assuming due to not large enough tails in the juice channels

Reactions: tallini82

tallini82

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Virginia
If you don't mind waiting, fasttech sells tons of aftermarket parts for the kayfun. They are based out of china, and where I shop 80% of the time for vape gear.

It is where I got the steamtuners "slam cap" bell cap in the last picture, and the regular bellcap in the first picture :)
(Aware as some are not)
Due to touchy subject, beware they are "clone" items. Fasttech sells "authentic" stuff also, but it is labled as so and includes company names.

Sidetask: I have to rewick that last build with claptons, it started leaking. Assuming due to not large enough tails in the juice channels
Thank you for the info on were I can find bell caps. Ill prob be ordering one this weekend for mine. They look so nice I have to have one.:thumb:

tallini82

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Virginia
If anyone else has any pics of there RTA's set up's. We would loved to see them. I go a little gaga over these things. I'm into the rebuild-able tank in a big way and love see them. It almost seems like a dying art with all the subtanks that are out there. Who needs to buy coils when you can make them. lol

tallini82

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Virginia
I got my bell caps in the other day for my Kayfun. Thanks again defdock for helping me find them they are awesome! I meant to bring it in to work today to get a pic up here, I'll have to bring it in later this week. It looks really sweet on my Caravela. I realized pretty quickly I had to change the way I build coils in it. I usually run a .5 this was to low or maybe my coil was to high off the deck. I melted one of the bell caps. lol I'm using this guy today I really enjoy it takes a .75ohm coil and is a basic 4.2 volt device. I'm loving the vapor productions ans flavor it puts off.
IMG_1221.JPG

tallini82

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Virginia
What does everyone prefer theses days? RDA's RTA's Sub Tanks ect? I really enjoyed the dripping seen for awhile. I have like 20 RDAs at least unfortunate I don't have much time these days to tinker with them. I was buying them for awhile just for what was engraved on them, I even have some I never even used lol. I do enjoy the RDA's for no nic max vg juice just going for flavor. Where as for all day im back to the kayfun were I run anywhere from 10mg to 18mg on those stressful days like today :mad:lol

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
All I use is tanks, I own 2 drippers (lowpro and derringer) but only use them when I mix up juice (once every other month LOL)
I recently got a "tube rta" clone from fasttech not sure who the OEM company is, but it's basicaly a kayfun with good s2l hitting. If I'm not mistaken, the centerpin airflow is 3.5mm or 4mm. With the airflow slightly closed, it's similar to my drilled out orchid but single coil instead. - best part is it shares the same threads as an orchid, so I have it bell capped :) it don't have a fill screw on the base so you have to get crafty when mashing parts, otherwise stock it has topfill

tallini82

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Virginia
OMG! So I went to a cloud comp last Saturday. I haven't been able to find my Caravela and Kayfun set up sense. My coworker that gave me a ride up to the comp called me last night and told me he noticed something silver on the back of his car last night on his ride home. The mod had been piggybacking on the back of his car for like 4 days without falling off. I must have sat it in that grove between the trunk and back windshield. Unbelievably lucky. I might try to cop an orcid to try defdock. I had one a tear or so back and never had any luck builing on it. But after seeing the pic of your's I see my problem might have been shoving the cotton into those four juice wells.

tallini82

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Virginia

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Well, my current Fav of course is the newest addition to my ever expanding fleet of Tootle gear. Istick mini 10 watt w/Protank II 2.4 NR-R-NR and cheesecloth wick.

2016-04-18_19.05.38.jpg
2016-04-18_19.28.43.jpg

But my all time fav has to be the Kingside e-Huge 26650 VV/VW mod w/Squape. Just not really very pocket friendly.:blink:

2016-03-11_14.24.53.jpg

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
I might try to cop an orcid to try defdock. I had one a tear or so back and never had any luck builing on it. But after seeing the pic of your's I see my problem might have been shoving the cotton into those four juice wells.
Be aware, my orchid base is modded/drilled for bigger airflow/juiceflow.

The stock silverplay v1 base is exactly the same as my orchid base in terms of airflow/juice flow, just slightly taller due to having afc. Also, if you get the "full tank", you can use the silverplay chamber to attach the "slamcap" to it, as the top chamber threads are the same as a kayfun as well as the tank section. ;) the silverplay chamber is what I'm using in the last picture to "attach" the slamcap to my orchid.

tallini82

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Virginia
  • Deleted by tallini82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread