Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rcon

Aug 11, 2016
Thanks dc99, but unfortunately we can't get Purilum flavours in the UK as yet. I had the same issue with Hangsen concentrates and eventually cracked and imported them from Bullcity, but the overall cost to do so (with shipping and the dreaded UK import duty) would prevent me from repeating that process. On that note, I should take this opportunity to mention that the service from Bullcity was outstanding, from order to delivery at my door in the UK in 3 days, faster than most UK vendors I deal with seem to be able to manage (except for Chefs Flavours who are also very fast and our version of Bullcity I guess). All credit to Bullcity and I can see why they are so popular on these forums.

Hopefully Chefs Flavours will stock some Purilum soon, I heard a few weeks back that they are reaching out to them.

In the meantime I have all of these Inawera flavours to start trying next week. I consider myself a seasoned veteran steeper but I must admit I've really struggled keeping my hands off of them before the crucial two weeks are up.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I must admit I've really struggled keeping my hands off of them before the crucial two weeks are up.
Why? As long as you realize the younger mixes may continue to change, and can resist the temptation to tweak or pass final judgement, there is no harm in early sampling. In fact, you may find something you prefer less developed.

That was my experience with INW Am4a. I found my personal sweet spot was in the 3 day to 2 week time frame. After that, it looses too much of the aromatics, that I really like it for. If I hadn't tried it early; I never would have liked it, and missed out on what has become an ADV for me. (I also wouldn't have learned not to mix up a batch bigger than I can vape up within two weeks.)
:)

Rcon

Aug 11, 2016
Why? As long as you realize the younger mixes may continue to change, and can resist the temptation to tweak or pass final judgement, there is no harm in early sampling. In fact, you may find something you prefer less developed.

Yes, fair point. When I was researching the Inawera tobaccos everyone seemed so adamant that 2+ weeks steep was needed for the brand that I thought I'd best stick to that, but you are right and we all taste things differently anyway.

One thing I do know for sure is that 99% of the time if you don't like the flavour at all after a day no amount of steeping is likely to change that, so I guess early testing is a good way to get rid of the non starters quickly.

I began with two of them this morning and straight off the bat Black and Dark for Pipe are amazing. Very similar to Old Holborn rolling tobacco (to me) and instantly reminded me of home made NET's.

I'm even more excited to try the rest of the range now, so thanks for the friendly shove!

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
All of you who advised various tobaccos to me, thank you.

I haven't gone through every single last one yet, but I do have some that are standouts to me.
1)Soho (13%)-- this is so good and it reminds me so much of Prime 15 from Halo. P15 has been a favorite of mine since the beginning.
2) Island Tobacco(3%)-- There are so many different notes to this flavor. I get hints of rum sometimes, cocoa other times, and some kind of bright fruity twinge of flavor. Citrus maybe? All of the flavors are slight and not all there together all the time. I am curious to see how this steeps.
3)am4a(4%)-- see #2 but more tobacco presence.
4)Kentucky Blend(4%)-- this surprised me because I was not impressed with the sniff test. I don't even know how to describe it, but I really like this one a lot.
5)Flue Cured Hangsen (3%)-- this is just good and enjoyable, I like the tobacco presence a lot.

I have about 14 more to work through and only one is a no bueno for me. No one suggested Connecticut Shade, I chose it all on my own. When I was a kid I once got kicked in the mouth so hard that I tasted the shoe. Connecticut Shade reminded me of that....... perhaps a good steep will change it.

I've only tried a few recipes so far. Cardinal is pretty good,

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
All of you who advised various tobaccos to me, thank you.

I haven't gone through every single last one yet, but I do have some that are standouts to me.
1)Soho (13%)-- this is so good and it reminds me so much of Prime 15 from Halo. P15 has been a favorite of mine since the beginning.
2) Island Tobacco(3%)-- There are so many different notes to this flavor. I get hints of rum sometimes, cocoa other times, and some kind of bright fruity twinge of flavor. Citrus maybe? All of the flavors are slight and not all there together all the time. I am curious to see how this steeps.
3)am4a(4%)-- see #2 but more tobacco presence.
4)Kentucky Blend(4%)-- this surprised me because I was not impressed with the sniff test. I don't even know how to describe it, but I really like this one a lot.
5)Flue Cured Hangsen (3%)-- this is just good and enjoyable, I like the tobacco presence a lot.

I have about 14 more to work through and only one is a no bueno for me. No one suggested Connecticut Shade, I chose it all on my own. When I was a kid I once got kicked in the mouth so hard that I tasted the shoe. Connecticut Shade reminded me of that....... perhaps a good steep will change it.

I've only tried a few recipes so far. Cardinal is pretty good,
Cardinal is also fun to tweak. I like it with 5% pur butter pecan, A friend also mentioned 8% tfa pistachio. I do double the tobacco part.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I was also thinking about doubling the tobacco part myself. I love Red Burley as a stand alone. I like the butter pecan idea.
The tobacco part will fade a bit. Fear is the one that mentioned doubling it if you were going to have it a while. I just made a 100ml and break it down when I think of a tweak I want to try.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
@Skeebo what are the brands of the flavors you mentioned above?

Soho is Flavor Art
Island Flavoring (Tobacco on label) is SC
Am4A is INW
Flue Cured is Hangsen.

I enjoy Soho so much that I ordered a 4oz bottle during the BCF sale. I enjoy it at 13%.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Would that be a quarter note? ;)

A lady on another thread mentioned she wanted something similar but stronger and would be willing to DIY. I've been eyeing the Sonata, but that stuff is expensive.

So, I guess Fran and I came over here and saw this thread should have been locked by today.

Last edited:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I need to trade someone some slightly used Gold Ducat and 555 Gold for some Red USA Mix. I also have an extra VBIC I won't use.

I might know someone who might be interested, moi. I have RED USA that I don't use and I do like 555 Gold and never tried Gold Ducat. Which VBIC to you have? I have many other tobaccos as well if you can think of anything else you'd like. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread