Favourite Tank Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My favorite drop in tanks are the Kabuki tanks (they turn Nautilus coils into flavor machines) and either the Tron S or the Ego One Mega V2 (stainless steel, as the paint can chip) with the Joytech CLR coil at 1.0). The magic is in the coils, the CLR coils last forever (they do have different resistances, though, if you want to go lower) and they can be easily rewicked and rebuilt. The Innoken Zenith tank is excellent, and the coils last forever. They are expensive, but last a long time. Nicely designed tank, good flavor.

For RTAs, the Siren V2, (I actually like the 22 mm more than the 24), the Innoken Ares (love this tank, great flavor machine) and the Vandy vape berserker, for RTAs.

Anna

ETA: I don't have a "favorite" liquid, I DIY my juices and if I don't love them... I fix them. LOL.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
i rotate quite a bit, i have a siren v2, aromamizer supreme v2, serpent smm, and an engine nano that are in regular use.

the Siren is my work and travel vape because i run 12mg in it. it has good flavor and good capacity.

my aromamizer supreme is setup as a single coil flavor monster, .28 clapton build with great vapor and flavor for my citrusy juices.

my serpent is a great flavor hit with smaller coils, and is low profile.

the engine nano is my menthol monster, .5 round wire build for my "ice cold fizzy lemonade" doesnt kill you with menthol and is great flavor.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
F4E489EE-EE83-4B5B-8FBA-B514A2019730.jpeg
My favorite tank is the vaporesso Cascade for wonderful full flavor and dense clouds using the GT coils.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
"Original" Uwell Crown clearomizer tank.

It just works best for me. I have three for different flavors. Have had the first one for about a year and a half. No issues whatsoever. Great vapor and flavor production. 4 ml liquid capacity. Easy top fill. Replacement coils last me at least 4 weeks. Four choices of coils. Ratcheted air ring adjusts for MTL to DTL. Able to replace the stock drip tip with a delrin one.

Current favorite flavor is Coffee Cake, a 100% vg liquid. I also do DIY mixing, and make a tasty Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

Last edited:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
back in 2014, I bought a used authentic Kayfun Lite v2+ to use with my used ProVari ... that Kayfun ended up being the perfect topper to replace my IBTanked carto tank setup.

4 years later ... I'm still vaping that very same Kayfun and have never even wanted to try something else.

LewisW295

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
South Glamorgan, Wales
I'm torn at the moment. My experience with tanks goes across a relatively broad spectrum.

As a new vaper, once I got off of the CE4s I found the Kik Protank to be a solid machine but I replaced it with a Nautilus that leaked like mad. I have to admit that the Protank beat the T3S and the Nautilus in the grand scheme of things.

I shifted that for an iJust 2 tank which vaped good but took forever to wick. I then discovered the Uwell Crown (Original) which I've loved for well over a year. I recently acquired a TFV12 Prince tank which has been okay so far but not a fan of the TPD 2ml capacity as it drinks liquid for morning coffee.

Overall, the Crown OG has everything I wanted in a tank. Flavour, good cloud and durability. It lasted being dropped several times (the iJust just didn't have that going for it) and the only reason it got replaced was because of my urge to try something new.

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
Original Cleito with original 0.4 ohm kanthal coils at 45 watts. I see no reason to change. Lots of flavour, good vapour production, great coil life, and the things never leak for me. Being able to vape at 45 watts lets me keep the mod size and weight down too. I like to pack light. Any of the tanks that need 60+ watts make single battery mods fairly useless.

Reactions: stols001

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
As it stands, the SuckMyMod by Serpent is my favorite, single coil, forgiving with cotton placement (doesn't have to be perfect) & provides outstanding flavor. Also still use a couple of Kangertech mini tanks (not the Pro 2/3 type I've not touched for 2+ years), the ones where there's several types of coils to choose from, from regular vertical (can occasionally find horizontal), nickel, a couple of SS variants & I believe a ceramic type, also SS. Was totally unimpressed with the SS type that has an extra small airflow hole, these were literally spitting juice in my mouth & weren't knockoffs.:(

After blowing a wad of cash on these coils (some were clones or recoils), didn't dawn on me until a year ago that the extra one included (the 0.5 ohm) is perfect for horizontal rebuilding, once all of that wad of cotton is removed, soaked in 91% alcohol & cleaned. Have to poke around with the coil jig to get it all & rinse again. Can take 5 wraps of 28 gauge SS 316L wire at 2.5mm & vapes better than the coils purchased new. Uses no extra cotton, I save the scraps from RTA's for these. Until I discovered the SMM tanks, these were my favorite for nearly two years & still use regularly now.:)

However, have a new tank coming in today, the SMOK TF12 Cloud Beast Tank (RBA Edition), was very hard to find. Went through 20+ sites, maybe 25, found on Element Vape for $32.95 + shipping ($40 & some change). There was one on a Canadian site, yet was over $40 plus shipping, which could be held up by Customs. The non-RBA was $3 less on Element Vape, but I like to do my own coils. Basically the RBA Edition is the same as the regular TF12 Cloud Beast Tank, other than includes the RBA decks (one a triple coil build), not a bad deal for an extra $3. Chose the Rainbow color because it more closely matches my Revenger X mod, the one with touch screen.

I chose the SMOK TF12 Cloud Beast RBA edition because of it's raving reviews, hope that it lives up to it's hype, if not, will be very disappointed. Due to the fact that it's out of stock much everywhere, I take it that the tank is in high demand. Am hoping that once the weekend is over, the Cloud Beast RBA edition will become my 'go to' tank. The Revenger X has ample power for my needs, although the Cloud Beast can go over 300W for those who are true cloud maswith hined for a perfect fit. The coils, prebuilt or RBA, are screwed into the stem, then the base afterwards, which greatly prevents leakage. I don't even get condensation from the NRG tank on the Revenger X mod, let alone leaks, and the lid easily flips open to fill, may at first be tight.

In case anyone is wondering why the Vaporesso NRG tank isn't my fave, it's because I ordered a SMOK RBA standalone upgrade that ideally should had worked. However, there was no taller glass in the package for the NRG to accommodate the RBA, while there's one fatter for extra capacity (a different purchase), had it been taller, probably would had been perfect. I suppose that Vaporesso didn't want this to happen. Maybe all turned out for the best, being the Cloud Beast RBA Edition ships with two decks, plus regular coils to have 'just in case'.

Hopefully I can use the included NRG coils for awhile, seen a YouTube video of how to clean these (as well as the SMOK brand), by soaking 6-8 hours in Everclear (grain alcohol only, NOT the type used for other purposes). The liquid may turn very dark, depending on what e-juice is used. Then rinse in water, soak for an additional 6-8 hours in hot water, rinse again, blow out excess water with mouth into paper towel, and place over a heat/AC vent to dry. This is supposed to bring these coils back to 90% of a new one, and can be repeated as long as the coils are functional, preferably cleaning before becoming clogged. The man who does the video is popular, don't recall his name, has a medium long beard, talks wild & reviews every device that comes his way.:D

Will be revisiting this Topic to update how the Cloud Beast turns out, tickled pink that Element Vape ships so fast, great customer service.:)

BTW, also have a Reload Kindbright version RTA (clone) that I've not had the time to try yet, will so so after learning the Cloud Beast. Plus a genuine GeekVape Ammit single coil RTA still unopened after 3-4 months. Have more vape gear on hand than can keep up with!:party:

Cat

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
My favorite drop in coil tank is the Crown. Been using it with the .5 coils for at least a year and a half. For my favorite RTA is easy, I only have one but it’s a good one. The asmodus Zesthia is a wonderful single coil RTA. Really easy to setup, provides delicious vapor, and is built solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread