Favourite Tank Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
My favorite drop in tanks are the Kabuki tanks (they turn Nautilus coils into flavor machines) and either the Tron S or the Ego One Mega V2 (stainless steel, as the paint can chip) with the Joytech CLR coil at 1.0). The magic is in the coils, the CLR coils last forever (they do have different resistances, though, if you want to go lower) and they can be easily rewicked and rebuilt. The Innoken Zenith tank is excellent, and the coils last forever. They are expensive, but last a long time. Nicely designed tank, good flavor.

For RTAs, the Siren V2, (I actually like the 22 mm more than the 24), the Innoken Ares (love this tank, great flavor machine) and the Vandy vape berserker, for RTAs.

Anna

ETA: I don't have a "favorite" liquid, I DIY my juices and if I don't love them... I fix them. LOL.
I like my Siren 2 tanks, as well..
My favorite tank right now is the Smok TFV8. I love it so much I have no reason to upgrade to the TFV12, lol. I'm currently vaping #SinkingShip by Mitten Vapors (banana/chocolate/peanut butter)
It's a very open tank, very flavorful. I'm into a second week of use on one coil..

I'm playing with Prime Clones ATM and liking them very much :)
I have a Crius V2 and some doggystyles on order.

Last edited:

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Stated in an earlier post that I'd come back after trying the SMOK TFV12 Cloud Beast RBA Edition & it's indeed a killer tank/RBA!:D

No prebuilt SMOK coils are shipped with this kit, rather two RBA's, haven't tried the 3 coil yet & may not. Many says it guzzles e-juice & eats batteries alive! Have ordered another of the dual coil RBA to have the single coil adapter & an extra RBA of this type (love single coil flavor more than any other). Many sites are sold out of the RBA edition, so I presume it's either popular or discontinued (Fasttech says discontinued on most colors, there's a Gold left). Oddly for them, only one choice of resin drip tip (5 pack white) for the tank, while there's lots of choices for the TFV8 version. Don't believe a white drip tip matches the blue/black Vaporesso mod & Rainbow TFV12 Cloud Beast.

$7.84 Authentic Smoktech SMOK Glass Drip Tip for SMOK TFV12 Cloud Beast King Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Only cons about the tank (for me) was the first coil build leaked a bit. Next wick was with a bit more cotton & this is really important with this tank, needs to be fluffed, tucked in & primed good, didn't leak afterwards, just a wee bit of condensation. So if anyone buys one & it leaks, check out a couple of YouTube videos on wicking, will be good to go. Also not the best for high nic users due it it's sheer power, have ordered one of my favorite e-juices with 0mg nic, will split the bottles to cut in half (6mg).

Tank be a bit overkill for some, almost so for me, yet I chose the TFV12 version because reviewers stated the RBA is more roomy to build on. I'll likely try the TFV8 Cloud Beast RBA Edition at some point, for when wanting a more mellow vape, yet for now, the TFV12 Cloud Beast has taken over as my 'go to' tank.:thumbs:

skiptowncat

Sep 24, 2017
Manchester UK
Stated in an earlier post that I'd come back after trying the SMOK TFV12 Cloud Beast RBA Edition & it's indeed a killer tank/RBA!:D

No prebuilt SMOK coils are shipped with this kit, rather two RBA's, haven't tried the 3 coil yet & may not. Many says it guzzles e-juice & eats batteries alive! Have ordered another of the dual coil RBA to have the single coil adapter & an extra RBA of this type (love single coil flavor more than any other). Many sites are sold out of the RBA edition, so I presume it's either popular or discontinued (Fasttech says discontinued on most colors, there's a Gold left). Oddly for them, only one choice of resin drip tip (5 pack white) for the tank, while there's lots of choices for the TFV8 version. Don't believe a white drip tip matches the blue/black Vaporesso mod & Rainbow TFV12 Cloud Beast.

$7.84 Authentic Smoktech SMOK Glass Drip Tip for SMOK TFV12 Cloud Beast King Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Only cons about the tank (for me) was the first coil build leaked a bit. Next wick was with a bit more cotton & this is really important with this tank, needs to be fluffed, tucked in & primed good, didn't leak afterwards, just a wee bit of condensation. So if anyone buys one & it leaks, check out a couple of YouTube videos on wicking, will be good to go. Also not the best for high nic users due it it's sheer power, have ordered one of my favorite e-juices with 0mg nic, will split the bottles to cut in half (6mg).

Tank be a bit overkill for some, almost so for me, yet I chose the TFV12 version because reviewers stated the RBA is more roomy to build on. I'll likely try the TFV8 Cloud Beast RBA Edition at some point, for when wanting a more mellow vape, yet for now, the TFV12 Cloud Beast has taken over as my 'go to' tank.:thumbs:

Been using the all 3 of the TFV8 tanks for a while and really enjoy them. The baby beast has just given up on me though (one of the coils cross threaded on me when screwing into the base).
I use dual SS Claptons on the big baby beast and cloud beast. They both hit the spot pretty damn good. I did have to file the base down on the big baby to stop it shorting out.
TFV12 with rba deck has just arrived in the post but I’ve not had chance to take it for a test drive yet!!

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Because I never like to review anything before it stands the test of time, and it seems there ought to be some praise for a nice beginning tank, here’s the Aspire K1

I’d give it four stars.
1. Cheap, I get them for $10
2. Durable. I’ve broken one in three years, and that was when I ran it over with a riding mower ( I am happy to say, the istick it was on suffered zero damage)
3. Coils last forever. Well not really, but I’m getting a month out of them with 75% vg and fairly gooey flavors. Available in 1.6, 1.8 and 2 ohms for about $10-12 for five
4. Does not leak. At all.
5. Good flavor, maybe not compared to more advanced tanks, but certainly better than anything I’ve tried in the simpler ones.

Cons-
1. Bottom fill, if that’s a dealbreaker for you
2. AF is two small bottom holes, not adjustable, but they work well enough.
3. Doesn’t hold a lot - I forget the specs, but just over a ml, I think.

Overall, the ease of use is a huge plus for a first tank, but I still use these as my bring along when I have to go out of the house. Completely dependable, fiddle-free.

Attachments

• 8A6EB050-16FE-4964-AA5C-A11E3CCCB7C0.jpeg
    8A6EB050-16FE-4964-AA5C-A11E3CCCB7C0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
Because I never like to review anything before it stands the test of time, and it seems there ought to be some praise for a nice beginning tank, here’s the Aspire K1

I’d give it four stars.
1. Cheap, I get them for $10
2. Durable. I’ve broken one in three years, and that was when I ran it over with a riding mower ( I am happy to say, the istick it was on suffered zero damage)
3. Coils last forever. Well not really, but I’m getting a month out of them with 75% vg and fairly gooey flavors. Available in 1.6, 1.8 and 2 ohms for about $10-12 for five
4. Does not leak. At all.
5. Good flavor, maybe not compared to more advanced tanks, but certainly better than anything I’ve tried in the simpler ones.

Cons-
1. Bottom fill, if that’s a dealbreaker for you
2. AF is two small bottom holes, not adjustable, but they work well enough.
3. Doesn’t hold a lot - I forget the specs, but just over a ml, I think.

Overall, the ease of use is a huge plus for a first tank, but I still use these as my bring along when I have to go out of the house. Completely dependable, fiddle-free.
Great post!

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
I only own three tanks. Prism S, Slipstream & Original Nautilus 5ml bottom fill. My favorite is the Nautilus with 1.8 ohm BVC coils. Great flavour, and really easy to fill. As well, since it holds 5 ml of juice, I don't have to worry about bringing extra juice to work. It's a personal preference, but I prefer the bottom fill design of the nautilus. If I have to swap a coil, I don't have to dump out my juice :)

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Yeah. I love the TFV8's RBA. It's as good as any RTA. :)

TFV8 Big Baby Beast on the way!:thumbs:

SMOK TFV8 Big Baby Tank | 24.5mm Enlarged Baby Beast

I love the service at Element Vape, shipping isn't free until $50, however the shipping is faster for those who pays over those with free (per information on their site). IMO, that's a fair policy, those who orders over $50 can take the price for those who gets smaller orders for the same speed.

What I don't like, although have seen this on another vape supply site, is the ID requirement. Oddly, both the TFV12 Cloud Beast & TFV8 BBB were ordered there, separate purchases & had to upload ID again on the same account.

Originally, I had ordered the TFV8 BBB on FastTech, was supposed to be dispatched in 48 hours, paid for the 7-10 days in transit. Checked order 3-4 days later, said would dispatch in 24 hours, so went back the next day & it said Apr 20th!:-x

Went first to Direct Vapor, since they have Free Ship on all orders & US based, they didn't have the same model, here's site if anyone is interested, my 3 pack of Vaporesso GT6 colis for the NGR tank came in today, less than 72 hours after placing order. That's fantastic service for free shipping & price was good as well ($8.95). I still love the NGR tank, would love to find a workaround for an RBA sometime.:D

DIRECTVAPOR | Shop Vaporizers, MODs, Accessories & E-Liquids

So after ordering the TFV8 BBB on Element Vape, went to FastTech & canceled order, have been refunded, also ordered a 2nd dual post RBA for the TFV12 on Direct Vapor today (for a spare & the included single post adapter) & has already shipped. Cancelled the order for that on FastTech as well (est ship Apr. 25th), their customer service is getting rather crappy to put it mildly (& in words that won't be censored by moderators). You all know what I mean, was willing to wait for the shipping time, but then keep getting put off w/out any kind of auto notify? In the US, I believe when an item isn't in stock, can't take orders, or has to clearly say 'Pre-Order' or words to that effect. One more item from them on the way, a 3 pack of Genuine SMOK resin wide bore drip tips that'll fit both the TFV12 Cloud Beast & TFV8 BBB, hopefully will arrive next week, I paid for the shipping upgrade.:)

Will soon see how the TFV8 BBB RTA plays out. I have to admit, prefer smaller tanks for the pure flavor, why for a long time, the Serpent SMM was my favorite. Now may be moved back to 4th place, just pulled my Sigelei Moonshot out last night, forgotten about until looking for another item. Have only performed one build on it, needs to be rewicked, will be ready to go. Unlike some that looks empty & has a dozen vapes left, the Moonshot produces harsh dry hits fast.:D

Will revisit as soon as the TFV8 BBB arrives & get a chance to road test!:)

Cat

Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
TFV8 Big Baby Beast on the way!:thumbs:

SMOK TFV8 Big Baby Tank | 24.5mm Enlarged Baby Beast

I love the service at Element Vape, shipping isn't free until $50, however the shipping is faster for those who pays over those with free (per information on their site). IMO, that's a fair policy, those who orders over $50 can take the price for those who gets smaller orders for the same speed.

What I don't like, although have seen this on another vape supply site, is the ID requirement. Oddly, both the TFV12 Cloud Beast & TFV8 BBB were ordered there, separate purchases & had to upload ID again on the same account.

Originally, I had ordered the TFV8 BBB on FastTech, was supposed to be dispatched in 48 hours, paid for the 7-10 days in transit. Checked order 3-4 days later, said would dispatch in 24 hours, so went back the next day & it said Apr 20th!:-x

Went first to Direct Vapor, since they have Free Ship on all orders & US based, they didn't have the same model, here's site if anyone is interested, my 3 pack of Vaporesso GT6 colis for the NGR tank came in today, less than 72 hours after placing order. That's fantastic service for free shipping & price was good as well ($8.95). I still love the NGR tank, would love to find a workaround for an RBA sometime.:D

DIRECTVAPOR | Shop Vaporizers, MODs, Accessories & E-Liquids

So after ordering the TFV8 BBB on Element Vape, went to FastTech & canceled order, have been refunded, also ordered a 2nd dual post RBA for the TFV12 on Direct Vapor today (for a spare & the included single post adapter) & has already shipped. Cancelled the order for that on FastTech as well (est ship Apr. 25th), their customer service is getting rather crappy to put it mildly (& in words that won't be censored by moderators). You all know what I mean, was willing to wait for the shipping time, but then keep getting put off w/out any kind of auto notify? In the US, I believe when an item isn't in stock, can't take orders, or has to clearly say 'Pre-Order' or words to that effect. One more item from them on the way, a 3 pack of Genuine SMOK resin wide bore drip tips that'll fit both the TFV12 Cloud Beast & TFV8 BBB, hopefully will arrive next week, I paid for the shipping upgrade.:)

Will soon see how the TFV8 BBB RTA plays out. I have to admit, prefer smaller tanks for the pure flavor, why for a long time, the Serpent SMM was my favorite. Now may be moved back to 4th place, just pulled my Sigelei Moonshot out last night, forgotten about until looking for another item. Have only performed one build on it, needs to be rewicked, will be ready to go. Unlike some that looks empty & has a dozen vapes left, the Moonshot produces harsh dry hits fast.:D

Will revisit as soon as the TFV8 BBB arrives & get a chance to road test!:)

Cat
Interested in your experience with direct vapor. I ordered a few things from them a couple weeks ago. One came in two days! Very happy with it. One showed as shipped, one showed as complete. Neither of those two had tracking info for days. Then the shipped one showed accepted at a facility, and the other only showed as complete.

So I emailed them. The complete one was out of stock. Still not showing out of stock on their site.

The shipped one sat in had never been shipped. Shipping label had been printed, then the package got misplaced and never sent out.

They said they’d expedite it. I got it six days later.

Maybe just a fluke, but that’s a lot of flukage for one order lol!

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
TFV8 BBB has been here a few days, didn't get to test until today, wow what a tank!:thumbs:

Now in the #1 pecking order, hits better than the TFV12 Cloud Beast, have to take a second draw to feel the power, maybe the first primes it. Not that was for the TFV BBB, it's ready......every time.:D

Kind of makes me wonder why I didn't go with that one first, ignored the few, yet still there, negative reviews that the tank is overrated & that the TFV8 is better. Still, the number of positives outweighed these, so took the plunge. We hit a winner on some, lose or hit the middle of the road on others, that's life.:)

Still have a Reload Kindbright version RTA to take for a spin, as well as a still 5-6 months still sealed GeekVape Ammit, I believe a single core, the ones I liked the best. Time will tell.....

Having all of these tanks means I need at least another quality mod, probably will get a Vaporesso or SMOK, because these has the 'soft, normal & high' modes at every wattage. Nice feature that all should have, IMO. My friend who turned me onto vaping told me that he wasn't impressed with SMOK, yet that's subjective. The Vaporesso Revenger is a fantastic mod (to me), may get another soon.

Interested in your experience with direct vapor.

I like the experience with Direct Vapor so far, although have made only a couple of purchases, the 3 pack of NGR coils & a 2 post BRA for the TFV12 Cloud Beast, mainly because I wanted the single coil insert, which can't be found on eBay. Shipping was very fast both times, about 3 business days, so I have to rate them as excellent customer service on what's in stock. Although I intended to purchase the TFV8 BBB there & wasn't in stock, their selection is a bit limited compared to some sites.

What I didn't like about Element Vape was having to upload my ID twice in less than two weeks, the address has been long age verified, and was a repeat customer. Next time I get that from them, will call the order in & ask why they want my ID with every purchase, can understand once. Not twice from the same business in two weeks, using the same computer that should had the previous session cookie stored.:(

Cat

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
TFV8 BBB has been here a few days, didn't get to test until today, wow what a tank!:thumbs:

Now in the #1 pecking order, hits better than the TFV12 Cloud Beast, have to take a second draw to feel the power, maybe the first primes it. Not that was for the TFV BBB, it's ready......every time.:D

Kind of makes me wonder why I didn't go with that one first, ignored the few, yet still there, negative reviews that the tank is overrated & that the TFV8 is better. Still, the number of positives outweighed these, so took the plunge. We hit a winner on some, lose or hit the middle of the road on others, that's life.:)

Still have a Reload Kindbright version RTA to take for a spin, as well as a still 5-6 months still sealed GeekVape Ammit, I believe a single core, the ones I liked the best. Time will tell.....

Having all of these tanks means I need at least another quality mod, probably will get a Vaporesso or SMOK, because these has the 'soft, normal & high' modes at every wattage. Nice feature that all should have, IMO. My friend who turned me onto vaping told me that he wasn't impressed with SMOK, yet that's subjective. The Vaporesso Revenger is a fantastic mod (to me), may get another soon.

I like the experience with Direct Vapor so far, although have made only a couple of purchases, the 3 pack of NGR coils & a 2 post BRA for the TFV12 Cloud Beast, mainly because I wanted the single coil insert, which can't be found on eBay. Shipping was very fast both times, about 3 business days, so I have to rate them as excellent customer service on what's in stock. Although I intended to purchase the TFV8 BBB there & wasn't in stock, their selection is a bit limited compared to some sites.

What I didn't like about Element Vape was having to upload my ID twice in less than two weeks, the address has been long age verified, and was a repeat customer. Next time I get that from them, will call the order in & ask why they want my ID with every purchase, can understand once. Not twice from the same business in two weeks, using the same computer that should had the previous session cookie stored.:(

Cat
That’s odd. Element vape never asked for mine. Central vapers did though.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Central vapers did though.

Yeah, they got me too!:D

Yet not on their eBay site, although they don't carry any nicotine juices there, got my first bottle of VG & some caps that looks like that of a mustard bottle, fits most commonly used VG/PG ones. Ordered the flavoring on their site they didn't have on eBay & was flagged for an ID.:(

Didn't take long to get a mod after last post, the successor to the Revenger X.:thumbs:

Switcher 220W Kit With NRG Tank - Vaporesso I Vape Hardware I Breazy.com

Chose the more expensive by $5 Red/Blue LED, since shipping was free. Although normally, I'll turn off the OLED stuff, eats into battery life bad.:(

Well, I'll have at least one more mode to use for my extensive collection of tanks & BTW, this one comes with the same NRG tank that I already have, will likely store that one until a RBA is produced for it.

Cat

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Yeah, they got me too!:D

Yet not on their eBay site, although they don't carry any nicotine juices there, got my first bottle of VG & some caps that looks like that of a mustard bottle, fits most commonly used VG/PG ones. Ordered the flavoring on their site they didn't have on eBay & was flagged for an ID.:(

Didn't take long to get a mod after last post, the successor to the Revenger X.:thumbs:

Switcher 220W Kit With NRG Tank - Vaporesso I Vape Hardware I Breazy.com

Chose the more expensive by $5 Red/Blue LED, since shipping was free. Although normally, I'll turn off the OLED stuff, eats into battery life bad.:(

Well, I'll have at least one more mode to use for my extensive collection of tanks & BTW, this one comes with the same NRG tank that I already have, will likely store that one until a RBA is produced for it.

Cat

Oh that looks nice! I just got my revenger x today. Love it. Surprised how small it is! ( which is a good thing)

Got the revenger mini too, the one with the flame led. I played with it all day . Battery held up really well, didn’t seem like the lights bothered it one bit.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I just got my revenger x today. Love it. Surprised how small it is! ( which is a good thing)

Yes, the Revenger X is a fantastic mod (vaping on mine now) & my 1st touchscreen type. That's likely going to be the trend, a year or so back, a friend & I were wondering when one would appear that's affordable to the masses. We now have it!:)

Hopefully the kit I ordered from Breazy will be as good, if not better, was touted as the successor on some sites & I took the one with the lowest price. Plus already being a longtime Breazy customer, they knew I was of age & didn't ask for an ID to complete purchase.:D

You'll enjoy the Revenger X, just one minor glitch. Some Sony 18650 batteries (such as the VTC5A) will make the door feel a bit loose. When I swapped to brown LG2 batteries of the same type used in another mod, perfect fit & no door wiggle. These weren't fake Sony batteries, came from Battery Junction in original boxes, I got them through a friend who turned me onto vaping well over 4 years ago. Normally, I get batteries from a eBay seller (genuine cells), he's the most legit on the site, I ordered two sets of the Sony VTC6, will use those as my LG HE4's begins to show wear.

I love the quality of Vaporesso & why I chose the Switcher 220W kit, compared to the price for the mod alone on one site, it was like buying the mod & getting the NRG tank for free.:)

You'll love the Revenger X too, the more you use it. I wasn't used to touch mods (or anything for that matter), so took me a couple of days to feel at home. That mod was won in a contest here sponsored by vaping.com, hasn't disappointed in the least, no matter which tank is installed.

Need to get around to the Reload RTA build, have heard that the Kindbright version is the best, although note that this one is a clone & gifted to me (I no longer buy clones) by the same friend who got me off of the analogs. Once I build it, will post the results here.:)

Cat

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Yes, the Revenger X is a fantastic mod (vaping on mine now) & my 1st touchscreen type. That's likely going to be the trend, a year or so back, a friend & I were wondering when one would appear that's affordable to the masses. We now have it!:)

Hopefully the kit I ordered from Breazy will be as good, if not better, was touted as the successor on some sites & I took the one with the lowest price. Plus already being a longtime Breazy customer, they knew I was of age & didn't ask for an ID to complete purchase.:D

You'll enjoy the Revenger X, just one minor glitch. Some Sony 18650 batteries (such as the VTC5A) will make the door feel a bit loose. When I swapped to brown LG2 batteries of the same type used in another mod, perfect fit & no door wiggle. These weren't fake Sony batteries, came from Battery Junction in original boxes, I got them through a friend who turned me onto vaping well over 4 years ago. Normally, I get batteries from a eBay seller (genuine cells), he's the most legit on the site, I ordered two sets of the Sony VTC6, will use those as my LG HE4's begins to show wear.

I love the quality of Vaporesso & why I chose the Switcher 220W kit, compared to the price for the mod alone on one site, it was like buying the mod & getting the NRG tank for free.:)

You'll love the Revenger X too, the more you use it. I wasn't used to touch mods (or anything for that matter), so took me a couple of days to feel at home. That mod was won in a contest here sponsored by vaping.com, hasn't disappointed in the least, no matter which tank is installed.

Need to get around to the Reload RTA build, have heard that the Kindbright version is the best, although note that this one is a clone & gifted to me (I no longer buy clones) by the same friend who got me off of the analogs. Once I build it, will post the results here.:)

Cat
The only thing about the X is it’s hard to see the touch screen in daylight. Lucky for me, in Ohio sunlight is not all that common.

I love that the screen locks so it’s not adjusting itself. I put Samsung batteries in it and they fit fine. Thanks for the info on that, I wouldn’t have known otherwise.

Still getting used to the tank. I have a .16ohm g8 (!?!) in it and I’ve never used anything less than .4. So it needs a bit of dialing in.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Speaking of the Revenger X, the NRG Tank was the first ever of which I could vape at over 32.5W and not be harsh. Now am vaping at or near twice that & with these NRG coils, smooth as silk. There's said to be a Vaporesso tank that'll do 200W, what I don't know, although it's larger in capacity (7ml), is if it's older or newer than what shipped with the Revenger X kit.

Vaporesso Cascade Sub-Ohm Tank | Vape Tanks

Since the Revenger X wasn't exactly a new model by the time I got it, superseded by the Switcher 220W mentioned above, makes me wonder about the tank as well. Will have to do some research, there was a discussion 4-5 months back about the 200W capable tank.

Vaporesso Cascade 200 watt sub-ohm tank

Only thing being, that tank is going to guzzle juice beginning at less than half of 200W, would to have to learn more about DIY juice making to afford to feed that beast!:D

Cat

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread