FDA 30 day deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
Every day I scour Google News for new news articles about anything related to restricting e-cigarettes and I have probably read well over 300 articles in the past month... On a few articles (probably only 3 or so) they have spoken about a 30-day deadline for the FDA... But I cannot find any information on when that started and when it ends, if in fact it actually even exists. Does anyone have any information about this?

for example:
With the CDC no closer to identifying a sole culprit (or even culprits) behind the epidemic, and with the 30-day deadline for the FDA’s revision of its guidelines removing flavored e-cigarettes from the market rapidly approaching, here’s what we know so far about the three different tracks of the vaping health crisis, and what public health officials are doing to try to slow the trains down.
There’s Not Just One Vape Crisis — There’s Three

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
Is that the Trump ordered flavor ban? I had to tune out of the media lately, it’s all just nuts.
Your guess is as good as mine... the articles do not say... Trump said he wanted a ban on the 11th of September, so that has been more than 30-days, and I do not recall him giving a deadline... I dunno...

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
Your guess is as good as mine... the articles do not say... Trump said he wanted a ban on the 11th of September, so that has been more than 30-days, and I do not recall him giving a deadline... I dunno...

Really stinks there’s so many bans you can’t keep track of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
This entire sequence of events has been idiotic. If kids who are underage decide to put something dangerous in their illegally obtained alcoholic drink, do we ban all alcoholic drinks as a result? The issue here is misuse of a beneficial product in a way that was never intended.

Teenagers will eventually discover ways to experiment.

Last edited:

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
This entire sequence of events has been idiotic. If kids who are underage decide to put something dangerous in their illegally obtained alcoholic drink, do we ban all alcoholic drinks as a result? The issue here is misuse of a beneficial product that was misused in a way that was never intended.

Kids were eating Tide Pods and anyone can still buy them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
This entire sequence of events has been idiotic. If kids who are underage decide to put something dangerous in their illegally obtained alcoholic drink, do we ban all alcoholic drinks as a result? The issue here is misuse of a beneficial product in a way that was never intended.
Yeah, and "the issue" is persecution of minorities (smokers, vapers) and vilification of legal-nic users.

Since we're a minority, the majority isn't impacted. Thus, they just don't care. Whereas with alcohol, it's the reverse, even though many people don't drink much if at all, they want to reserve the right to. So...prohibition of alcohol bothers them. Tide pods too.

But nic? Nic is bad, villain, addicting. So yeah.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Since we're a minority, the majority isn't impacted. Thus, they just don't care. Whereas with alcohol, it's the reverse, even though many people don't drink much if at all, they want to reserve the right to. So...prohibition of alcohol bothers them. Tide pods too.
Worse yet, a substantial fraction of the population consists of former smokers who quit using some means other than vaping. I don't recall the source, but supposedly there are more former smokers living today than there are current smokers. A goodly number of those former smokers are downright resentful of vapers. They seem to think we're "cheating" somehow.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
A number of threads here mentioned that Trump was scheduled to make an announcement regarding FDA flavor ban on 10/11, but it never happened, as far as I know. I looked all over for it in the news. I asked about it in the Deeming thread, but no answers. Haven't seen or heard anything.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
A number of threads here mentioned that Trump was scheduled to make an announcement regarding FDA flavor ban on 10/11, but it never happened, as far as I know. I looked all over for it in the news. I asked about it in the Deeming thread, but no answers. Haven't seen or heard anything.
Yeah, someone had received an email from CASAA (for Louisiana members only) that told them that, but I heard nothing after that.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Every day I scour Google News for new news articles about anything related to restricting e-cigarettes and I have probably read well over 300 articles in the past month... On a few articles (probably only 3 or so) they have spoken about a 30-day deadline for the FDA... But I cannot find any information on when that started and when it ends, if in fact it actually even exists. Does anyone have any information about this?

for example:
There’s Not Just One Vape Crisis — There’s Three

I can't speak for the WH or the FDA.

But what I perceived the 9/11 statements of the President to mean was he was giving the FDA a 30 Day time frame to Propose a New Rule.

Then, if the FDA follows the Administrative Procedures Act they would follow the Path in the graphic below...

rulemaking20process.jpg

Now... that Isn't to say this is what is Going to Happen.

Because we could see some FDA Pulling of a Rabbit Out of a Hat with the CDC declaring a "Public Health Emergency" or something. Or the FDA issuing a "Emergency Stop Order".

Just hard to say When we might see Flavors Banned by the FDA.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

I think Trump May be a little preoccupied by Congress, Ukraine, and now Syria and Turkey to keep flavors on his To Do list.

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
I know I’m beating the dead horse here but Massachusetts’ statewide total ban has me far more freaked out as I know WA would do the same - I’m not sure how it hasn’t happened yet.

Azar is the one I keep my eyes on. Vape ban is the last thing on POTUS’ mind right now.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think Trump May be a little preoccupied by Congress, Ukraine, and now Syria and Turkey to keep flavors on his To Do list.

You can Add to your list getting Stephen M. Hahn confirmed as the Permanent FDA Commissionaire.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I heard as I was walking out the door this morning that a Judge is going to issue a ruling on one of the lawsuits filed against one of the state bans today. Unfortunately I didn't hear which state clearly. It was on Fox and Friends this morning if anyones google foo is better than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread