Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    they already banned caliburn?
    Isn't it fairly obvious that the Caliburn was introduced to the market after 8/8/2016, meaning it was never supposed to be sold without going through the PMTA process first?

Of course the same is true of numerous other devices, but the bureaucrats have to start somewhere...

Reactions: stols001

Wyrdreams

May 12, 2020
    Indiana
    That's a very long read. Does it prohibit internet sales of nicotine juice and vaping accessories?

No. FDA will determine which vape products can be sold and any retailer will have to abide by those regulations. Vape juices will have to be tested so many vape juices may disappear, esp if they are mixing or small companies. Every juice has to be tested even if from the same company.

Some mods, tanks, pods, coils may disappear if FDA says so. So..we at least know that's Jule, lol.

Wyrdreams

May 12, 2020
    Indiana
    So, Indiana pretty much. When I moved to IN 4 years ago we only had 6 vape companies approved, no out of state liquids, no diy, no online ordering. If you were caught you could be arrested. It's got a little better. DIY ok, out state liquids ok, vape juice expanded to 40ish, but still no online ordering. I cried when I found this out. Louisiana was sooo lax.

I actually think this is more lax than IN. At least online ordering is still ok. Indiana has conditioned me to just surrender lol.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I'm not even confused anymore. I read and re-read that document 3 or 4 times before I just said to myself, 'F it'. I have plenty of all I need to last a long while, so I just don't care anymore what the suits want to do about this 'vapin thing'.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    I'm confused. What is the cutoff date for Deeming Regulations - PMTA required? Is it 2007, 2010, or 2016?

Thanks in advance.

As convoluted as FDA regulations are, its not surprising for someone to be confused. All products on the market before February of 2007 are not subject to PMTA requirements, but since nothing we use today was on the market back then, that doesn't mean much to us.

As of August 8, 2016, the FDA basically froze the market by requiring that all new products have an approved PMTA before being sold. Of course, manufacturers continued to introduce new products without FDA approval, and there was little to no enforcement.

Starting September 9th of this year, a PMTA will be required for all products.

thanswr1

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2017
    My best guess tells me big companies like Beard or Aspire aren't going to disappear from the market. It is the "Mom & Pop's" that will be hurt. Not that there are many left in my area.

Like the gentleman upthread, I have enough stuff to last a few years. And that's without making my own. I have about 50 boxes of Aspire Nautilus coils along with about the same number of 120 ML bottles of my favorite juice.

I'm good for awhile.

It is going to be interesting to see how all this is going to play out. Probably a lot of consolidation.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I have about 50 boxes of Aspire Nautilus coils along with about the same number of 120 ML bottles of my favorite juice.
    How long will that last you?

Fifty 120ml bottles of finished juice would last me about four years. I hope to live considerably longer than that. :blink:

thanswr1

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2017
    How long will that last you?

Fifty 120ml bottles of finished juice would last me about four years. I hope to live considerably longer than that. :blink:
    Both would last me about 4 years too. I diy many vape juices. I'm starting to get into rta's with mixed success.

Nicotine is not an issue for me.

I figure 4 years from now, I will either be dead or the "head on fire and your ... is catching" stupidity over vaping will have moved on. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread