FDA on FaceBook

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvroman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Texas
No it wont. Their minds are made up as well as the politicians in Congress that back them. They want to tap as many tax revenue streams as possible and this is the first step towards that. All we can do is push for them to not over regulate which probably won't work either since they over regulate everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
No it wont. Their minds are made up as well as the politicians in Congress that back them. They want to tap as many tax revenue streams as possible and this is the first step towards that. All we can do is push for them to not over regulate which probably won't work either since they over regulate everything.

well, tell them that.

Burn_notice_fan_NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ithaca, NY, USA
I don't think writing a single thing negative on their FaceBook will accomplish anything. You could use this platform to inform others regarding studies, but complaining about the regulations on there seems a tad low for us vapers as a group. Keep in mind the FDA isn't all evil.

I'm almost in the mood to create a meme stating: 3000 likes and FDA will not ban e-cigs. I bet it would go viral quickly!

Last edited:

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I would like to invite you all to visit the FDA on FaceBook. They have a couple posting regarding e-cig regulation. Good place to left off a little steam. Just about every comment is negative toward their proposal. If thousands of us were to comment it might get their attention.
Great idea! I just looked at the FDA facebook page. I do hope/wish that everyone can comment to the FDA proposal as well. Regulations.gov

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Gave them my :2c: Now I'm broke, but feel much better :)

I will continue to hammer on them that in my opinion they are way out of line and only in it for the Taxes until the bitter end. Then I will tell them where to kiss as they will never see a Dime in Tax revenue on this from me.

* Do they even realize the cig-a-like is only a speed bump on the road leading away from smoking? *

I think perhaps they do and want to make sure all cig-a-like sales are in the hands of BT and taxed accordingly. Win/Win for BT/FDA corruption.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville

I agree with this. They have an agenda and come hell or highwater they will do what they want. I am sure their minds are made up already as most all of them are bought and paid for. Naw all of them are bought and paid for.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Hey John, I understand that most of us are very upset by all of this. But, CASAA has requested that we refrain from contacting FDA until they have a little more time to go over the proposal. They think that it would be better to have a well thought out response as a group than to have individual comments going in every direction. It makes alot of sense to do things the way that they are requesting although I also know that everyone is free to do as they wish.

This subject is likely the most important one that we will ever face as vapers and it makes sense to me to follow the guidelines from CASAA ;) JMHO

http://blog.casaa.org/2014/04/casaa-assessment-of-fda-deeming.html

We expect to provide further analysis on Monday, April 28th, 2014. In the next week or two, we will issue a Call to Action detailing how the proposed regulations affect consumers along with suggested actions so that consumers can respond most effectively. Please remember that a comment to the FDA regulations made on Day 1 is given no more weight than a comment made on Day 75. We urge the vaping community and others interested in opposing regulation that discourages tobacco harm reduction to await further analysis before acting. There is no benefit in acting or opining precipitously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread