RDA fear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Heaton

Jan 5, 2015
Johnstown, PA
Ok so I have a panzer 609 with a purple effect batt that "says" its 2500 mah, 3.7v and 35a. I have heard a lot about how this isn't true. I just did a build that reads in at .23Ω. that wouldn't be safe if this battery is only 10amps. So what I'm wondering is how would I know if my batt is melting down, like is there something i can look for, so i can maybe throw is or something?

Thanks Matt

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Ok so I have a panzer 609 with a purple effect batt that "says" its 2500 mah, 3.7v and 35a. I have heard a lot about how this isn't true. I just did a build that reads in at .23Ω. that wouldn't be safe if this battery is only 10amps. So what I'm wondering is how would I know if my batt is melting down, like is there something i can look for, so i can maybe throw is or something?

Thanks Matt

Are you looking for your 15 secs of fame as "that guy"? If you have to ask that kind of question one has to wonder...

Matt Heaton

Jan 5, 2015
Johnstown, PA
Are you looking for your 15 secs of fame as "that guy"? If you have to ask that kind of question one has to wonder...

No if my battery is 35 amps like it says it is then there would be no problem, I only ask because of the stuff I have heard about the batt not being 35 amps I have heard it is only 10. I would rather it not blow but thats why I ask incase it would.

Onelist140

Oct 26, 2014
Arizona
A hot rda is normal due to the heat of the coils, especially if you've been chain-vaping. Just take a breath and let it cool down. A hot mod near the top cap where the rda is can be normal as well just from the heat from the rda (conduction? someone correct me), but by that time it should be pretty uncomfy to hit unless you got asbestos lips. A hot battery or fire-switch is never good (as in arcing or venting). My suggestions? Do some research on some safer batteries (my mxjo 's say 35a as well, but likely that means 35a pulse/20a continuous). You could just take the plunge into regulated boxes. I know they aren't as pretty, but they come with a slew safety features (in most cases) and you can build a whole range of funky sub-ohm coils and blow clouds by adjusting the wattage (just keep an eye on the voltage output). There's a ton to choose from based on your needs. eciggity.com is a popular choice for browsing, vaporrange.com is another. Or just hit up your local B&M and ask for some suggestions.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
You're at 18.3 amps, which is at the upper end of your battery's continuous current rating (20 A). Going that low I would prefer to have a bit more of a safety margin; the Sony VTC5 is a great battery with a 30 A continuous rating.

I'd stay above 0.3 ohms with a 20 A battery; this will pull 14 A when fully charged, which give a comfortable margin of safety -- something that I consider to be very important in a device that is used inches from your face and eyes. Also, be certain you have an accurate means of measuring resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread