Fed Up With Gurgles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I'm fed up with tanks and gurgling cartos.
I have several different tanks that I use on my Provari and I've been trying different size holes on my cartos,
but they all lead to the same thing. I use the carto for 3 drags and then it's as if the boiling heated liquid starts
bubbling too much and the carto seems to flood and gurgle. it's very annoying and I don't know what's causing this.
I'm using 2.5 ohm smoktech dual coil cartos and the holes that I'm punching is just a little bigger than a millimeter in diameter.

Any advice would be appreciated.

nitrojuga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
GA USA
I hate dual coils. But I still have a few so I decided to use them. Had the same problem as you, when I punched two holes in the carto I got a horrible gurgle. Trick is to just punch one hole, and not a very big hole at that. I always have punched two holes in my boge cartomizers and never gotten a gurgle. I guess the polyfil is just not as dense in the dual coils.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I use the mom and pop sub tank and the smoktek DC tank and they work great. As far as the holes go, I use a saddle valve. I turn it until I hear a pop. I may turn it another half a turn which makes a tiny hole. That works perfect for me. I use a variety of PG/VG ratios and haven't had an issue. I did get flooding like you have when I first tried punching holes, b/c I'de make the holes to big. They only need to be tiny.

VaperEd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Disney Land
I use the smoke tech DC prepunched tank replacement cartos from MV on my lavatube and my ego mega and I do not have any problems. I was a little worried about the hole being so small but they work good for me. I get a little pop now and then but no gurgleing. I use 1.5 ,2.0 an 2.5 ohm. I am waiting on some 3.0 ohm now.

mikebabs

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
new jersey
Im using a saddle valve I purchased at home depot for about 7 bucks..I punch 2 holes, one on each side of dual coil cartos right above the inner 'O' ring on a dct map tank. Turn the saddle valve just until you hear it "pop" and then just a little further. Too much and you go right through the atty, then its ruined.
I use VG juice....So far this technique is working great...no more flooding cartos.....

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I'm getting hot juice sputtering into my mouth, a different draw, a quarter of the vapor production as normal, and NO leaking (which I've had many problems with in the past). I'm using a Smoktech 1.7ohm single coil carto in a sub tank from Mom & Pop.

If I stick a paperclip down the middle of the carto and jiggle it around a bit I get a good, normal puff for about 2 hauls and then back to the same.

Please Help!!

dysfoundation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
I was having the same problem and realized it may be a few things
-either to much air draw which can be fixed by replacing o rings or when you fill your tank up blow out SOME liquid in the carto then fill the tank and resist all urges to puff until the tank is fully sealed
-The connection has some fluid which is a easy fix
-lastly the juice is to thin compared to the size/amount of holes you have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread