Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mistake. You're correct, you didnt request more money. What you did was try to refund the duplicate payment minus the fee. As I said before paypal doesnt charge sellers fees for refunded orders.

But you stated several times the seller requested more money. You even stated this is the reason why you broke the agreement. According to the seller, $110 was the agreed price – you sent $110, if you did not agree to that price why did you send the funds?

I have never dealt with a PP refund so no personal experience. But quick Google displays as of May 2019…

Anyone selling goods via PayPal pays 2.9% commission on the sale, which will no longer be returned when giving a full or partial refund.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mistake. You're correct, you didnt request more money. What you did was try to refund the duplicate payment minus the fee. As I said before paypal doesnt charge sellers fees for refunded orders.

I Don't really want to get in the Middle of All This.

But what is the Amount of the Fee that seems to be the Cause of all this Kerfuffle?

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have great respect for both parties here in what seems a catastrophic series of misunderstandings.

Given that it was referred to adjudication, I'm not sure however that here was the best place to discuss it.

May you both get an outcome that satisfies you and best wishes to all.

purelyscientific

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
NewYork
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have never dealt with a PP refund so no personal experience. But quick Google displays as of May 2019…

Anyone selling goods via PayPal pays 2.9% commission on the sale, which will no longer be returned when giving a full or partial refund.

This is correct only for purchases which are simply refunded. However, if a dispute case is filed, and a claim is made for whatever reason such as in this case - item not received/duplicate payment - then the seller is provided with the option to refund via the resolution center. If done this way no fee is charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread