*Feedback on madvapes topvapor*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. SandMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada
So I ordered about 33 juices from madvapes(all topvapor, for the exception of the hangsen) about a week ago(still waiting for order), and was wondering if anybody had feedback on some of the juices I have ordered.

Irish Mintz
Select Size and Strength: 10 ml 24mg
Cotton Candy
Cherry Limeade
Select Size and Strength: 5ml 24mg
Cherry Cola
Cherry
Candy Apple
Kona Cream
Cookies and Cream
Select Size and Strength: 30 ml 24mg
Butter Rum
Root Beer
Green Apple
Very Berry tobacco
Wintergreen
Triple Zest
Bavarian Cream
Red Velvet Cake
Mojito
Cinnibiscus
Black Raspberry Champagne
Select Size and Strength: 50 ml 24mg
Grandpa's Mix
Kick-Azz Caramel
Strawberry
Cherry tobacco
Caramel Tobacco
Melon Explosion
Sticky Toffee Pudding
Mad Grapes
Raspberry Truffle
Lemon-Blueberry Cotton Candy
Watermelon
Lemon
Hangsen RY4
Black Licorice

I am a bit worried that the 24mg nic level might be too high, at the time of purchase I didn't think it would be a problem(I was a pretty heavy smoker), but after reading/watching the reviews of some of the topvapor line, some have said that the flavor is lost in some juices if you go with the high nic level.

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Black licorice was one of my favorites for a couple of months. I still have a few ml and drip it as a treat once and a while

RootBeer - madvapes has the best rootbeer flavor <period>. I've tried them all.

Caramel tobacco - I'd vape that any day. It kills my cartos pretty fast so it's an atty only juice for me

Wintergreen - I've tried that one three or four times. It never seems to have enough wintergreen. I like their spearmint a lot more.

Mojito is pretty good. It has the bubbles like the soda flavors. I don't have better words for it.

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
WOW that's a big order......

First, let them steep. The smaller the bottle the less steeping time, but some juices won't taste right right out of the mailbox. Give smaller bottles a day or two of steeping and shaking up here and there, and bigger bottles at least a week.....

I like Irish Mintz. To me it's a buttery mint and a good flavor. LOVED rootbeer tho I am all rootbeer'ed out on it now tho. But I went through probably 50 mls of it, maybe more? It's a great rootbeer barrel flavored juice. I also like mad grapes a lot and am currently using that one in one of my tanks. It has a nice after tang to it.

Mr. SandMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Most are 5ml, so I will probably be trying those first. I will defiintley let them steep, but I will need to use some out of the mailbox, almost bone dry of the crappy eliquid(deal extreme liquid, really not that great, but I wouldn't expect anything else for how cheap it is, literally an online dollar store based in china) I have been vaping. I am basically taking the next step in vaping. I have been vaping crappy eliquid with my two 510 150mah batteries(very beat up), and atties that have seen better days. So I ordered a bunch of vv ego's, with 40 someodd different cartos(vision, cleromizers, DCT's, and a bunch of other ones) from health cabin. Should be getting the order tommorow, while getting the madvapes order on friday. First time purchasing juice from any decent rated vedor, so I am pretty excited. I was basically tired of having a rundown set up so I decided to go all out, hence why it's such a big order.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
MadVapes does have some decent juice. 24mg, I think, is what most refer to as "Regular" and 18mg or so as "Lights". I think it really boils down to your use and how heavy you vape. I was over 1-1/2 PAD smoker of Marl Lights and I usually vape heavy during short periods. 24mg made me feel weird. If you spread it out I'm sure you'll be fine.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
Root Beer is great it is my all day vape but it does gunk up cartos after a week or so so just be aware you will need to keep extra cartos or clean them a lot

Yeah, I had the same experience with the Root Beer(though I did like the flavor), and some of the other darker Top Vapor flavors like the Nutty Caramel and Hawaiian Delight. I'm partial to the Hawaiian Delight which I've ordered several times. Taste great by itself but I absolutely love it mixed it at about 25% with Dekang Dark Tobacco(DK-Tab). I liked the Very Berry also, both by itself and mixed with a bit of tobacco or cigar flavor. Back when I ordered it they didn't have the Very Berry Tobacco selection but I'm guessing it's similar to what I concocted on my own.

Sandman, I've tried only a handful of the ones on your list(Cherry Cola, Root Beer, Mojito, Cinnibiscus, Kick-Azz Caramel). I liked the Cherry Cola, the Root Beer and the Kick Azz Caramel(which I mixed with other stuff a lot also). I wasn't too crazy about the Mojito or Cinnibiscus personally. I've tried a number of other Top Vapor flavors not on your list. Overall I've probably ended up liking about half of them, maybe more. I'm kind of intrigued by their coconut chocolate almond bar and will probably give it a try on my next order.

Mr. SandMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Just got my order, tried rasberry champagne, the one I was looking forward to most, and I am severely disapointed. Tastes like burnt perfume. Perfume by itself doesn't taste good, but add the burnt to it, and yeah...very disapointed(Also, it barely produces any vapor). I am hoping that it is the fact that I vaped it right out of the mailbox, and that it needs time to steep(was the large 50ml bottle). I also tried triple zest, and that was at least vapable. Taste again was a bit off, but I can least vape this one, tastes like lime-lemon-grapfruit citrus. Not really my cup of tea, but it was ok. I will be letting all of it steep for a good week before I try any other flavors.

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Yeah, prob just needs some steeping. Especially a 50 ml. Needs a week and a half, maybe 2. If you have any juices that taste/smell like perfume, for those I let them sit with the cap off a night or 2, maybe longer for a 50 ml one, until that smell is not so strong. I also shake my juice up here and there too....

Mr. SandMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Yeah, prob just needs some steeping. Especially a 50 ml. Needs a week and a half, maybe 2. If you have any juices that taste/smell like perfume, for those I let them sit with the cap off a night or 2, maybe longer for a 50 ml one, until that smell is not so strong. I also shake my juice up here and there too....

When I let them steep, should I sperate them? I have them all lined up in a wicker basket at the moment, but not sure if I should put some distance between all the flavors. When I put my nose close to the basket I can smell a mixture of all the flavors. The rasberyy champagne I put by itself on top of a shelf without it's cap, gonna leave it there for about a week. I did try watermelon, and that was pretty good. I also like the kick azz caramel, although it tasted off(but it's a 30ml, so probably needs steeping). The best flavor I have ever vaped though by far, was the green apple. I only ordered a 5ml of it(I am actually mad about that), but it taste bloody welll amazing! Like I am taking a bite out of an apple.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
Sorry to hear it started out badly for you but it does sound like it's looking up though and maybe not a complete loss. Like I said earlier, they were hit and miss with me as well, with about half of them ending up being pretty good to very good. Tastes vary a lot though, which I learned the hard way. I picked my flavors based in large part on the reviews as well as what sounded appealing to me. There wasn't much correlation between the ones folks raved about in the reviews and the ones I ended up liking.

I don't seem to recall any of the Top Vapor flavors I tried needing a lot of steeping but then it may vary from flavor to flavor, and also on how recently yours were mixed vs. mine. I've never heard of needing to physically separate flavors while steeping them but I'm certainly no expert on the topic. I do pretty much the same thing you do, with a bunch of flavors right next to each other so if this is a bad idea I'd certainly like to know also.

When you do finally try the Very Berry tobacco I'd like to know what you think of it.

Mr. SandMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Yeah, it seems the reviews don't count much for anything. Factor in the possibility of having a bad batch, the mixing date, different nic levels, and that People in general just have different tastes, then the reviews become useless.

All is not lost though. I have tried about 8 flavors out of the madvapes order(out of 33), and so far I really only hate one of them(rasberry champagne, I can't stress enough how bad that was). I love green apple, best flavor I have ever tried(so far). Sticky toffee pudding, watermelon, and kick azz caramel are also quite nice, almost on the mark. Cotton candy kind of threw me off, taste a bit like it, but more of like a generic sugar flavor, not bad by any means, but not the best. Same goes for tiple zest, kind of off tasting, a bit like lemon pledge, but it is vapable, might be just my personal preference. Cherry tobacco was a bit disapointing, another 30ml I ordered and it doesn't really taste like cherry at all. The tobacco is there, but I can barely taste the cherry. I was looking forward to this one too, I might just end up mixing my 5ml of cherry into the cherry tobacco, just to give it some extra zing. I am actually quite happy with the results so far. I will give very berry tobacco a go after a couple of others I wanted to try, will let you know.

EDIT - Just tried Irish mintz, very nice flavor. Definitly taste like a creamy candy mint, with a hint of menthol.

Last edited:

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Hiya again. I tried a raspberry one once, I think it was raspberry chocolate truffle or something like that from them, didn't care for it. But I don't like any of their flavors with chocolate in them. No, you don't have to separate them, they can be next to each other. I wouldn't leave the cap off of the bottle for a full week tho. Just a few overnights. Also, with the cap on, shake them up here and there for about 30 seconds each. I HAVE noticed a taste difference between steeped and unsteeped. You can try something right away if you like and sometimes a juice will be great right out of the mailbox, but if it isn't, you should try steeping it for awhile. Just awhile ago I vaped some mad grapes and it was too soon and I wasn't happy with it, wasn't the mad grapes I remembered. Let it steep and now it is much better and more flavorful. I got a lower mg in the mad grapes this time than before and I think the higher mg is better, but it's still good at the lower one too. It just needed to steep. Glad you like the Irish Mintz, my aunt and I are both a fan. Very yummy. I haven't tried green apple yet and I love a good apple vape so that's one I want to try in the future. The reviews on the site help too. Lots of reviews on there and I have found some fav juices on there by mostly buying juice in the higher star range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread