Fell off the wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
For the past 7 days I've been in Mexico hanging around at a resort in playacar de carmen. There was A LOT of drinking involved. I'm talking about often starting before noon and not stopping until midnight or one in the morning. Before I left on this trip I knew that I would probably end up smoking a cigarette here and there. I was ok with that. But I ended up smoking cigarettes almost exclusively.

I brought a whole bunch of vaping equipment. A provari, two ego's, 4 boxes of cartomizers, tanks, tools, etc... The first day I was doing a mix of vaping and cigarettes. The cigarettes were ok until I had about 5 of them within a span of 2 hours. Then I could feel it. It would start to make me feel sick. A really heavy lung type of feeling. So i would switch to vaping until I felt better. And after a few more drinks, I would go back to the cigs. This went on for 2.5 to 3 days, and I didn't touch my vaping equipment again.

I figured I could just switch back to vaping immediately after I left mexico, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Then I realized my problem. When i started vaping, I transitioned slowly into it. I started with 20 cigarettes a day, then it was 10, then it was 5, etc... The whole process to zero took a good month or maybe a month and a half.

One week ago I had no problem avoiding cigarettes. Didn't even cross my mind to smoke one. Now I seemed to have redeveloped the mental addiction. And what I thought was going to take a day to fix, might take slightly longer. Hopefully it won't take a month. I've noticed my smokers cough is back in the mornings, and even on the plane ride home, I was one of those jerks that was going though coughing fits that no amount of water could seem to cure.

I guess the good thing is that I'm ready to quit again. Wish me luck..

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
You said you are ready to quit again so that's more than half the battle right there. It's easy to fall off the wagon while in Playa Del Carmen with all the parting going on. I was there in November and did the same thing and smoked two packs within a week and felt like crap. Once I got off the plane the party was over and immediately went back to vaping. Yes, it was hard but once you get your mind set to just vape you will be fine! You did it once and you will do it again!

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA
I'm surprised that after vaping a cigarette even tasted or felt good. After only a couple of weeks, I had a smoke, it tasted like poison and made me a little sick to the stomach.. I put it out 1/3 of the way thru it and went back to my delicious licorice blend :) I was HOOKED on analogs for 30+ years, but after vaping two weeks I gave them up entirely. I'm glad I had that one, because for the first time ever, I got the polar opposite of satisfaction from it. I had quit for 3 years once, but going back was instant satisfaction.. so my conclusion is that vaping gives me what I need equally to analogs, but delivers 10x more flavor and 1000x more flavor options :)

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I'm surprised that after vaping a cigarette even tasted or felt good. After only a couple of weeks, I had a smoke, it tasted like poison and made me a little sick to the stomach.. I put it out 1/3 of the way thru it and went back to my delicious licorice blend :) I was HOOKED on analogs for 30+ years, but after vaping two weeks I gave them up entirely. I'm glad I had that one, because for the first time ever, I got the polar opposite of satisfaction from it. I had quit for 3 years once, but going back was instant satisfaction.. so my conclusion is that vaping gives me what I need equally to analogs, but delivers 10x more flavor and 1000x more flavor options :)

I know exactly what you mean. When I first got to mexico the cigarettes tasted pretty bad. But you notice it less when your drunk, and after two days of regular smoking my taste buds had died off to the point where the cigarette actually tasted good in the morning when I was sober. It happens a lot quicker than I thought.

Anyway, I have the provari out again topped with my phiniac tank. I still have a pack of cigarettes going too. I have no doubt that I can transition back. But It isn't going to happen overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread