Few ideas for cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miogi

May 28, 2009
toronto, CA
Ok so like the rest I'm tired of slow wicking and having to top up all the time. Tried a few of the mods such as the straw and etc. They work, but still have the same problem. So i thought.. what's the issue at stake. It's the slow wicking of the filler. And gravity.

So i have 2 ideas for this. Haven't tried them yet, but going to soon.

#1 Dropper mod-
Basically i use food coloring bottles for a dropper DIY. I noticed that when i top up and there's some liquid left on the top resevoir. After I'm done topping it slowly seeps back into the bottle. I wondered if it was suction so i took it off and it put a drop of water on it and it leaked through slowly.

So from this I took the dropper cap and placed it in my m401 cart and it will fit nicely with a bit of cutting to the outside ring.

Conclusion: Placing the dropper cap inside the cart at the right measurment to where as it just touches the atomizer. Tossing the filler and putting liquid at the bottom below the cap. It will slowly leek onto the atomizer as you drag.

+no wick timing required
-less held liquid
-gravity will most likely need to be used (but i draw at a low angle anywho)
-possible leakage (have to test)

#2 Powerade nozzle flap mod (bad name? yes)-
I haven't put much thought into this, but thought I'd throw it out there. My idea for this is to again toss the filler. First those openings on top of powerade bottles, and those new no mess caps for mustard and ketchup. Cut one out.

Now cut it to the diameter of the outside cartridge. Not the inside filler cart. Then load up a cart with liquid. (with no filler, thats the main problem) Assemble the cartridge putting the top we cut off the bottle on top of the inside cart.(it has to be water tight on the outside rim of the inside cart, not sure what to use for this yet)

How do i think this would work?
Well I'm thinking that as you draw on your ebogie(esmoke), the air will have to come around the inside cart like normal. As it tries to, the flap we cut and placed inside will bend and form a cone like shape. Allowing a current of air through. Since the flap has an X like cut in the middle, the bending will open this and allow liquid through onto the atomizer. When you stop drawing. The X opening will close and remain shut. Stopping the flow.

+no wicking
-lots of kinks to work out

Let me know what you think, and if you have any further ideas to add.

I'll post a blueprint of these later on when i can get to it.

Last edited:

Miogi

May 28, 2009
toronto, CA
From Lucacri's thread-
I think ViciousCircle is actually right and my problem is that I have a Janty Stick which I find kind of hard to keep oriented up...
probably this way now is not so effective, but i definitely think that the way to go should be to use the cart to hold the liquid juice intact, somehow.
Maybe we could add a plastic "dam" with a hole in the center...

The dropper top would work as the "dam" in my opinion. I'll try it out when i get another dropper bottle. I only have one left to use so i can't mod it just yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread