The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Finally made the switch

Discussion in 'Switching' started by jimson, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jimson

jimson Full Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2009
    Arizona
    But I don't recommend my method...at least not the motivator

I have a drawer full of various e-cigs and could just never make the switch for long and then.........

I had a heart attack.

The Doc told me that I had few other risk factors than smoking at minimum 2 packs a day.

Of course they were offering me nic patches, lozenges etc but after 3 days nicotine free in the hospital I didn't want nicotine in any form so I decided to vape 0 nicotine instead.

It's helped alot. On my second week smoke and nicotine free I think I can stay off analogs and nicotine in all forms now and I imagine I can eventually quit vaping altogether.

Thank god this technology was available, as I have grave doubts that I wouldn't be smoking Marlboros again if it wasn't, that's how addicted I was.

2. minimeatball

minimeatball Full Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Morrisville, NC
    Congratulations on your turn towards better health! I'm certainly sorry to hear that the motivation came from such an awful event, but it was motivation nonetheless.

3. cheezwiz

cheezwiz Full Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Virginia
    Good on you!!! (for the quit, that is!) Sorry for what you went through. I've got no doubt that if it weren't for e-cigs, in your shoes I'd have been draggin the IV pole out to the hospital parking lot for a butt - just like I did the last time I was in the hospital.

Very glad you are ok.

4. gabriel06

gabriel06 Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Singapore
  5. Zakk3167

Zakk3167 Full Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Saratoga, New York
    I'm sorry to hear about your heart attack! But thank you for sharing your story. I'm 21 years old have been smoking for 6 years and I'm 2 weeks tobacco free. Hearing these kind of personal stories keeps me motivated to not look back

Sent From My Galaxy Note 3

6. pfaber11

pfaber11 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2009
    england
    hey good luck with the quitting nicotine. Sorry to hear about your heart attack.

7. freeatlast!

freeatlast! Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2013
    Kansas, USA
    Big congratulations, jimson!!! So sorry you had a heart attack but at least you survived it and now you're smoke free!! That is so great! Sadly, I know too many people who did NOT survive the physical consequences of years of smoking....

8. PinkEgoTUser

PinkEgoTUser Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2013
    CA
    Jimson I'm so sorry to hear you had a heart attack, but you are here today so congrats!! How is you progress? I think that scare a cigarette right out of my hand!! Glad you're on the mend!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.