Aug 29, 2009
Pinellas County, Fl

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The unit says Mini Cig on it and the box just says E Cigerette.
It would be interesting to find out which kind you really got.
But it sounds like it's probably one of the not so good ones.

All the carts taste like a mix of Cheap 305 cigs, pipe tobacco, and perfume
Yeah, almost everyone buys liquid seperately and refills the cartridges themselves.

and it seems like I'm sucking liquid because my lips and tongue burn like hell
Yeah, you're definitely getting liquid in your mouth.
That can happen with an automatic battery until you learn to use it.

The batts only seem to last for about 5 hits. Very little vapor,,very hard draw.
Again, this sounds potentially like trouble using an automatic battery.
Or maybe it might be that you are smoking it more like a cigarette.

You should read the thread linked in my signature.
It discusses all of the above issues in a little bit more detail without being overwhelming.

Last edited:

RICK55FLA

Sep 27, 2009
cen fla
It would be interesting to find out which kind you really got.
But it sounds like it's probably one of the not so good ones.

Yeah, almost everyone buys liquid seperately and refills the cartridges themselves.

Yeah, you're definitely getting liquid in your mouth.
That can happen with an automatic battery until you learn to use it.

Again, this sounds potentially like trouble using an automatic battery.
Or maybe it might be that you are smoking it more like a cigarette.

You should read the thread linked in my signature.
It discusses all of the above issues in a little bit more detail without being overwhelming.[/qu

I just found a tag in the bottom of the box that says -DSE 901

I ordered a Joye 510 today with some drip liquid.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks for all the replies/info
Rick

Dubskie

Sep 25, 2009
California
Someone may have said this already, as I didn't read all the posts. But I have a case of asthma since birth, and it severly limits the amount of physical activity I can perform before eventually having to use an inhaler to calm myself.

Regardless, I have a large machine that my mom bought some odd years back, and some doctors use it for patients that are having difficulty breathing. But it's essentially the same thing as vapor. The only thing that I can think of at this moment is if the PG chemical that they use to dilute the nicotine would cause an attack.

I would ask your doctor.

jbart003

Dec 19, 2009
Riverside
ok according to propylen glycol, a substance found in the liquid to produce vapor, is a lubricant for asthmatic or respritory problems, according to the FAQ from VaporCig.com. I have a mild case of asthma, and with e-cigs, it hasn't caused a problem for me at all. So if VaporCig is not giving false advertisement, I'd say this is the best alternative for smokers with asthma.

Leonardo

ECF Veteran
Just a quick not, I have asthma, I have been smoking 40 hand rolled cigs (no filters) per day for 25 years and I had got to the point that I was using a reliever inhaler to the extent I needed a new one every week, and a preventer would last only 2 weeks. I now am not sure when I last used my inhaler, maybe once every 3-4 days..... and that is a result of switching to an e-cig.

traderblue

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2008
Singapore
I have been smoking 2-3 packs a day for 30+years,,, Just found out I have what the Doc called " Reactive Asthma". I MUST quit but I'm a serious nicotine addict.
My asthma trigers seem to be perfumes and cleaning chemicals.
I tried a pipe and pipe tobacco,,had a reaction that sent me to the Doc and that's how I found out about the Asthma.

I've tried gums, lozenges, patches, nothing seems to help. I don't really want to waste $500 on e-cig if it is going to cause an attack.

Thanks
Rick

I am asthmatic and a smoker for 20 years. Vaping made me quitted smoking since 7 months ago. And now suddenly my asthma is gone! Before vaping, I need to use my ventolin inhaler and seretide in haler daily. Nowasdays, I only used the ventolin once/twice monthly.
I vaped both PG and VG, but perferred VG as PG is drier on thr throat.

traderblue

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2008
Singapore
Just a quick not, I have asthma, I have been smoking 40 hand rolled cigs (no filters) per day for 25 years and I had got to the point that I was using a reliever inhaler to the extent I needed a new one every week, and a preventer would last only 2 weeks. I now am not sure when I last used my inhaler, maybe once every 3-4 days..... and that is a result of switching to an e-cig.

Shared your symptoms.
I am asthmatic and smoked 20-30 sticks/day for 20 years.
During the 1st 10 years of smoking if I remembered well I only used reliever - one can last me for 5-6 months. During the last 3 years ( my 17-20 years smoking period) I need one reliever and one preventer monthly. Until about 7 months ago when I started vaping, my asthma is suddenly "gone". I only used the reliever now (once/twice a month).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread