Finally quit analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ev0rn0ss

Dec 1, 2013
Got another person to quit today. Yesterday at work, I let one of the female employees who's been a smoker for 20+ years take a couple of puffs off my PV after I changed the tip to a new clean one. She couldn't believe it and I had to let her use it the rest of the afternoon after lunch.
I previously had purchased a number of inexpensive blister packs with a 900 MAH battery, USB charging cable and CE-4 clearomizer to give away to others who wish to try them. I brought one into work today, and gave it to her this morning. I filled up the clearomizer, and gave her a small 10 ml bottle of 24 mg mild tobacco flavored e-liquid. She used it all day without ever touching tobacco. She couldn't believe she did it, and is convinced she'll never smoke again.
I have now become what I used to hate; the former smoker who tries to get everyone else to quit. Only difference, is that they still get to puff away, just water instead of 4000+ cancer causing chemical laden smoke. Most persons I have shown my PV to, are amazed. They all thought vaping was just water vapor that comes out of the e-cig and there was no satisfaction. I have become the Johnny Appleseed of vaping LOL.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on quitting tobacco!

I have been vaping since September 2012, and I like it even more now than when I started. If you're still looking for a Mod to buy, check out the ProVari Mini v2.5 from ProVape (I'm sure you already know the device hehe). I am currently waiting for mine to arrive on Dec 23. Couple of weeks away, cant wait!

Vape on!

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
Hello and Welcome DonMac! I am a 33yr 1 1/2 pad ex-smoker and made the switch back in mid January using V2 cigs. I have so much great gear now makes me wonder how I ever quit using those, but they worked! I love their life-time warranty. Congrats to you on quitting and I hope to see you around the forum. Happy Vaping :vapor:

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
I still can't believe I actually quit tobacco. I was one of those individuals who was so addicted to smoking, eventually I would have been holding my oxygen mask with one hand and smoking with the other.

I always felt the same way Don. 45 years of the habit. Then one day, much the same as you, I picked up a cigalike, just on a whim. (Mine was a Fin, which I still swear are miles ahead of Blu). Never smoked one more analog from that day on, approaching 8 months now. I feel great. With the help and knowledge of all the fine folks here I branched out to better batteries, clearos, tanks, and for the past 4 weeks or so have been almost exclusively dripping. And building my own coils, using cotton wick. Costing pennies compared to my start, but then cost isn't really the concern at this point, no? Whatever I put into this now I always remember that 7 months ago I was purchasing 3 packs of analogs a day, at a little over $8/pack. So I have no complaints, and I feel terrific!!

So, welcome to ECF, search the Forum, learn from everyone's experience. There's a TON of knowledge to be gleaned here.

Congrats on finally getting off the analogs!

jmur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
32 years here and smoke free for a bit over 5 months. Vaping for 8 months. Really great how wonderful you look and feel after a short time not smoking. Great stuff.

You know, I haven't heard anyone say this yet, and was wondering if I was just imagining things. But I swear I see a change in my skin complexion. I mean 45 years of those chemicals and residue floating in front of my face couldn't have been doing anything good. Plus, blood circulation is improved. When I shave in the morning, it seems like my skin looks better than it did as a smoker.

WalterWhite

Nov 26, 2013
Oregon
You know, I haven't heard anyone say this yet, and was wondering if I was just imagining things. But I swear I see a change in my skin complexion.

This is excellent news. I have yet to notice a change in my complexion, but I am only a little over the two week mark. What I have noticed though is that the color of my teeth is improving drastically. I was under the impression that I would just have to live with that faded and nicotine stained look for the rest of my life, but when I looked in the mirror this morning, I could truly see a difference.

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
Congratulations! I'm in the process of doing the same thing, just need to find "my" thing to do it. Would try Blu but no idea if they ship overseas.
I started with Blu. I found that the carts were iffy at times and battery life is terrible. I was having to charge the batteries 8 times a day. There are better cigalikes out there if that is the way you want to go. Do some research and see what can be bought/shipped in/to Japan.

DonMac

Dec 3, 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
I have so much stuff now, I am having trouble finding space to put it all. I have all the standard stuff, ego, etc., but still like to occasionally use my Eversmoke e-cig. I can refill the cartridges about a dozen times before they die. My latest addition is a Kamry K100 mechanical mod. I have a variety of tanks and it works fine.

If we go out to dinner, friends or similar, I usually bring a Joye 501-T. Works fine every time. Doesn't gross people out, having them think I'm using an opium pipe, and is more acceptable when I explain what it is. The tank only holds a small amount of liquid, but only takes a few moments to refill.

One of the first things I noted after quitting tobacco was that my smokers cough of many years went away in only a few days, and I had a much better feeling of overall well-being, health wise. Not to sound dramatic, but I am very thankful to vaping for saving my life. My wife is so thrilled, at this point she could care less what I spend on equipment. I think I pretty much have every thing I need for awhile and plenty of supplies to last.

jmur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Amazing, isn't it Don? My cough, of years and years, and progressively worse (MUCH worse), went away in under a week or two. I vape heavy, and I very nearly never cough anymore. The "powers that be" need to wake up, get a life and leave all this alone. It's been a lifesaver for so many people. But, of course, I realize that's not what's driving their agenda. BT and Pharma are only actively lobbying against all this because of their bottom line ($$$$$).

DonMac

Dec 3, 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
I asked my doctor who is well informed about vaping, and on a one on one basis, advises his patients who smoke tobacco to switch, says the medical community, especially hospitals and large medical organizations cannot recommend vaping. He says, they receive millions in federal grants for their anti-smoking programs and they would lose those funds if they recommended vaping at this point. He is part of a large health network and officially he is against electronic smoking, but personally recommends it to his smoking patients. He said if he were to come out publicly in favor of electronic smoking, he would immediately be terminated because it would put their federal funding at risk. He said many of the other physicians are in the same situation.

DonMac

Dec 3, 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
Jmur,
I believe you are absolutely right. Big tobacco has a lot to lose, and they will continue to create warnings, and red flags about vaping until they have a substantial foot hold in the industry. Then, all of a sudden, extensive research studies will then show it's safe, and they will control both sides, smoking, vaping.
Stop smoking products produced by the pharmaceutical industry makes zillions selling products that cost little or nothing to manufacture and sell for inflated prices to nicotine addicts. Interesting enough, a long time ago I tried the Nicotrol inhaler to try and quit. One of the listed ingredients was PG. Now all of a sudden, people are worried about the inhalation of PG?

Drexel University, Department of Public Health, Phil, PA, recently did a comprehensive peer reviewed study on e-smoking that showed it has virtually no health consequences.

http://publichealth.drexel.edu/~/media/files/publichealth/ms08.pdf

Yet all we hear is there are no scientific studies, go figure?

MoralFibre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
New Zealand
Vaping has literally been a lifesaver for me, and I also had several of my friends who have now quit using vaping devices. Thrilled to be here and hope to be an active member and asset to the forum community.

I'm with yer mate! Feeling bloody great! Ain't goin' back to cigs, but I know it's a long road and that I have to take each day at a time. But like you I'm finding this pretty easy.

So far! :)

MoralFibre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
New Zealand
I have so much stuff now, I am having trouble finding space to put it all.

Same! :) One thing I'm doing though is putting all my juice in a cabinet thats: a) out of reach to kids, b) safe from the dog too and c) out of the sun.

Vaping is a safe way to take in nicotine, swallowing a 50ml bottle... not so good :) Not a nice way to die I'd imagine, so lets all be safe and keep the juice out of harms way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread