FINALLY Threw out the ashtray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JULIA HUGGINS

Nov 29, 2018
When I first saw vaping devices I thought they were a joke. NOthing was going to replace my Pall Mall Menthol 100's, nothing. RJ Reynolds was clever, though. After years of sending me big $$'s-off-a-pack coupons, they sent me an offer I couldn't refuse; an Alto AND a Vibe, complete with flavor cartridge packs, for $10 total, free shipping. They sat, unopened,in my desk drawer for months. "I'm not toking on a black plastic tube!" Finally decided to give them a go, after all, I spent a whole dix on them. Took an occasional draw and that was it.

Then, winter came. It was nice not freeze outside. Then I discovered it was nice not to need to "time" getting dressed so my work attire didn't stink (I was a secret smoker). It was nice not to worry about a smoldering cigarette in the ashtray. It was nice not to worry if I would get dirty looks from my doctors. It was nice not to worry about running out of smokes.

..and it was nice for RJR to keep sending me 40% off deals every month....

I never thought it was possible, but finally threw out the ashtray last weekend.

If you're a new vaper transitioning, don't worry, it takes time to get used to it, believe it. I never thought I would do it but it just happens on your own schedule.

Apolgies, I didn't mean to write a blog entry but no one knows these circumstances better than fellow vapers, and I hope it helps new folks who are thinking of making the switch.

So there.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
th

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Great news Julia! You made my day also. All of us long time vapers live a bit vicariously through others like yourself sharing your success with quitting and finding a much healthier alternative to smoking. It brings me back to my own success and how it actually felt to quit for good. Best decision of my life and something worth remembering and staying excited about.

I had a visit to the doctor today for regular checkup and after 30 years of smoking I have a 99% oxygen level (Been vaping for 5 years). How's that for a healthier alternative to smoking!

Keep us posted on how it's going for you and how you feel about it, it does us all good.

JULIA HUGGINS

Nov 29, 2018
Great news Julia! You made my day also. All of us long time vapers live a bit vicariously through others like yourself sharing your success with quitting and finding a much healthier alternative to smoking. It brings me back to my own success and how it actually felt to quit for good. Best decision of my life and something worth remembering and staying excited about.

I'm laughing now thing how "anti-vape" I used to be :) Just seemed so stupid to puff on some plastic thing you have to plug into the outlet once and awhile....now I'm thinking how stupid I've been these past 40+ years puffing on some paper with some hot burning plant substance inside!

JULIA HUGGINS

Nov 29, 2018
Congrats Julia. Most ashtrays gone form my home, some of the decorative ones, the wife saved and placed candy or whatever in them. I don't miss dirty ashtrays and of course the butts. Keep vaping!

Kept Grandma's decorative cut glass ashtrays (that don't look like ashtrays..). They look quite beautiful on the shelf with no gunk in them :)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I was skeptical too at first. I got a cig alike for my MIL who was going to be I. The hospital a few days. I was floored when it worked for her so I tried one.

I thought it would be good to use while visiting her, and like you said in winter, instead of freezing outside to have a smoke.

The day I got it, I smoked 3-4 cigarettes.

I never started vaping to quit smoking but very soon I had quit.

Congrats to you!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm laughing now thing how "anti-vape" I used to be :) Just seemed so stupid to puff on some plastic thing you have to plug into the outlet once and awhile....now I'm thinking how stupid I've been these past 40+ years puffing on some paper with some hot burning plant substance inside!

It's all about living longer and still being able to satisfy the urge to smoke. Nicotine wasn't the problem. It was the tars and the chemicals in the smoke that was the killer. Congratulations on ditching the smokes and moving over to vaping. I think you'll like it so much that you'll wonder why you didn't switch sooner.

Did I mention the health benefits? Your life will be better with vaping and you'll live longer!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I never thought it was possible, but finally threw out the ashtray last weekend.

Right On Julia. Keep Doing what You are Doing.

And Make Sure you have Back-Ups to Everything you use.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Congrats Julia - so glad you got smoke-free :thumb:

I was the same about vaping. Thought there was no way in hell it would be the same as my menthol cigarettes.

I tried an innokin t18 vape pen - with absolutely no intentions of quitting smoking. I had to 'stop' smoking for 2 months due to a broken ankle, so the vape was my chosen nicotine replacement therapy.

Fast forward 3 weeks - I now preferred vaping over smoking. Blew my mind completely ;)

2 months later I called myself an ex-smoker - for good. Vaping had complely won me over.

I'm now 1 year, 3 weeks smoke-free :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread