Firefly batteries question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyBlade

Jan 26, 2013
NY
:unsure: We bought 4 Firefly batteries at our local Unique store 6 days ago... the girl told me not to charge them until they are red because they will get a memory. I read online that lithium ion batteries will not get a memory. So, today I went to grab 2 more batteries. While there, I asked if they are lithium ion and (the manager this time) she says yes. So I told her that I read online that they will not develop and memory. She said her boss told her they will... So... I'm at a loss. Anyone know for sure?

Catmau5

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Jacksonville, Fl
It is a myth that they get a memory only people that do not know are fools but it is true that you have charge them completely (and normally it is green when fully charged) when used first (they come per charged just a little bit) and never leave them dead for an extended period of time. Let me put this in perspective. The chemistry of a battery is this |~| the first | is positive the ~ is the salt bridge and the second | is negative so the salt bridge fuses with the positive and negative causing a reaction that releases energy that is siphoned and output. So a small volt then breaks them apart. So when you run out of the salt bridge then when you give it the volt some of the particles will not separate so it is better to leave some of the salt bridge on there (you will notice because the vapor production gets lower) and charge it and always make sure the salt bridge is complete or else the salt will not separate. I hope this helps rather than causing more confusion.

Last edited:

NickyBlade

Jan 26, 2013
NY
Thank you! Yes, that helps and good to know. The two I bought today, one was completely dead. I got home, plugged it into my charger and it did not seem to be charging, so I took it back to the store because I thought it was DOA. She plugged it into the charger and after a couple minutes it did blink and started charging. She did exchange it for me but it took her a few tries to find one that wasn't completely dead and she said "Guess I'm charging batteries today." and she seemed inconvenienced by me coming back with the dead battery... but the other 5 I bought came charged, I've been vaping a whole 6 days and don't have a lot of experience with the equipment so how would I know?

By your explanation, I'm thinking I might not want to buy anymore of their $25 "was completely dead and then re-charged before I bought it" batteries? The battery was dead dead... like a paperweight... as were the next two she opened when I returned it.

NickyBlade

Jan 26, 2013
NY
Unique cigs in Watertown... The employee Saturday that sold us our kits and extras was awesome! The manager today wasn't rude or anything... but certainly didn't make me feel welcome. Didn't help that the customer before me was talking trash about soldiers to her and we are a 17 year in military family. I had also asked if they sold any metal cartomizers for the citrus flavors and she had no idea what I was talking about. So, I said I read online that some flavors react badly with plastic and melt it. She said she's never heard such a thing. Maybe I made her mad or she wasn't feeling well or something.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Maybe the battery was turned off? Some have a 3 or 5 click on/off feature. The firefly probably does.

Definitely don't wait for your battery to be dead to recharge.

You can use pretty much any flavor in a cartomizer you like. In the clearomizers, things like the vivi nova, Kanger, or the cartomizer/tanks some liquid is an issue.

Last edited:

Catmau5

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Jacksonville, Fl
My advice is to not go with most stores instead online is better.. Most people (such as madvapes) know much more about there products simply because they have tried out everything and knows how everything works. What type of battery do you currently have? What is your main objective for switching to e cigs? Do you want one that looks like a cig or do you want something that would be able to give you a bang for your buck? These are questions you should ask before you start and being on this forum is one step ahead. Here you are connected to almost all suppliers and veteran vapers who have practically tried every possible thing out there!

NickyBlade

Jan 26, 2013
NY
Thank you for the advice... the battery was definitely all the way dead, like a brick, not just off. She did exchange it for me.

We currently have 6 firefly ego type 900mah batteries and a couple twists on the way. We've been using the CE4 cartomizers from Unique, but I have a vivi nova on the way with a metal tube so we can try our Mt Baker rootbeer juice! I'm happy with the ego style batteries for now and if we like the vivi nova, I'll order more. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread