Not open for further replies.

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
Hiya,

I'm curious how long the Firefly should normally hold a charge (and I completely forgot the mAh rating). For some reason mine is draining really quickly under normal usage, much more quickly than my other, similar PVs. I've got a couple of Infernos, one big and one small (if memory serves they're 1000 and 750 mAh, respectively), and a couple of Boge Leos which are either 850 or 900 mAh (yeah, my memory is Swiss cheese these days --gettin' old!), and I swear the Firefly is lasting somewhere between a third to half the time of the others (using the same cartos or attys, which I tend to swap around while something's charging).

I bought 3 of them awhile back during the "blemished" sale; gifted one, stashed another and have been using the last, so it could be a one-off. I'll try using the backup, and will ask my friend how his is holding a charge compared to his two generic egos, but for now I'm definitely curious if anyone else has noticed any overly-quick drainage.

Oh, one other thing I've noticed. Mine seems to only go through three color phases. Blue, Green and then Red. No 50% Yellow stage. Is that actually normal, and the write-up was mistaken, or is mine just being weird? (I'll admit, I'm partially colorblind, but that shouldn't be an issue here, as I can still see the different shades of each color, which are unique, and can effectively identify the correct colors. Trust me, I know it sounds weird, but it works.) :)

KnotGillty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Sacramento CA
I have 3 of the 900mAh firefly batteries and I get about a day of heavy use from each.

As far as the colors, the yellow is more of a yellowish green and not a pure yellow. It would not be a stretch for a newer user to confuse the two colors (green & yellow). All three of my batteries have this same color (yellowish green). But after using them for a period of time I'm easily able to distinguish the change in battery level (color). Use your other firefly battery and see if you notice the same thing.

Last edited:

TinyTimberGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Wisconsin
picasaweb.google.com
I've had pretty much the same results as KnottGillty. The 'yellow' (greenish yellow) phase is exactlly as KG stated. What (for me) may make these seem to not last as long is the fact that when I see it change to the yellow/green I throw on a fresh battery and re-charge.

I've never let the firefly batteries drain completely as I did when using the regular ego/riva batteries that you can't 'see' what's left of the charge. I also don't use dual coils or lower than 2.0 ohm cartos which for me, shortened the usable battery time by at least half.

Hiryu

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2011
USA
I've just hit 'Yellow' on both my batteries, and the two nice folks above are right. 'Yellow' is really just a lighter green. It actually took me a while to realize the color change the first time I saw it, and the light does not look 'Yellow' to me at all. Was very disappointing about that, to be honest. :/

I can completely see how the Green and 'Yellow' stages could look the same to someone with partial color blindness.

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
Ok, guess the color angle really is just out of my range. No biggie, I can live with that. As for the charge time, I tried my backup Firefly, and it held the charge a lot longer, but the button kept sticking and causing the atty to keep firing. Oops. So, looks like one Firefly has a wonky battery (2 hours of vaping 'til dead, if I'm lucky), and the other works fine but doesn't always shut off right away without playing with the button.

Can't really complain, since I got 'em on sale, but truth be told, I really wish I'd saved-up a little more and just gotten the Indulgence (v3) that I've been wanting. No pretty lights like the Firefly, but I love the idea of replaceable batts, and varying the combos to get different voltages. Sweet.

Thanks for the help. :)

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
Yep.

S'okay, though. The one with the sticky button isn't too annoying, and still works, so that'll do me for when I leave the house. The other one might need charging a lot more often, but since I can swap it out with my Inferno, and vice-versa, it'll do fine for using at the table. :)

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Every once and a while... I even see a color in between Green and Blue. It usually only lasts for one puff, then goes fully green. Has anyone else seen that?

I am sorry to hear about the issues your having. The Indulgence should really be free of these type of issues. There's no solder or circuit boards. It makes for a really reliable device.

Ty

KnotGillty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Sacramento CA
Every once and a while... I even see a color in between Green and Blue. It usually only lasts for one puff, then goes fully green. Has anyone else seen that?
Yeah, it's almost a turquois color. And your right, it's only there for that last puff before the change from Blue to Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread