Status
Not open for further replies.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
As the title says, I had no problems with the eRoll battery for like 4 months but lately, I kill one a week at least... I am not using the eRoll any more than I have in the past. Good news is that attys seem to be fine. I clean battery contacts with a q-tip periodically and have even tried the re-vive method with alcohol and even spray contact cleaner (leaves no residue for electronics). What gives here? Anyone else having this issue? Are the batteries inferior to what was originally sold? Btw, all of my items I buy for the eRoll are the genuine joyetech ones and I tend to be buying from GoodProphets lately.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I can't help as I have seven in rotation every day bought over the last month and half I think... too soon to know. But, one thing comes to mind: is it possible you're getting a leak into the battery? Do you buy from a place that has a big enough turn over to have gotten a new batch of batts? I would contact them and ask if that's the case. I sure hope Joye isn't putting out an inferior product now.

Edit: I probably should but have never cleaned my batts. I figure.. what's the point if I'm not leaking? but I do clean my attys. I haven't broken open the newest ones I've bought but keep buying monthly so they don't all fizzle around the same time.

Last edited:

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
Sounds like they are just worn out. They are little batteries so I figure if I get four months from mine, especially the way I vape, I won't be surprised if they croak. That's a lot of charge/discharge cycles. I tend to disagree with the practice of completely submerging them for cleaning. I stand the connection end in a shot glass with just enough vodka to cover the air intake hole once a week. That will clean the air intake, the auto-switch, and the connection. Getting alcohol into any other part of it is asking for trouble IMHO. That's where the actual battery and electronics are and I don't think they were designed to be submersed.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I would really like to know if this was a bad batch of batteries. Even so, if I had to buy 4 batts a month at $10 a piece, thats $40 a month. At that rate its the price of one carton of smokes a month instead of the 6 cartons I used to pay for. It would just be a hassle buying on the net them every month whether I need juice or not.

EricDykstra

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,il
I think it might be time to start buying ovale instead of joyetech. I think joyetech is selling products that ovale refuses because of defects.Joyetech - They Aren't the E-Cigarette Manufacturer You Think They Are! | E-Cig Express Blog
"According to a top executive at one of companies, they certainly have rejected some of the runs made by Joyetech due to poor quality control. One can only wonder if Joyetech does the same for the ones stamped with their own logo (highly unlikely!). Talk to owners of a Janty product or one made by Ovale, and 9 out of 10 will tell you that they think the Janty or Ovale ones are better than the Joyetech versions. I'd have to agree!"

EricDykstra

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,il
I purchased a new eroll kit 2 weeks ago. I have one battery that leaks constantly. I started messing around with it. I tried to make sure the cone was on correctly, and noticed the the connection on the battery was turning. What i did not realize is that I actual turned the connection to much and broke the wire connecting the battery. photo (1).jpg photo (2).jpg

To add insult the other battery seems to hold less of a charge than my older batteries.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
That explains it for me. I've been watching closely on leaking issues and its the newer batteries I bought (not in kits) that leak. One of the white ones is even slightly heavier and the balance is different I guess because of it. My cones don't fit on the newer ones the same way either... harder to get on and turn and when taken off, the atty comes with it its so tight. That kind of inconsistency just shouldn't be. $2.00 more for a battery at Ovale is no big deal if its not going to leak and lasts longer.

Edit: should explain... this weight difference is comparing kit white ones to new single white ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread