First attempt at vertebraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thumpszilla

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So I have been getting into doing some more complex coils builds. I have gotten the Clapton down, the fused Clapton, twisted, twisted claptons and a few of the more basic ones. Tonight I decided I would try a vertebraid. This is 28 guage 316l stainless from kbee vapes. After I got the braid done I did 8 wraps around a 3mm rod and chucked a dual coil in my limitless at .106 running 100w. The flavor is awesome! Not sure what build I am going to try next but I need more atties to mount these builds in. Gonna pick up another goon rda tomorrow.
07421d386cca5cb209da6246c3c2c563.jpg
5ed82127ef3bd80ffe96deaaf07a8204.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Thumpszilla

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have heard the Merlin's have a leaking issue

My next coil I am going to try is a fishtail braid across 2 cores. I hope to do it tomorrow. My local vape shop was out of goons but is supposed to have me a few ordered.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I have heard the Merlin's have a leaking issue

I have heard that also and have no idea what they are talking about. Very very little seeping. No big deal a couple times a day to wipe under tank. Every rebuildable I own does it. Small price to pay for such a great vape. Never seaps enough to run down the mod. I fill my tank four or five times a day and I always tank tank off mod anyways. I don't call it a leak. CHEERS!

Thumpszilla

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I might try that but I like the looser braid because it creates more airflow. I did a really tight one yesterday morning and I didn't get as good of flavor from it. I also kinda worry about going smaller diameter wire because with stainless it takes so many wraps to get get to .1 its crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread