Vertebraid Wire Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2019
North-Central PA (flyover country)
In my last order from Advanced Vape Supply they threw in a free spool of Vertebraid wire 34GX6 316L. It looked interesting sitting in my tackle box. Tonight I decided to make some coils. It was kind of hard to work with. It didn't work in the coil master coiling tool, as each wrap would catch on the last wrap and go on top of it instead of sliding down onto the post. The wire is very springy and it doesn't want to stay in the shape you put it in. I had to wrap almost a complete extra wrap for it to spring back to where I wanted it. No matter how hard I tried, it was impossible to wrap it tight. It would always spring back to a spaced coil (which is not a bad thing.) I made the coils 7/6 and 3.0. They came out about 0.4 ohms each. Surprisingly I didn't have any issues with fraying of the ends after cutting it. The coils were a little too long for the Zeus X build deck, (which is kind of small and fussy). I pinched the coils lengthwise to get the leads into the holes and once the screws were tightened, it looked respectable. On test firing, the ramp up was very slow at 40 watts, but ok at 50 watts. Wicking was not an issue, I was surprised how easy the cotton went through.

The coils vape well at 50W. Flavor dropped off above 50W. Overall, flavor is OK and cloud production is good. I made extra coils and will try them in a Dead Rabbit V2 RDA, which seems to always have better flavor than the Zeus X RTA. But there are times, like when driving, that a dripper is just not practical.

Overall, this wire provides about the same vape experience as clapton wire which is much easier to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread