First Class Mail - Would you be interested in the option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIYVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2017
Irmo, SC
www.nicotinegiant.com
Would you like for us to offer a USPS First Class Mail option?

Please remember that USPS First Class Mail does not provide you with a tracking number. There is no way to track your package. In addition, there is no way for us to answer any of your questions about your package. If this was an option on the website and you were to choose it as a means of shipping, there would be nothing we could do if there was an issue with the arrival of your package.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Would you like to us offer USPS First Class Mail option?

Please remember that USPS First Class Mail does not provide you with a tracking number. There is no way to track your package. In addition, there is no way for us to answer any of your questions about your package. If this was an option on the website and you were to choose it as a means of shipping, there would be nothing we could do if there was an issue with the arrival of your package.
D,
Not worth the risk from a business perspective.
If you sell me something and it never arrives, I WILL want a refund.

Stick with "Priority" that includes tracking and insurance.

Cheers
I

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
First class mail can easily have tracking. It is called delivery confirmation. Label done electronically contains it for no additional charge. Done over the desk in Post office they charge for it I think 75 cents.

It is no different in that respect from Priority mail other than Priority mail.

As a vendor, I would expect you to know what different shipping options provide.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
First class mail can easily have tracking. It is called delivery confirmation. Label done electronically contains it for no additional charge. Done over the desk in Post office they charge for it I think 75 cents.

It is no different in that respect from Priority mail other than Priority mail.

What is priority mail.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: DIYVaper

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
A double typing typo. Meant no difference from Priority and first class as far as tracking goes.

It also doesn't even necessarily arrive faster than first class

No this is true. From some locations I actually get first class faster..

The only real net benefit to priority is flat rate shipping when mailing something heavy..

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
A double typing typo. Meant no difference from Priority and first class as far as tracking goes.

It also doesn't even necessarily arrive faster than first class

I tend to respect (and favor) those B&M's that cite a true flat PM fee. More of an incentive to buy and to use it. Disregard it otherwise unless it's an expensive and/or unique item.

Vendors would do well to state shipping terms clearly. Especially when PM and/or insurance are included. Kinda like shooting yourself in the foot when you don't.

Good luck. :)

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
For DIY, there are basically 3 vendors that I use. I won't name them here obviously since this is your forum.

I get VG from one vendor. The cost is $12.95 for a quart which is actually a full quart bottle that is 42 ounces of VG. The price includes shipping priority mail. It is good clean USP VG. I have not really seen it cheaper than that delivered but haven't really looked and probably won't as I like it. The shipping is kind of low end. They just put some bubble wrap around the bottle and tape the top up then stick it in a flat rate Priority Tyvek envelope. So far has arrive without leaking or damage but not good packaging. If there ever is a problem, I will look for a different vendor.

I buy nicotine base and most flavorings from another vendor. They have free shipping on orders over $50 so I just add enough to the order to get the free shipping. The packaging is stellar from them. Always in a box with each bottle in plastic bag and Styrofoam peanuts to cushion them. They ship it Priority mail.

I get some flavors from another vendor. I think they also have free shipping over $50 but not sure because I don't buy that much from them. They offer either first class if weight appropriate or priority otherwise. The packaging is decent but not stellar. The shipping cost is what they pay or very close to it.

The only vendors I have a problem with shipping cost on are vendors that consider shipping a profit center. The shipping cost should be close to actual cost not double or triple the cost. I understand that packaging costs money but this is a business expense and should be included in the price of the merchandise.

Not DIY related, I buy from lots of companies that have free shipping on orders over a certain amount, some as low as $20. I know that the price of the merchandise is probably higher to cover this but I don't mind that. I prefer it usually as I can look at the items and buy them knowing that once I have added $50 or $100 worth of merchandise to the cart, It won't suddenly morph into $75 to $150 at checkout.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I sent a knit hat 1st class over the counter and he handed me a tracking number. I was shocked and he acted like it was standard and included "of course, it's 1st CLASS!". Sending free unbreakable stuff to someone I was wanting as cheap as possible.

I could see the use for it, if I had a single flavor emergency I'd want it as cheap as possible. Generally I try to save up a list to hit the free shipping limit when I order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread