First cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my M401 for a few weeks now, noticed that it wasn't putting out anywhere near the vapour it used to be, so I figured it was time to clean the atty(s).

There's a huge wealth of (sometimes conflicting) information about this activity floating around, so I tried my best.

Blew them out by hand, and soaked them in Crest mouthwash, followed by near-boiling water, blew them out again (compressed air this time), dry burn, re-prime, and back into use.

I can't tell you what kind of difference this has made. These things are performing beautifully once again. I think my only mistake was trying to clean all three at once, rather than one at a time, so that if anything went wrong, I'd be SOL until after the weekend.

m401 user

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
I head the false teeth cleaner works like a charm. No need for doing much else xcept a blow out and dry burn, witch is all I have done for a few months.
Joe

+1 on dry burn cleaning and blowing out for maintenance.
Dry Burn for clogged coil cleaning. Crest for washing out the mesh, you won´t need this until your atty is really old, on most attys i never get to a point it needs Crest soak. So i think you just washed some juice you could even wash with plain water, as you´re actually not cleaning the coil with it.
Do research on proper dryburn method, most recommended (by myself:))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread