Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Crap ... I need a manual for some acronyms ...
    I'm sittin' here trying to figure it out ...o_O... then said f-it that's what google is for.
    This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures ... true. :lol: Duh!!!

I need one too, trust me. Didn't know whats FOMO was (and I've never had it BTW ;)) nor half the acronyms used on ECF. It's an edjukation ;)

• Agree
    Reactions: YorkMan

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I need one too, trust me. Didn't know whats FOMO was (and I've never had it BTW ;)) nor half the acronyms used on ECF. It's an edjukation ;)
    I had to look THAT one up too. Back when Fidola13 used it in the Shiny thread. :confused:
    I've never had FOMO. If I miss something, too bad, I don't care.
    Wait, wait, wait, backup ... unless it is the proper 1 of 1 purple Luna!!! :lol:
    Maybe I do have FOMO, oh no, doctor, doctor. :facepalm:

• Optimistic
    Reactions: HigherStateD

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    So you're getting the outside setup sorted @YorkMan. Because I think that it may well be highly possible if you try using it inside, that you may experience a long period of time outside.

But your building is certainly improving with each and every build, hopefully by now it's become somewhat easier for you. But as I've noticed, you have to find the right build for each atomiser through just trying it.

And when you get round to your Ammit 25, I found that a simple spaced 27AWG 6 wrap Stainless Steel round wire coil gives some reasonably impressive results.

jandrew

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2013
    Winnipeg
    Oh right, around 30 watts with 0.5 ohms on that mosfet mech mod. I do like clouds I must admit.

2.5mm ID 6 wraps I think. I did the build really fast!

Was that dual coil? With each coil being 0.5 ohms? That would be a 0.25 ohm build overall, and considerably more than 30 watts on the mech.

• Agree
    Reactions: HigherStateD

YorkMan

Jul 17, 2019
    New Orleans
    I use my Aegis Solo as a build deck, to check actual resistance, for burn in and then a final resistance check after wick is installed and priming just to be sure. I want to develop a good procedure since I have several mech mods on order. I don’t need any battery surprises!

jandrew

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2013
    Winnipeg
    I use my Aegis Solo as a build deck, to check actual resistance, for burn in and then a final resistance check after wick is installed and priming just to be sure. I want to develop a good procedure since I have several mech mods on order. I don’t need any battery surprises!
    Good stuff ... I'll just expand it a bit here ... after wicking, priming, and capped ... I don't consider my final atty resistance checked until it's checked with the cap on.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Here's a question: should I regularly pull the atty off a mech and check its resistance on an ohm meter/regulated mod to be sure it's still reading the same as when I built it? Sure, it could still short on the mech, but I thought it might make sense to monitor its status daily just to be a bit safer.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    Here's a question: should I regularly pull the atty off a mech and check its resistance on an ohm meter/regulated mod to be sure it's still reading the same as when I built it? Sure, it could still short on the mech, but I thought it might make sense to monitor its status daily just to be a bit safer.
    I don't use my mech every day, but every day I do, I check it. Who knows... Maybe today is the day the insulator decides to fail.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread