Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Don't you think the Doggy is easier, @AngeNZ? I sure do.

I haven't built the True, so I can't compare unfortunately - but a lot of previous die hard doggy lovers now prefer the True rta. If it wasn't such a true mtl rta with an airflow of 1.5mm, and if I didn't prefer airflow over 2.3mm, I'd have one by now ;)

But yeah - the doggy RTA was my first RTA to build and wick and it is definitely a fantastic beginner RTA :wub:

Bottom fill 2k16 SXK Doggystyle rta:
    https://www.fasttech.com/p/6353800

Top fill 2k18 SXK Doggystyle RTA:
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/3042/10028365/9679001

• Useful
    Reactions: HigherStateD

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    If you're talking RTA, the Exvape Expromizer V4 is reasonable to work with. @Shawn Hoefer reviewed them in his top air thread.

Top air RTAs
    eXpromizer
    Still one of the coolest names - ExVape Expromizer V4 Review

And folks have been chatting a lot about the Atmizoo Creek RDA. Unfortunately no clones, yet.

And does anyone know anything about the Skyfall and Salix RDA's, as from a little research I discovered that they can do MTL supposedly. And there's cheap clones available.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    It took me four tries to get the True not to pour juice out of the airflow holes and only two to get the Doggy working right, and even wicked wrong it didn't gush juice the way the True did. If I'd started with the True, I would've been a much less courageous builder. For example, The Kraken I just built (an achievement about which I must crow and crow again) would still be sitting shunned on a shelf.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Yeah, my camera isn't the best, and neither are my rock steady hands

Heard that. If you have a small magnifying glass handy you can center it in front of the cam lens and sorta gives you macro, regardless of the capability of the phone. Try it, you might be surprised how close you can get and the detail even with 8MP. It's all about the focus (more pixels on the tighter focus area, i.e. rather than backing out from out-of-focus).

Which kinda brings me back around to tensioned winding and focusing power into a more compact coherent wind. Backin out into spacing is just the same. Just sayin'.

Good luck. :)

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    IMG_20190806_205020.jpg

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    The Kraken I just built (an achievement about which I must crow and crow again) would still be sitting shunned on a shelf

You haven't crowed about building that Kraken enough - it gives me the heeby jeebys just looking at it ;)

kraken_va-6.jpg

kraken_va-9.jpg

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I don't know where to crow! I can't tell you how proud I am of doing it. Not convinced I love the Kraken, but the afterglow of having managed to build it still burns brightly. And vaping it on the successfully reassembled Rosefinch (those magnets put up quite a fight) makes my pride almost too heavy to bear.

The Kraken really belongs on the Cthulhu. Those two sweet cephalopods deserve to be together. Problem is, the Cthulhu is stainless. The Kraken is brass, so on the Rosefinch it must remain.

YorkMan

Jul 17, 2019
    New Orleans
    Yesterday I received in the mail a funky green Compass RDA, cost all of $7.95! Today I did a quick wrap for two SS 28ga coils, mounted them up and wicked them. I must say I am impressed. This RDA works very well, I like that I can pull off the cap and easily see the wells to fill um up.

So, this is my first two coil build. I can certainly tell a difference from my single coil attys. Now I understand how easy it is to vape some significant juice volume!

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Yesterday I received in the mail a funky green Compass RDA, cost all of $7.95! Today I did a quick wrap for two SS 28ga coils, mounted them up and wicked them. I must say I am impressed. This RDA works very well, I like that I can pull off the cap and easily see the wells to fill um up.

So, this is my first two coil build. I can certainly tell a difference from my single coil attys. Now I understand how easy it is to vape some significant juice volume!
    TTIWWOP.
    But seriously, nice job. What ohm you hit? How many wraps, ID? Wattage?

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    View attachment 832155 Ha I figured. I did not really want to shoe off my mediocre building skills but since you asked. I’ve been vaping on it all day with four different flavors so it is used and abused.
    Looks great to me. What RDA is that? And is that an outside only kinda build?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread