First Day ECig (NjoyPro) User Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbcast

Feb 28, 2009
Hi everyone...

Well, after 27 Years of HEAVY (3 Packs a day since I was 25, 2 before that) smoking of Analogs, I finally heard the words that made me do this...

"Honey, I love you SOOO much, but the truth that I havent told you for all these years is, I can NOT stand the way you smell and taste. It makes me literally SICK being near you, and I know it's an addiction, that is hard to stop, and I want you in my life forever, but unless you stop, I CAN NOT be with you anymore."

He's legally blind, and has a sense of smell much higher than a normal persons. He's broken up with me 10 times in as many years. ALL the times we split were because he couldn't stand going home and smelling like an ashtray. I know it's bad because he's not the only one who had these issues with my habit. When I would move to a new house, I would always try to make it outside only smoking but I never could, I always ended up smoking indoors again. Even I could smell how bad it was, my clothes REEKED even clean ones, as they entered the new home's closet. I had a lovely cat for 10 years, she died. My vet said it was LUNG cancer.

Still, I couldn't stop. I tried and tried. COULDN'T.

This last conversation with him, I realized... I hate these things as much as he does. I always hate how my room stinks, how my clothes do, how I do. I really did want to stop...

Now I can.

I took my njoy Pro out of the box after chasing down the UPS guy who brought it, missed me by minutes, I had to go find him LOL That was funny too! I opened the box, put it together, and lo and behold, it WORKED immediately. I hadn't even opened a cartridge yet, so I guess they put some liquid on the atomizer? Silly Me Vaped the thing all the way back home without a cartridge. It felt great though.

When I got home, I put the battery on the charger and vaped with the other one. Of course I tried one of the cartridges too. I haven't allowed myself to light an analog since I got this thing... I refuse to. This will be it for me, that I swear. My physical and emotional health are at stake.

So, SO far I have a few questions, comments about the experience...

I am finding that I feel a little strange physically. Lightheaded. My stomach aches a little too, and I feel sleepy. IDK if maybe I am using less nicotine than my normal 60 ultralights a day are giving me?

Vapor is difficult to produce at times, almost non existent. Tried changing the battery out, cartridge too, and it seems like trial and error so far. This is NOT like smoking at all! LOL but that's good, right?

I want to refill my own cartridges, that much I am sure of. Seems like the least expensive choice. I think I will want a spearmint flavor, that seems very "me"... Any suggestions?

Speaking of flavor, Even by itself, I have noticed an odd taste, from the first puff on the atomizer... I can't even explain what it tastes like, almost a buttery taste... YEAH! kind of like artificial butter flavoring spray.

Some observations of my mindset... I seem to be constantly looking for my pack, feeling odd that theres only this one thing in my prop ashtray, Yeah I cleaned out my standard ashtray and use it to hold the thing while I am on the computer. :)

Also, It's nice to just put the thing into my back pocket while outside and not worry about lighting up... Weird feeling, but very cool. No matches or anything.

Speaking of lighting up... Every time I don't get a good pull, my mind searches for the lighter, and says "Cig went out, relight" :)

What a MENTAL addiction this is... You really notice it with these things. :)

My cat, the second one I have, is fascinated with this... She sees mommy doing what she always does, but can't smell the stinky stuff, and it's not HOT!!! She actually walked up to me and sniffed the tip when I was pulling on it... SHe's a siamese, super smart, she made a little trilling sound of approval and mooshed it with her head. I think she LIKES!

Well, I don't think I have anything more to add, sorry this is so long, and feel free to comment.

gfultz1

Feb 25, 2009
NM - USA
myspace.com
Congrats on making the switch barbcast i've only been e-smoking for a week and haven't touched a real cig since just wait until you can smell and taste again it's a trip! lol but be sure to read the forums as it has a lot of information for the "newbie" i'm sure most if not all of your questions are answered in one post or another.

Take care,
Greg

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Lack of vapor production can be caused by a few things: weak battery, dry cartridge, too many puffs in a very short period of time. Read you NJOY instructions, charge the batteries and give it a go tomorrow.

Puresmoker.com sells a smoking juice called Cash True Menthol. It is my daily vape and generally satifies my 30+ year Newport habit. Refilling is far from rocket science. There are a few videos online that cover the basics. Order some e-liquid now!

E-cigs are not like analog cigarettes in so many ways. Do not view it as such. In the beginning, you will likely vape A TON. Over time, you will learn to use the device long enough to get whatever fix you need, put it down and pick it up later, as needed.

You will also want to order at least one extra atomizer in case the one you have fails. Nothing worse than being left with a completely inoperable device. Other forum members will have good suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread