The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

FIRST DIY

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by xkid96x, Sep 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. xkid96x

xkid96x Full Member

Sep 28, 2015
    So i just bought myself a pg/vg and 5 tfa flavour. I tried to make a strawberry milk (ohw milkman clone) that i found on the internet and give it a good shake then vape it. I can definitely taste the flavour but its not sweet and feel a bit empty. I didnt use a sweetener as i thought the flavouring itself especially the ethyl methol will give it enough sweetness eventhough the recipe did said to use a sweetener. Any recomendation? Im thinking of getting myself a sweetener and add it to the batch tht i had make.

Edit: since i only bought 10ml of each flavour. I use drop instead of using a syringe or a measuring cylinder except for pg/vg. 20 drops = 1ml

Screenshot_2015-09-30-20-31-00.png

2. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    By drops is not very accurate but seems it will get you in the ball park. Creams need to steep 3 - 4 weeks to bring out there sweeter creamer flavor so your recipe is not a shake and vape mix so you may need to give it some time. You can speed the process up by heat steeping it in a crock pot at 150F. Each hour in the crock pot equals 1 week of steeping. I would recommend doing this in glass bottles.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    You must know the drop count per ml of each flavoring to replicate a recipe that has %'s. Depending on viscosity and dispenser the drops per ml can vary from 15 to 50 drops per ml.

• Like Like x 4
  4. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey

Nicely said ^^^^^^^^^^^^

5. xkid96x

xkid96x Full Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Ill give tht a try, thx!

6. xkid96x

xkid96x Full Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Ohh, well i think i should get myself a measuring cylinder. How much does it usually cost?

7. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Most folks use a syringe for flavoring, they are a bit more accurate when measuring smaller amounts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.