First experience: Not so hot. So I have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maldaen

Feb 27, 2009
Hey guys.
So I bought the Eaze Micro from ePuffer, because I wanted something that simulates the size of a king size cigarette. And it does.
The problem is that the atomizer is actually causing the liquid to leak into the mouthpiece, so when I puff it, it tastes like Ambesol without the numbing effect (which is gross).
Their customer service has opted to send me a new atomizer or swap it for the Magnum, which everyone here seems to think is a great option. But after the first taste of Ambesol, I have to ask...

Do these things REALLY taste like a cigarette?

I know they're advertised as such, but I really have my doubts now. Let me know of your experience and if the taste really does match up with the real deal, as I don't want to get another device and find out it still isn't satisfying me, causing a really messy return process.

Thanks!

Elle

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Orange County, CA
hi there

are you topping off your carts w/ eliquid or are these prefilled? its possible they may be too full. until you vape some of that liquid out, it may help to point the led end down instead of horizontal for a few drags. also try to take slow, even drags; its a different type of pull than with regular cigs.

in regards to taste, it seems to be the general consensus and also my personal experience that there is no flavor that exactly mimics tobacco flavor. my suggestion would be that if you find you enjoy esmoking and would like to stick w/ it; that you explore other flavors outside your comfort zone- you may be pleasantly surprised :)

elle

maldaen

Feb 27, 2009
hi there

are you topping off your carts w/ eliquid or are these prefilled? its possible they may be too full. until you vape some of that liquid out, it may help to point the led end down instead of horizontal for a few drags. also try to take slow, even drags; its a different type of pull than with regular cigs.
No, these were pre-filled. The other issue was that there was hardly any vapor to speak of, so with that in mind, the reseller thought it was a poorly-constructed atomizer that was actually too large and forcing the liquid out of the cartridge. This was why I wanted to go with the Magnum, because there's less guesswork to it.

in regards to taste, it seems to be the general consensus and also my personal experience that there is no flavor that exactly mimics tobacco flavor.
I suppose the better question would be "is it close enough to be irrelevant?"
I certainly know better than to think it's exactly the same, but would it be close enough that I wouldn't actually miss the real thing?

maldaen

Feb 27, 2009
IMO who really wants anything close enough to the real thing. I was a menthol smoker because the minty taste masked the disgusting tabacco flavor.

I'm sure I'll get to that point myself some day, but I'm just not there yet. If it doesn't have a close enough taste, I run the risk of it "not being the same" and still smoking, which isn't what I want. I wanted to do this for the health benefits (and I was told it also reduces phlegm buildup, which I have a problem with in spades). So yeah, I want something that mimics the whole experience, even if not EXACTLY, but close enough.

seededcrown

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Medford, oregon, u.s.
You messed up when you ordered from epuffer. I too first ordered from them the eaze super mini. i wanted something that resembelled a cigarette. or so i thought. This thing sucked, the vapor amount, throat hit, battery time, and amount of liquid it holds. i sent it back for a refund, took me a month to get re-imberssed, i had to threaten to report them to the bbb before they would eveen acknowledge they recived the item i shipped back!....Anyways I got a dura from janty, and its awesome, i even ordered another one, now they fixed the battery problem, it should be even better, my dad prefers his 901 he got from e smokey treats ,,,these are both a couple i would recommend. :)

Hey!
I am new to the e-cig also. Just got mine yesterday, played with it for a spell last nite, then took it to work today to play with it when I had time. I have the 901 and after a little playing, but i discovered there is a certain amount of 'suck', so to speak, that it requires to acheive the desired effect. Too hard of a suck knocks the battery out as well as giving a rancid taste. I assume it is the liquid. As for flavor, I purchased a 'brand' flavor similar to what i used to smoke. I also experimented with what came with the cigarette as well as a experimenting with filling my own cartridge with a juice I purchased. I am finding it is a matter of trying different 'flavors' until you find one that suits you. I am still waiting for one more to come in, but the one in particular is close to what I had smoked before. Not perfect, but close enough. The first one I had tried tasted like a stale cigarette, but I figured it was a start! It was a familiar taste, unfortunately, but a start!!
I am no expert, as I said, I am starting, too. Play with it.
I did learn that tilting it towards the atomizer, as posted prior to my post, did help with the pre-loaded cartridge. Much better vapor and no rancid taste! Also, I discovered that if you toke on it first, like a cigar, and see the vapor, you start to get a customed to the amount of suck needed to produce a good 'hit'. Now I feel like an old pro! No initial toke to see if am doing it right. It is almost natural as analog smoking. And I smoked in public with other associates, and no one said a thing! Not even a question or funny look.
Keep playing. I know I am hooked and SO HAPPY!!! After one day no less! I dont feel guilty anymore for 'smoking'!
Thanks to all on the forum for unknowingly showing me a better way!!

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
I want something that mimics the whole experience, even if not EXACTLY, but close enough.

THAT (mimic) you can get (depending on your definition of "close enough".) Vaping is NOT cigarette smoking. Never will be, never can be. Nothing will ever taste completely like burning tobacco. If you wish to avoid smoking cigarettes by substituting vaping you need to do the following:

1. Forget about "replicating" the flavor of a cigarette. Instead, focus on finding a flavor you like and be open to experimenting a bit. That is a huge advantage of vaping over smoking; you actually have a lot of variety.

2. Resign yourself to the fact that it will take some effort to work out the technical details of feeding your habit. It's just NOT as easy as buying a pack of smokes and lighting up. Juggling batteries, carts, atomizers, liquids, etc can be intimidating OR it can be a lot like a hobby with the benefit of not having burning tobacco around you. It all depends on your attitude.

3. Realize you are an addict. Period. No way around this. You can try to give up everything and "recover" or you can satiate it in any way you see fit. IMHO vaping is preferable to cigs but your mileage may vary.

4. Educate yourself. This forum is a great starting point, but don't limit yourself. Seek out all the info you can get. I'm confident that the more you learn about vaping, the better you will feel about doing it.

I have to stop preaching now, or I may have to give myself the dark finger.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
No dark finger Jaaxx, you hit it right on the head, in my opinion. Regular smoking will NEVER be repalced, but a happy medium can be found. Keep playing and satisfaction can be be found. And the variety is phenominal!
It was fantastic sitting in the hot tub tonite, toking on a Marlboro Light e-cig in one hand and a Corona and lime in the other, forgetting the trauma and drama of the day!! First time I did that in a year!! The Marlboro wasnt perfect, but satisfying enough!!

maldaen

Feb 27, 2009
most people i let try the e-cig seem to think it tastes quite a bit like an analog. not the same but close enough. you have to want to quit. if you think it will be exactaly the same you will fail.

Yeah, I know. I figure it'll take some time getting used to it, because it IS different. I think it was just the shakeup of my first experience being sucking on a stick that tastes like a medicinal gel that really had me concerned. "Quite a bit" like an analog cigarette sounds good to me. Good enough to reconsider the whole thing and give it another swing.

Bulldog44

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Raleigh NC
THAT (mimic) you can get (depending on your definition of "close enough".) Vaping is NOT cigarette smoking. Never will be, never can be. Nothing will ever taste completely like burning tobacco. If you wish to avoid smoking cigarettes by substituting vaping you need to do the following:

1. Forget about "replicating" the flavor of a cigarette. Instead, focus on finding a flavor you like and be open to experimenting a bit. That is a huge advantage of vaping over smoking; you actually have a lot of variety.

2. Resign yourself to the fact that it will take some effort to work out the technical details of feeding your habit. It's just NOT as easy as buying a pack of smokes and lighting up. Juggling batteries, carts, atomizers, liquids, etc can be intimidating OR it can be a lot like a hobby with the benefit of not having burning tobacco around you. It all depends on your attitude.

3. Realize you are an addict. Period. No way around this. You can try to give up everything and "recover" or you can satiate it in any way you see fit. IMHO vaping is preferable to cigs but your mileage may vary.

4. Educate yourself. This forum is a great starting point, but don't limit yourself. Seek out all the info you can get. I'm confident that the more you learn about vaping, the better you will feel about doing it.

I have to stop preaching now, or I may have to give myself the dark finger.

Enjoy.

Actually I thought this was a great post. One of the best I have read on here. Add 8 more and you can start Vapers Anonymous. :)

1. We admitted we were powerless over cigarettes - that our lungs had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that an electronic cigarette may be greater than an analog.

3. Made a decision to buy a starter kit and patiently waited.

4. Made a searching and fearless inventory and realized we needed more batteries, atomizers and different juices.

5. Admitted to many other human beings that we felt better and didn't care how weird it looked.

6. Were entirely ready to give up the analogs.

7. Humbly bought another model to try it out.

8. Made a list of more replacement parts and juices we needed.

9. Made direct purchases and just for the heck of it looked at other models as well.

10. Continued to add to our personal inventory.

11. Sought through prayer, research, and meditation to improve our collection of ecigs.

12. Having had a physical cleansing as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to analog smokers , especially those we know personally so when we run out of carts, juices, or other supplies we can bum some off of them.

My name is Bulldog and I am a Vaper.

I'm sure I'll get to that point myself some day, but I'm just not there yet. If it doesn't have a close enough taste, I run the risk of it "not being the same" and still smoking, which isn't what I want. I wanted to do this for the health benefits (and I was told it also reduces phlegm buildup, which I have a problem with in spades). So yeah, I want something that mimics the whole experience, even if not EXACTLY, but close enough.

Dude, just keep trying till you get the right combination. Believe me you will love it.

I tend to do everything to the limit and if your anything like me all traditional smoking will do is lead to alot of health problems. I smoked myself right into having issues with my lungs and blood pressure. Not anything I'm sure won't go away, but i can definitely feel the difference. I smoked many different reasons, initially it was pleasure, then it was to relieve stress, then it was out of habit, eventually it became seeing how far I could take my body before God would tap me on the shoulder and tell me to change. Knowing that everybody needs to eat and alot of people eat behind cigarettes, I played with the temptation to try to overcome it but could not and have opted for e-cigarettes. To me everything should be acceptable so if you can smoke and still feel good more power to you, but if your looking for an alternative give e-cigs a chance.

I respect my body and love it but have abused it, the past week I have spent e-smoking has been a blessing and I can't wait to try out all the different variations. E-smoking is the sh*t. Once I got past the initial nicotine overdose symptoms and adjusted the level of nicotine properly I've been loving it. Even having a faulty atomizer has been a blessing, toking like crazy to get a good hit has made my lungs open up and has me breathing ten times better than before. I'm loving the whole experience and welcome the change and if you've even gotten to the point that your looking for an alternative you should welcome the change too.

In my opinion analogs suck and always have, I just loved the buzz they gave me initially. E-cigs have brought me back to the buzz I first experienced and fell in love with. If I pace myself properly starting at the lowest nicotine level that affects me and working my way up from there, I can enjoy it all over again for an extended period of time with none of the side effects..

Good Luck, God Bless, and Happy, Healthy, Vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread