Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
Just saw my first infomercial for e-cigs. It was for a cig a like by the name of Alternacig. I don't like they they are advocating using it in a movie theater and etc. They even have some testimonials of people advocating vaping on planes. Anyone else seen this infomercial?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Not yet..... the infomercial is not doing vapers any good if they are advocating vapoing in venues where it may cause others to get upset thinking it is smoking. I've only seen a few commercials on TV with celebs touting the advantages of vaping so far. Will have to keep an eye out for what you saw.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Just saw my first infomercial for e-cigs. It was for a cig a like by the name of Alternacig. I don't like they they are advocating using it in a movie theater and etc. They even have some testimonials of people advocating vaping on planes. Anyone else seen this infomercial?

I haven't seen the commercial, but that highlighted portion bugs the crap out of me.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
I'm all for individual freedoms, don't get me wrong. I'm also all for spreading the knowledge that Vaping is a much healthier/safer alternative to smoking. But, cause there's always a but, advocating do it anywhere you feel like it is not the correct response right now. With all the proposed regulations trying to be placed on us, I can't see vaping away wherever a person wants being helpful. It's still a new technology, and if we want it stay as a viable solution/hobby, I personally think we need use a little restraint. As it gets more approval, perhaps we'll see a vaping area in airports, or options to sit in vaping sections on a plane. But with all the misinformation being spread right now, I just don't see it being helpful at this point. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would go straight back to analogs if vaping gets banned. I'd prefer to not do that.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
This is starting to get into "personal space" territory. Vaping is still so new and on the edge so to speak and as a group vapers must be very aware of others feelings and biases toward vaping. We should not just vape anywhere we want just because we think it's OK. That to me would be a recipe for trouble. At least ask first and even beyond that try to find out if the space you are in does indeed allow vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread