Status
Not open for further replies.

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
What is a smoke free tobacco company, isn't that an oxymoron? Trying to wrap my head around that :) bnrk

You are looking at it the wrong way, Lorilard is not a tobacco company, they are, a company that deals in tobacco.

I have no idea how many people are on their board of directors, but I'd bet that if there are 10, at least 5 have never used tobacco, reason, they are a business, one that makes money, the only thing the higher ups care about is big fat stacks of cash. The average person that high up cares less whether its tobacco or tire irons, its all about the cash.

The sooner we in the vaping comunity figure that out, the better off we will be, we paint these guys as pure evil, when in reality they are just plain old greedy. Greed can be used to our favor, i can deal with a greedy person, the person with the spending power has the ultimate power.

Lorilard didn't buy Blu because they care about our health, they bought it because their concern is the health of their bank accounts.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
What is a smoke free tobacco company, isn't that an oxymoron? Trying to wrap my head around that :) bnrk

Star Tobacco Inc. (Star Scientific) is a smoke-free tobacco company. They do not make cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, etc. They only make tobacco products which are not smoked.

U.S.Smokeless Tobacco Company is the company the Lorillard CEO came from and they only make moist snuff products. They were bought by Altria in 2008.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Lorilard didn't buy Blu because they care about our health, they bought it because their concern is the health of their bank accounts.
As is the case with 99% of the companies who make and/or sell e-cigarettes. E-cigarette vendors don't sell e-cigarettes out of the goodness of their hearts or else they'd be giving the stuff away. They sell e-cigarettes because they saw the potential to make money and feel good about themselves. People forget that most big corporations started out with an idea from one or two innovators and they grew because their products were in demand and investors big and small jumped on the band wagon. Most average workers who get retirement plans to contribute to (that use diverse investment portfolios) are just as much a part of the corporate machine as any other stockholder. Those "greedy corporations that only care about profits for stockholders" are most likely a significant part of what is growing your retirement fund, because you are one of those stockholders.

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
Thanks again. I've been trying to get my dad to switch but he won't stay on e-cigs because he claims he can't find a flavor that he likes enough. Maybe another option will help.

You might find this page on the CASAA site interesting too: Smokefree Types

These are the smoke-free products (in addition to e-cigs) CASAA encourages smokers to try as part of a tobacco harm reduction policy.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Star Tobacco Inc. (Star Scientific) is a smoke-free tobacco company. They do not make cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, etc. They only make tobacco products which are not smoked.

U.S.Smokeless Tobacco Company is the company the Lorillard CEO came from and they only make moist snuff products. They were bought by Altria in 2008.

Ahhhhhh, that makes sense, thanks for helping me out, I actually did not know some tobacco co's were for only smokeless tobacco. bnrk

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Hey having them against vapor could be a good thing. Being for it would be bad. I want them to stay the heck out of vapor. If the same Co's that give us the Baby smoker advertising in Third world countries would go against it that would be a badge of honor. If they got into it then they would muck it up. Few things would make me happier than to hear that philip morris were to go bust. Ain't going to happen they got to much power but I can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread