First Liquid Barn order and mixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSteve

Mar 10, 2019
Politicians in my city and state beginning to murmur about flavor bans made me start thinking about stockpiling and DIY (I've been vaping about 8 months). So, I placed an order with Liquid Barn.

I mixed 5 60ml bottles - vanilla ice cream, peach, and Water Melone in 12mg and Kings Custard and banana in 24mg salt. They've been steeping for a week and I let them breathe for a few minutes a day.

I've tried peach, Water Malone, and banana so far, they're ok. I'm definitely used to sweeter commercial liquids. I was not very into the vanilla ice cream, I think it needs to steep longer. I also have several flavors I haven't mixed yet, including pina colada, cinnamon roll, strawberry cheese cake, and pink lemonade.

Any Liquid Barn fans? Any suggestions or recommendations?

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Politicians in my city and state beginning to murmur about flavor bans made me start thinking about stockpiling and DIY (I've been vaping about 8 months). So, I placed an order with Liquid Barn.

I mixed 5 60ml bottles - vanilla ice cream, peach, and Water Melone in 12mg and Kings Custard and banana in 24mg salt. They've been steeping for a week and I let them breathe for a few minutes a day.

I've tried peach, Water Malone, and banana so far, they're ok. I'm definitely used to sweeter commercial liquids. I was not very into the vanilla ice cream, I think it needs to steep longer. I also have several flavors I haven't mixed yet, including pina colada, cinnamon roll, strawberry cheese cake, and pink lemonade.

If you like sweeter, add some sweetener. I like sweet juices, also. I never let them breathe, unless they have alcohol in them.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA

5 ea, 60ml bottles of first time mixing may be a little optimistic.
    I try to make it easy, I stick to a 4 week steeping period on all mixes minimum.Why?:
    If good after 4 weeks or more, I've got a good keeper.
    If bad after 4 weeks or more, I will likely never improve a bad mix.
    If a shake and vape turns bad after 4 weeks, good luck in trying to remember what's a shake&vape mix. There are way too many mixes out there that don't require special short term considerations for me.
    "Politicians in my city and state beginning to murmur about flavor bans"
    Might wish to fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
    On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
    Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
    In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
    re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

MetalSteve

Mar 10, 2019

5 ea, 60ml bottles of first time mixing may be a little optimistic.
    I try to make it easy, I stick to a 4 week steeping period on all mixes minimum.Why?:
    If good after 4 weeks or more, I've got a good keeper.
    If bad after 4 weeks or more, I will likely never improve a bad mix.
    If a shake and vape turns bad after 4 weeks, good luck in trying to remember what's a shake&vape mix. There are way too many mixes out there that don't require special short term considerations for me.
    "Politicians in my city and state beginning to murmur about flavor bans"
    Might wish to fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
    On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
    Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
    In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
    re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Thanks for the suggestions and birthday wishes!

I'm going to make smaller batches of a few more flavors and see what a month steeping does for all of them.

Reactions: BrotherBob

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Update: after watching some DIY or DIE videos on YouTube, I realized that my Liquid Barn sweetener is ethyl maltol. I picked up a bottle of Capella Super Sweet, added a few drops to each bottle, and it's night and day.

Yeah CAP super sweet is magic - it turned my diy mixes around too. I started by using an ethyl maltol sweetener, but found it gave mouth feel and not much else. Super sweet gives you sweetness and that sugar lips taste.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    www.e-cigarette-forum.com
    Update: after watching some DIY or DIE videos on YouTube, I realized that my Liquid Barn sweetener is ethyl maltol. I picked up a bottle of Capella Super Sweet, added a few drops to each bottle, and it's night and day.

ethyl maltol will dull flavors after some time. Best to stay with sweeteners

Sorry for double post

MetalSteve

Mar 10, 2019
    ethyl maltol will dull flavors after some time. Best to stay with sweeteners

Yeah, thank you. This was a lot of the problem with my first batch. It's literally just called "sweetener" and it didn't occur to me that it wouldn't be the right sweetener to use.

I've been enjoying vanilla ice cream and Water Malone with a couple of drops of CAP super sweet since I got to the bottom of this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread