First mix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

openbeerz

Sep 7, 2009
So I learned alot by reading in the diy section. I was off to a bad start with liquid barns nic salt it was way to harsh. I got new nic from nicotine river and made my first mix 50 50 mix. I tried to make a strawberry cream and although it does not taste like I thought it would maybe it needs to steep but it is definitely vapeable and taste better than every nicsalt I have bought. The nicotine is so smooth but still has a nice thump to it. I am definitely hooked to this diy and cant wait to try some different recipes. Wish I would have done this years ago.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I am definitely hooked to this diy and cant wait to try some different recipes. Wish I would have done this years ago.

It's easy to get hooked on it, and it just gets better the more you actually do it, try different recipes, etc. If you're planning to vape for years to come...there are things to consider now, that will allow you to do that.

Buying PG, VG, and flavorings used in DIY eliquids likely won't be a problem in the future, because they are all used in other things, too, that have nothing to do with vaping. However, the availability and pricing of nicotine base probably WILL be a problem! Even IF the hammer doesn't fall on nic base being available...there are more and more states with bills in the works to limit purchasing vape related items online. That, and the proposed HUGE tax on nicotine base (about $2,780/Liter)...is something to seriously consider now, while you can still buy nicotine base.

What many of us who DIY have done is use a Vapocolypse Calculator to determine how many Liters of nic base we'd need to buy and stash for the future. It's based on what mg we make our finished DIY, how many mL we vape daily, what mg/mL nic base we buy to make our DIY, and the quantity we buy it in (ie. 120mL bottle, Liter, etc.). The Calculator will figure out how much you'll need per year, for 5 years, for 10 years, etc.

Many of us have bought our nic base by the Liter, in 100mg/mL strength, from Heartland Vapes. Their regular price for their House Nic Base is only $44.99/Liter. They've had sales, too, for $10 off each Liter, several times in the last few months. They also have Free S/H at $50 and up. It's very good quality nic base, too, from what many people have said, so don't let the low price fool you into thinking it's not.

There are threads here that will help explain the proper way to rebottle it for longterm freezer storage, too. In fact, Heartland Vapes also carries the bottles and caps with the polycone liners in them that are recommended to use. If you got your nic base from them + the bottles & caps...you'd no doubt hit the Free S/H order amount, too.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I tried to make a strawberry cream and although it does not taste like I thought it would maybe it needs to steep
"The best method of steeping for a frugal vaper is just that, steeping(well, aging, but for some reason the term steeping stuck.) This method, you literally age your juice as you would a wine, bourbon, or hot sauce. You take your bottles, put them somewhere cool and dark, and wait. Creams and tobaccos(bold flavors) require a longer steep than fruits and candies("fresh" flavors.) If you are new to DIY, I highly recommend starting with fruit flavors, since patience is definitely a learned trait."
re DIY Mythbusting : DIY_eJuice

openbeerz

Sep 7, 2009
"The best method of steeping for a frugal vaper is just that, steeping(well, aging, but for some reason the term steeping stuck.) This method, you literally age your juice as you would a wine, bourbon, or hot sauce. You take your bottles, put them somewhere cool and dark, and wait. Creams and tobaccos(bold flavors) require a longer steep than fruits and candies("fresh" flavors.) If you are new to DIY, I highly recommend starting with fruit flavors, since patience is definitely a learned trait."
re DIY Mythbusting : DIY_eJuice
Ok thanks. Yeah I made another strawberry and cream 15ml and stored it in my medicine cabinet. I have some fruit flavors coming in the mail. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread