First mech's / Battery help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostedflames

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Hi all I finally broke down and picked up two mechs, I got clones as I already own some "brand name" devices like my ZAP and the Russian :vapor: while my friends are out buying clones.

I just have a question on batteries I have a nice supply of random batteries some besides the normal Red AW's I get from Provape. I'm trying to figure out if these batteries are safe at all as I am kinda sketched out by anything not Red with a AW sticker lol. I have a Efest 2000 mAH IMR 186500 (V1)?, Trustfire 2400mAH 18650, EH 1100mAH IMR 18500, and a Blue wrapper flat top 1500mAh 18500 from Mtbaker.

I plan on just using the Red AW's but it would be cool to use these other four batteries for something

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
At the end of the day, it all depends upon what juice attachment you will be putting on top of your mechs. All of those batteries listed will "work". Whether they will be best for your desired juice attachment and be the safest of the options of batteries available depends how you plan to use them.

If you are going to be using attachments with pre-built low and standard resistance coils, the AW & Efest batteries and protected Trustfires will work and be safe.

If you are going to be using your RBA's, I'd only use the IMR's (AW & Efests), and I would use them only for coils 0.7 ohm or higher (10 amp limit). I would not use the protected Trustfires; they are not a high drain battery (inadequate amp limit).

If you are building sub ohm coils less than 0.7 ohm, you'll need a battery which has an amp rating of over 10 amps. List of batteries with Amp ratings

As for your no-name brandless blue 18500 battery, you will have no way to know its specifications so you should consider these batteries to be unsafe to use in a mod.

Frostedflames

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for the reply and the really useful link :D I don't plan on building anything lower than 1 really maybe .8 if it happens but I'm not aiming to sub-ohm.

I have a Atty ohm checker box along with the Provari to check the charge on the 490's and the Lavatube lol to check the 650's. I have nothing to check my 350 though but I'm pretty sure I'll figure out the feel of it dropping off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread