First mishap :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAlert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
NJ
Just melted my spring for the first time ever. Thankfully I had a spare so I swapped that out and it seems to work fine, outside of having to push the button further since it melted a little bit. Already PMed Robert, hopefully he has a spare he can sell me with a spare spring.

Now my question is, is the battery still good to use? It is an AW IMR, and it dropped free when the spring collapsed. Still metered fine and charged right up, just making sure so half my face (albeit not pretty already) doesnt end up sitting shotgun next to me:)

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
I'm no expert, mind you, but as long as it meters where it should it should be fine. If it were me, I'd prime the atty and fire it before i put it near my face. From what I remember, the first use after charging on an over charged battery is the most dangerous. Honestly, though...if it makes you uncomfortable, mark that battery and take it out of rotation until you are convinced its safe to use.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
20a260341e4fcfe74195de868bd1838de8d.gif

oh poo!

Hi RedAlert, so sorry to read that happened to ya :(
If the battery is working it might have been the atty - check that out too and to be on the safe side, don't use that atty on your REO again or it will collapse the spring again!!! :shock:

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Just melted my spring for the first time ever. Thankfully I had a spare so I swapped that out and it seems to work fine, outside of having to push the button further since it melted a little bit. Already PMed Robert, hopefully he has a spare he can sell me with a spare spring.

Now my question is, is the battery still good to use? It is an AW IMR, and it dropped free when the spring collapsed. Still metered fine and charged right up, just making sure so half my face (albeit not pretty already) doesnt end up sitting shotgun next to me:)

AW IMR's are safe chemistry, they'll vent gas but won't explode - your face is safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread