First off... We messed up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt83

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
United States
As most of you have seen or heard, this week has been one issue after another. Between servers and internet outages, mixed with pure chaos of the new office we messed up. Our goal is to always have orders shipped in 1-2 business days. We missed that goal by a crazy amount this week. Some orders from the 20th on still have not shipped. It is unacceptable and we will make damn sure it does not happen again.

So here is a FAQ put together from questions and email we have received:

Why the delay?
Due to the technical issues only 1 lab was in working condition on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. This caused a back log of 400+ orders and 4 wholesale orders. While the technical reasons are fixed now we are still working on some bugs.

Why the hell are you not picking up my damn phone calls?!
We use a VOIP PBX system that has been down and is still buggy. The company that in charge of this has promised that it will be back to 100% no later than Monday morning. We honestly did not get it the chance to pick up and when we would sometimes the connection was so bad we would be disconnected. Starting Monday two new employees will be taking your calls from 12pm until 8pm at night. Try not to give Amber and Jenna to much crap!

What about my emails? You did not reply to those!
Same reasons sadly. Our email server was not transferring email properly and we are still trying to find all of them. It does seem to be working normal now.

What happens next time? How are you preventing this BS from happening again?
We are moving to a new cloud computing system that will allow us to piggy back on to the Amazon AWS system and their Workspaces services. In the future if the internet is down we can simply connect from a different office. Also email will be moved to a new hosted service and will no longer be hosted in office to prevent future issues.

Well I was having problems with the website all weekend. Was that down too?
Ahh the website... MagentoGo is closing down and we are finding more bugs that are no longer being fixed. We are in the process of designing a whole new website to migrate to before September. Remember if you are having troubles you can always email use and we can send you a PayPal invoice. (We do ask for a $25 min order please)

If you are so far behind how are you going to get caught up and even stay caught up?
Before Killer juice was open from 10am - 4pm. Starting this Monday we are moving to a new 2 shift schedule, Opening from 9am until 8pm. Also we will now be open on Saturday from 12pm - 6pm. This will allow us to better fill the higher demand for our sales while ensuring the fastest ship times.

Still this is bull ....... I want free stuff to make up for all my troubles!!!
We are looking in to a way to thank all of our customers for putting up with these troubles and promise a nice present soon.

I have more questions!
Sure email me personally at walt@killer-juice.com
Sometimes I can go days without checking my PMs on here due to my crazy travel schedule. I promise I am not blocking you out.

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
We still lobe you hope you get everything worked out

sig-153231.jpg

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Belle Rive, Illinois, United States
To all those who make the comments this is bull give me free stuff all I have to say is grow up and realize .... happens. Walt and Killer juice have the best customer service I've seen In this industry.

Yea sometimes things happen you don't like but demanding free product is ridiculous and outrageous. Should I demand you give me 5 bucks because I don't like your attitude bet you wouldn't like that much would you?

That said Walt you and your employees keep up the awesome job and keep pumping out the quality juice at crazy prices.

kd2751

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Near Charlotte, NC USA
Wow. What a week. Hate it for you-moving is such a *****. As a small business owner I am very familiar with the fact that you never have a problem; you have problems. Just when you think you got it handled something else pops up. It's like wack-a-mole. Thank goodness that eventually it settles down...until the next time. Hang in there.

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
Walt, I have been with you pretty much since the beginning and all I can say is that you have us spoiled. What I remember isn't order fails or order successes but how you eased my fears the day before the FDA proposed regulations were released. The proposal was released the next day and it was a 'Chicken Little" moment for many, but you had taken the time and assured us that we would all get through this together and that you had our back no matter what the outcome would be. I have watched you work toward that goal ever since. I have watched you keep postage down by paying part out of your own paycheck, the same with the USO donations and so on and so forth. I have seen you deal with order problems and as far as I know, they all eventually have been resolved. We are all human, even you!!! We all make mistakes but it is how we deal with that mistake that matters and so far, from my viewpoint, you have either met or exceeded expectations. You have truly spoiled many of us.

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
Growing pains. They suck. May not seem so trivial right now, but indeed they are. Youre moving up. Killer Juice and its customers will benefit. Take care of the internal issues, bite the bullet and eat the smaller problems, the more outlandish do the best you can and what you cant or arent reasonable you pass off. Most of the more extreme arent going to be long term customers anyhow. Those folks work on a hit and run.

Been in business for myself and working with the public is most enjoyable career ive ever had, and the most frustrating. Have a customer bring a vehicle in for exhaust, only to return and tell you you screwed up their radio....impossible, but you fix it and move on. Overhaul an engine for a farmer and before he pays you, asks if you will "do it for the church". Some folks wants something for nothing.

Take great pride in your work. Do the best job possible. Pass by those who will take advantage of you. For every one of "those" people there are a hundred more who will scrape their last dime together to buy from you. Aint easy Walt, and though I like to pick, youre off to a great start. Keep up the good work!

demlevis

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2014
Omaha, NE
Walt, no worries. Stuff happens...it's not whether you have problems/make mistakes/get swamped that counts - we all do, it's a reality of life & business - the important thing is how you respond when these things happen. I, for one, am behind you. You've earned my respect, loyalty, and support.

Besides...I ordered Thursday and had my order by the following Thursday. Not really feeling like that's an unacceptable time frame...

Renegayde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
Belleville Illinois
Is the 99 cent sales juices pre steeped or does it need some laying around time? Also can you request different PG and VG ratios on the these? 60 VG is just to much for me.

yes you can request different PG/VG ratios.....just put it in the item comments.......the house ratio juice is ultra sonic'd ....I can comment as to the special request juice when you request a different ratio........Walt should be around soon he can let you know if they ultra sonic it as well before shipping

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
I had to buy Volt "ice menthol" at the local B&M for the Wife who is currently struggling with the analogs. I have an order in for the KJ DIY kit which is in transit.

To put things in perspective it was $13.99 ($15.00 with Tax) for 30ml and it is MADE IN CHINA. We are spoiled, $4.99 for most 15ml on KJ's site.

Michigan is one notch above China but still (Go Bucks) [emoji14] j/k

Cariessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Indiana, United States
I'm a newcomer to the Killer fan club, but I'm not going anywhere else for my vaping needs. As I'm sure you can all tell by my pic, I'm a military parent. All branches of our military hold a special place in my heart as do all organizations that support the military. Businesses that support the military will ALWAYS get my business over another, especially ones with an excellent product and customer service.

The USO holds a special place for me. I was stunned by everything they did for my son and me. There's a USO in almost every airport with snacks and meals, showers, games and toys for the kiddies, TV's, computers and huge recliners and sofa's for napping. Most also have pre-paid phone cards to hand out to service members and any number of other helpful services. All at no cost to service members, veterans and their families, funded by donations and operated by volunteers. (The next time you're in a major airport go to the food court, buy a couple pizza's and have them taken down to the USO. Some Mother's son or daughter will love you for it)

We don't get Vape-mail at my house, we get Killer-mail, and Killer-mail day is always a good day :)

Word of Walt's blitz sales brought me to Killer, but the quality of his product, his customer service and especially his support of the USO will keep me coming back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread