Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I have had a $45 Telescope for a couple months now and wanted to get a P+ for a while now. So I sold off a lot of my rba's and bought a used P+ 18650. What has me baffled is that this P+ should hit harder then the Telescope but its not. Its worse. I must be doing something wrong? First I have the o-rings in so that it has some tension and battery will not move (2 o-rings). Next I have tried 3 washers and also 2 washers for the switch. Both ways the P+ will fire no problem but it makes no diff in the power output.

The coating is also still like new so I don't get it. At this point I have no idea what the issue could be. I am using a AGA-T .9 ohms. Tried a MNKE 18650 and a panasonic 18650. Used the same battery and the same Atty on the Telescope and it hits harder. Any help?

Nicblazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
So there's no confusion, Striker (though I doubt it :) )

9u3ezugu.jpg

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Striker,

Check your base negative screw. Make sure that it is REALLY tight to the base. A loose screw will cause weak and intermittent firing.
I just tightened my screw down by hand. Its okay to use a screwdriver on it and not hurt the coating?

also clean the threads on the body and the caps at both ends as well as the switch body sides, even though stainless oxidizes very slowly i still find these areas need to be cleaned about once a month to keep it performing.

Okay giving that a go as well. Thanks, and will report back.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
So there's no confusion, Striker (though I doubt it :) )
LOL. Got it. I wonder if I have the correct washers. They have a lot of play as in the center hole where the screw goes in the middle of the washer allows a lot of play making the washers go off centered. Is that normal?

Nicblazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
I just tightened my screw down by hand. Its okay to use a screwdriver on it and not hurt the coating?

Okay giving that a go as well. Thanks, and will report back.

I'm not gonna lie to you, Striker. I always tightened mine by hand, no screwdriver ever touched my P+. Though, David says its alright, and that's why the post has a cross head.

Take care,

Nic

Nicblazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
LOL. Got it. I wonder if I have the correct washers. They have a lot of play as in the center hole where the screw goes in the middle of the washer allows a lot of play making the washers go off centered. Is that normal?

They go off centered even after tightened ? If not, you just have to make sure that they aren't way off centered to interfere with your spring ( kind of obvious, I know :facepalm: )

Nicblazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
K all thats done and It got better but still dont think its delivering quite as good as the Telescope. So strange. I cleaned the entire set up from top to bottom. : (

Striker,

Do you have a way to measure your P+ underload ? Voltage loss on the P+ is extreme rarely to be under .2volts if you are using a fully charged battery.

To give you an example, I was getting 3.98volts underload with a fresh charged battery at 4.18volts and a 1.1ohm RBA.

Last edited:

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Striker,

Do you have a way to measure your P+ underload ? Voltage loss on the P+ is extreme rarely to be under .02volts if you are using a fully charged battery.

To give you an example, I was getting 3.98volts underload with a fresh charged battery at 4.18volts and a 1.1ohm RBA.

I can do that but have to wait a few hours till my wife gets home. I could hold the test leads but can not activate the switch at the same time.

Nicblazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
I can do that but have to wait a few hours till my wife gets home. I could hold the test leads but can not activate the switch at the same time.

Lol :) ! Ok, Striker. Let me know how it goes, bro. I'm heading to bed. Take care man, and no worries, eventually we will figure your P+, and then you really gonna know why the the peeps around here love their P+.

Goodnight, Striker.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Got 3.26V under load testing from the + & - post's on a Genesis Atty with 0.7 ohms of resistance. Took the Panasonic 18650 out and it tested at 3.82V. :facepalm:

Welcome Striker,

Unloaded it should read 4.2 if your battery is fully charged. I assume you tightened the center post down tight with a screwdriver? No worries, you won't hurt the Rhodium. Having a finger tight center post is akin to having a loose battery cable on your car and will give weak or intermittent firing problems. Also, wash out the top cap juice well/atomizer with warm water, soap and a toothbrush, gunk built up in their can affect it.

Those things being addressed and its still not working, since it's used, i'd recommend sending it in for a freshen up. We'll disassemble it, clean it, refinish, reassemble and test it for you, all for free! Send an email to supertmanufacturing@yahoo.com if you'd like this done.

David

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Welcome Striker,

Unloaded it should read 4.2 if your battery is fully charged. I assume you tightened the center post down tight with a screwdriver? No worries, you won't hurt the Rhodium. Having a finger tight center post is akin to having a loose battery cable on your car and will give weak or intermittent firing problems. Also, wash out the top cap juice well/atomizer with warm water, soap and a toothbrush, gunk built up in their can affect it.

Those things being addressed and its still not working, since it's used, i'd recommend sending it in for a freshen up. We'll disassemble it, clean it, refinish, reassemble and test it for you, all for free! Send an email to supertmanufacturing@yahoo.com if you'd like this done.

David
Wow you do this for free. What a awesome service. I believe you just saved me from a bad purchase. Ultimately I bet everything suggested was already done by the previous owner and that's probably why it was in the classifieds to begin with. Its in good shape otherwise and I gave top dollar for it. So I will just send it in and see what your service turns up. I only hear good things about the P+ and im sure its for a reason. If I need to send this battery with it I can do that as well. Email incoming. Thank You.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Wow you do this for free. What a awesome service. I believe you just saved me from a bad purchase. Ultimately I bet everything suggested was already done by the previous owner and that's probably why it was in the classifieds to begin with. Its in good shape otherwise and I gave top dollar for it. So I will just send it in and see what your service turns up. I only hear good things about the P+ and im sure its for a reason. If I need to send this battery with it I can do that as well. Email incoming. Thank You.

David will even re-fresh the finish for you... Belive me Striker P+s hit as hard but usually harder, than anything is their class.... Rhodium Rocks!

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

You're welcome. The PrecisePlus comes with a lifetime warranty, which includes a lifetime refinish warranty too :) You probably should include the battery too so we can eliminate that as a possible culprit. I have a computerized load tester for batteries and will run it through a test too.

thatick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
United States
once david takes care of it for u u wont be disappointed. I sold all my GGs cause the P+ hit that much harder. Period

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
once david takes care of it for u u wont be disappointed. I sold all my GGs cause the P+ hit that much harder. Period

Thats impressive. Never had a GG but im already glad I have a P+ even if its not as good as id hope. Service is everything and it should be the beast everyone is talking about once I get it back. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread