First post from lurker

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyd

Sep 30, 2013
hanover, p.a.
Hello all. Im pretty new to all this vaping stuff. Been lurking around on here getting help when I need it. Bought my first starter kit about 6 months ago which consisted of 2 ego C twist 650 mah batteries with stardust heads. Had problems with leakage and burnt taste which sent me back to smoking cigs. Im back trying again now with my same batteries, but trying a kanger protank 2. So far I am liking this setup better. No leaks at least. Though the flavor of my juice doesnt seem to be as good as when the stardust was working properly. Im wondering if the 2.5 ohm attys that came with the protank are a good match for my 650 twists. Thinking of ordering some 1.8 ohms. Any thoughts on this or anything else that may help my experience with what I currently have. Or maybe possibly ideas for inexpensive ways to improve the vape for this head? Thanks in advance for any replies.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Welcome to ECF, dannyd, and I'm glad you've joined us! I use the protank, love it, have been using the 2.5 heads but just yesterday decided to hit my local vape shop today to pick up some 1.8 heads, as so many people are saying how it improves the vape. I think you're on the right track. Definitely worth giving the 1.8s a try, IMO.

Vape on! :vapor: :thumbs: :vapor:

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
Welcome to the site and community, glad to see that you've gone from lurking to participating!

My experience matches yours. eGo batteries, especially those that are non-VV have a very narrow "sweet spot" when it comes to the resistance of the atomizer. 1.5 to 2.0 ohms is where most folks find they get the best balance. Going much lower than that and the battery will start to have issues.

Most eGo-style batteries (except for those who can vary voltage with a dial/twist/spin) are in the 3.2 to 3.3 volt range. As you can see on the graphic, that is considered "low end" of voltage output and puts their effective area into the lower (but not TOO low) range of where they best match up with heads regarding resistance. The "spinners" can up their voltage, increase the power to the coils and are more flexible when it comes to what they are attached to.

IHXrqqA.png

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
One other question for you guys and gals. When I want to switch liquid in my protank, can I run it dry. Or do I have to sacrifice the last bit of juice? Also how often and how do you guys clean yours?

I would transfer the juice to another container and then clean the tank and parts. Or, better yet, get ANOTHER tank for a new juice....lol

dannyd

Sep 30, 2013
hanover, p.a.
Well the 1.8 is definitely better. Can get a bigger hit and feels like I have more control. My only problem now is how easy this twist twists. I have to check it every time I use it to make sure my voltage isnt up at 4.8 giving me that lovely burnt chemical flavor. Any ideas for a decent vv battery that would work well with the protank where the voltage snaps into place? Maybe something that doesnt break the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread