First post, need help with black fluxomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

x357rq

May 2, 2011
St.Louis
Well I did a lot of research and my first vaping purchase was a Puresmoker Icon, some Vaporking chocolate mint, and GotVapes solid black Fluxomizers since the clearomizers are sold out! Things are working pretty well, but it seems that the fluxomizers want to leak out of the bottom air holes when they are full. I have to screw them in pretty tight to the Icon to get them to contact the unit and fire up, I measured 2.5ohms of resistance on almost all of them, and they work well, but they want to leak! The leaking seems to come and go and I can't look inside of it to see if the air holes leak just due to the design, or if there is a problem. It's hard to search because if you search 'leaking fluxomizers' most people are talking about leaks through cracks or out of the top. I've learned how to take out the seals and fill it, replace the top without leaks...but the bottom is another story.

Sidenote, I have no sense of smell, congenital anosmia...and I can taste the mint, but not much of the chocolate...wa shoping since flavors are contained in water mist and usually food flavorings I would be able to taste it, but it seems that the chocolate flavoring is more scent based than taste based. Just an FYI. I'll probably be looking for a good menthol e-juice so I can enjoy the whole taste experience.

Anyway, glad to have this site as a research tool and I haven't touched an analog since purchase, it's been great!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I hate to say it but I think that may be a design issue. Go the the Got Vapes subforum towards the bottom of this forum and ask your question there. Somebody will be able to help you. Good luck!

Sorry! You can't post there yet. Well the suppliers can't post here either so why not try to get to your 5 posts so that you can post elsewhere on the forum? Just respond back to me and You will have 2 :)

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Fluxomizers are good for leaking out the airhole. Bottom line, the fluxo has to stay upright at all times. Juice will find it's way down the center tube and come out at the battery connection. Another cause is over wicking. To remedy this, take all the plugs out and re-insert them back in and see if it helps.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I'm gonna take a shot hear at answering your issue, the PV your using the Icon may have an issue using these carto's by the way your telling me you have to screw in your carto so tight, what happens is when you do this it is pushing your center post up to high on your carto. I would bet if you where using another PV you would be having this issue, I don't know if you have another PV or not but if you do try it, even if you have to use an adapter and I bet you will find they don't leak. ! just my diagnosis here for ya but I think it's the PV connector your Icon.!!

Try screwing that carto down till it just makes enough contact to work and see if it still leaks

x357rq

May 2, 2011
St.Louis
Well thanks for the advice everyone! With this particular fluxomizer I've resolved the issue by making sure not to drip it in the middle and everything is fine. I was worried about twisting the center post (and still am) so what I do is I hold the button on the icon down and screw it until it begins to fire the atomizer. I'm glad I have some mechanical ability...you have to remove plugs, reinsert them just right without breaking delicate parts, and then get everything just right to make sure these things work. I was dripping directly on the atomizer that came with the icon but this is soooo much better once you get everything setup right. Looks like I'll have to 'learn' each individual fluxomizer, but once you get each one figured out they are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread