• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Wonderful Idea. I finally finished my first fold?. At least I think I did. Old Soldier I can't agree more than to let Thrasher be the MODERATOR. He insipired a lot of members to join this and It's a fantastic Idea. Come on ECF lets rock their socks of and beat Cancer!!!!!! Way to many people die and are crippled from this stuff. Beat it down and find a cure.

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
And how do Iknow if I finished the fold?
When I got up it was at 99.37% and then when I came back in and checked the notebook it show 3.7%. Confusied but want to help.

Sounds like it completed and then started a new one. If you click on your name in the program it will take you to your statistics web page. If it completed properly it'll show WU = 1 :) sorry, my computer-speak is completely inept, but hope that helped.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Because I am soooo computer illiterate and I had to ask this question I would like to add: when you download the program, click 'run'. If you have a firewall and it asks if you want to give permission for this program to run on your computer, just make sure it is for Folding@Home or Stanford University and then click "Allow".

Hubby usually is the one that adds programs onto my computer and doesn't really take the time to explain everything.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Because I am soooo computer illiterate and I had to ask this question I would like to add: when you download the program, click 'run'. If you have a firewall and it asks if you want to give permission for this program to run on your computer, just make sure it is for Folding@Home or Stanford University and then click "Allow".

Hubby usually is the one that adds programs onto my computer and doesn't really take the time to explain everything.
Years ago I used to try to explain everything to my wife... now she just says just install it, i don't care how it works.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
Good morning everyone.

I tried to sneak into the team but OS caught me. :facepalm:

I folded until 11/5/12 for another team since 2008 on my MBP and collected 2mil+ points for them. Now I've taken Boinc off my iMac and am now folding for ECF. I am doing about 8800 + or - pts a day on my iMac.

Vape on - Fold on!

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
well been thinkin on stickies and you know how that goes - a million ideas until it's time to actually type something.

and the Mod? well if im not working im usually here anymore so I would be willing to give it a go and see what happens, cant be any worse then running guilds in a MMO lol :blink:

Been there, done that...modding is much easier ;)

Thanks much for the forum area OS!

I'm going to have to let my 2 folds finish and then kick my 2nd smp slot on my main rig :( It's keeping my processors pegged at 100%.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
you can always flip the cpu sliders down. just remember in smp its the cpu slider times the cores used. ex: 4 cores X 15% =60%

and if you adjust them you wont see the change until you close the program, then restart.

Thanks Thrasher. Right now I have slot 00 smp : 2/slot 01 smp : 2 on an Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800 Kentsfield 2.93GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 130W Quad-Core Processor with a Zalman cooling fan...both running at 100%

caitlin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Allentown, PA, USA
thrasher... told me what ejuice to buy my first time around. just sayin. ;)

another 1.8 days, give or take, til i finish my first folding project!! finally figured out why it was going so slowly and eating my computers brains at the same time... "oops, how'd i get more than one project started!" ;). now that i've fixed that issue, moving along at a much nicer clip and can even occasionally leave fah on while doing other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread