First rebuildable, iGo-L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
I just got my 1st rebuildable yesterday, an iGo-L. Managed to get a workable coil right off the bat, even if it was ugly. It read 3+ohm on the Provari. Dropped a coil and it hit 2.6. Gave it a vape and it was good. Hit harder at the same voltage (3.9v) as my 1.7ohm cartos. Interesting. Super clean flavor. I think I'm hooked, though my carto tanks will be my around town/work vape.

Now to the specs and the questions. I set it up with 34g kanthal, 2mm doubled up silica, 4/3 coil. I want more vapor w/out increasing the TH. I know my coil was pretty loose and increasing voltage only increased TH. Made sure the air hole was next to the coil too. Will widening the air hole be enough to increase vapor? Will a tighter coil w/more wraps produce more vapor?

I am going to try a tighter coil tonight w/32g kanthal. Hopefully that will help some.

SurphKid11

Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cherry Hill, NJ/Philly
i could be wrong but isnt a micro coil going to up ur resistance? what mod are you using? is it vv/vw or a mech? i suggest twisted coil, search youtube on how to twist your wire, the best and fastest way is with a drill. and quadruple your 2mm silica so ur coil will burn more juice at a time which will increase the vapor and def drill your air hole out. i love the igo l btw. i have 32g and 2mm silica i was tripling up on the silica and using a 3/2 wrap getting 1.6-1.7ohm. i just twisted my 32g and quadrupled up on my silica with a 3/2 wrap getting around 1.2-1.3 ohms, drilled my hole out to 1/16 and my 18650 battery is around 4 volts right now and its vaping like a FU**ING dreaaam. i still get a really good throat hit too, i dont think it really changed at all just a significant amount of more vapor. im using a silver bullet btw.

_jmeek

Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Northern Michigan
Ed, we both built our first coils on the iGo-L today. I did a 7/8 wrap on a 1/16 drill using 32 ga kanthal which I heated to orange hot along the whole length before wrapping. Mounted it to the posts and the 2mm silica slipped right in. It ohmed out around 2.3. Can you tell I've been reading the micro coil thread? Added some VG to my London from Want2vape and fired it up @ 5.5 watts on my iTaste SVD. Heaven!
:)

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
Ed, we both built our first coils on the iGo-L today. I did a 7/8 wrap on a 1/16 drill using 32 ga kanthal which I heated to orange hot along the whole length before wrapping. Mounted it to the posts and the 2mm silica slipped right in. It ohmed out around 2.3. Can you tell I've been reading the micro coil thread? Added some VG to my London from Want2vape and fired it up @ 5.5 watts on my iTaste SVD. Heaven!
:)
Always nice to see another member to the micro coil cult :evil:

RawnGermy

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
I'm in your head
Best way to increase your vapour is to increase the amount of VG in your liquid and or increase the air hole size I don't think wrapping a smaller coil will do much.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

+1
and at least try a 5050 blend, that's my go to blend after experimenting with other blends

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
Well, I drilled out the air hole to 1/16". I like the draw much better, though vapor production didn't go up much. Tried a new coil 5/4 w/32g and doubled 3.5mm silica. Better overall now. A Nimbus is definitely on the event horizon. BTW, really liking the lines w/the IBTipsy Rook. Just need to order one in silver.
igol.jpg

ebhomepc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Well, I drilled out the air hole to 1/16". I like the draw much better, though vapor production didn't go up much. Tried a new coil 5/4 w/32g and doubled 3.5mm silica. Better overall now. A Nimbus is definitely on the event horizon. BTW, really liking the lines w/the IBTipsy Rook. Just need to order one in silver.
View attachment 238880

Love the driptip were did you get it from or what's it called? Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
thats a cirrus drip tip man, can be found all over the net. I think FT has them.

I have a question though.. I have my ears gauged to 0. Now, from gauging my ears through the years, I've learned a thing or two about gauging ears. (dont ask me about what I learned in school lol) But with gauges for your ears, the bigger the hole, the smaller the gauge number your looking for. For instance, I was a 6, then went to a 4, then when to a 0. Next, would be 00 (double zero) and then after that, the fractions start. I believe they start at 7/16ths & then I've got no idea where they go from there :p

So my question is, when your picking out kanthal, is the bigger number, the smaller wire? Ex: Is 32G thicker than 30G or would 30G be thicker than 32G because gauges are just weird like that? I have the same problem when I'm picking silica. I dont know if the higher numbers mean that they are smaller or if they are literally wider when they have a higher number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread