Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink Stained

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
LEXINGTON KY
iGo L is probably the best dripper I have ever used. Mostly because of its large base that can hold tons of liquid. Dripping every 30 minutes instead of every time you fire. I need to give dual coils on the thing a shot. Problem with that is, I already have a huge air hole in mine. So I gotta wait for my other 2 or 3(can't remember how many) to come in from a co op so I can drill another hole for the second coil

wizardelite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Great thread guys and gals! Thanks for all the info and pics! Been looking into a rda and I think I might just try one of these to start with! :)

I have the Octopus RDA as well and I prefer the IGO-L. The IGO-L is much easier to work with. Plus it has a juice well, where as the RDA does not and has caused me some issues when vaping during the day.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Yeah. If you are looking to get your hands into RBA's this is the dripper and the rsst is the genesis devices to get imo. Both give plenty of space to build in and are easy to get going.

I respectfully, and somewhat uninformatively (sp?) disagree with the genesis pick. I have not used the rsst myself, but I feel that if you're going genesis, why not go for something that use pyrex instead of plastic. My vote goes to the Aga T2.

You can pretty much learn as much about rebuildables by re-wicking any clearo that you can from a dripper, imho. That being said, don't get an Igo-L. Get two Igo-L's. Drippers and rebuildables come in pairs, imo. Build one, make the other better... repeat ad infinitum.

Just another opinion. Not at all facts.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
I personally find no taste difference between my IGO-L silica vs my ss genesis atomizers.

The flavor might be a bit more intense on the genesis due to the higher wattage and constant wicking within a tank. But I get all the nuances in my IGO that I do with my genesis...

I hear you. I think my taste buds are just very keen on that intensity you allude to. I really miss it when I switch to RDA silica.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I got one this evening...my local vape shop rigged it up for me...I'm learning.. Never thought I would be a dripper...but I'm impressed by this set up a whole lot. May want a nimbus next...oh my..what have I turned into?

Welcome to the "oh my, what have I turned into?" club LOL

Soundhunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Love Field
Still struggling with mine - Vapor seems awfully hot right now.. I first had it @ 1.1 ohms on a mech mod..not much vapor..so I drilled out to 1/16.. better but the vapor was still kind of thin.. Re-wicked and coiled - This time used 32 gauge and running at 2.2 ohms on a V/V mod.. vapor seems really hot, still a bit thin (compared to my gennys) and only running it at 4.0 volts..I think I just suck at Silica wicks right now... I'll get there...hopefully :confused::unsure:

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
Still struggling with mine - Vapor seems awfully hot right now.. I first had it @ 1.1 ohms on a mech mod..not much vapor..so I drilled out to 1/16.. better but the vapor was still kind of thin.. Re-wicked and coiled - This time used 32 gauge and running at 2.2 ohms on a V/V mod.. vapor seems really hot, still a bit thin (compared to my gennys) and only running it at 4.0 volts..I think I just suck at Silica wicks right now... I'll get there...hopefully :confused::unsure:

Is the coil close to the airhole? Think of it like a genesis: the coil has to have that airflow. I leave equal-length legs of wire to the posts, so that the coil is right on the airhole (obviously not touching the cap, but close). Changes the vapor quality quite a bit.

wizardelite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You might want to consider Ribbon Kanthal wire. I just tried some out on my IGO-L this weekend and the difference is night and day. Also switched to cotton wicks. Flavor is much richer.

I've had some issues with silca as well. Soon realized I was wrapping my coils to tightly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

NayrTrawe

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
Chicago, IL
I just got one of these little guys today and I am a bit perplexed. I have plenty of experience making wicks and coils with Genesis atomizers but I can't seem to get it right with the Igo-L. To be fair, I am trying to use a SS mesh wick so that may be part of the problem (500 mesh and 32 gauge kanthal - 1.5 ohms, 3.7 volts on my Provari). Anyway, these are the issues so far:

1. The top cap and SS drip tip get REALLY hot after just a few minutes - as in, it kind of hurts my fingers/lips hot
2. Hot spots/shorts - I can get these sorted out pretty easily but they seem to come back within just a couple minutes for some reason, and the wick does not appear to be moving around, so....
3. Vapor production - when the cap is off there is a ton of vapor, but when the top cap is on I get very little and the taste just isn't there

I am probably going to drill out the air hole to 1/16 as that is what I am used to - maybe that will help. Other than that, I am sure this boils down to user error and maybe using SS mesh isn't the greatest idea - I just really dislike silica. Hopefully I will get some better results in the coming days.

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
I just got one of these little guys today and I am a bit perplexed. I have plenty of experience making wicks and coils with Genesis atomizers but I can't seem to get it right with the Igo-L. To be fair, I am trying to use a SS mesh wick so that may be part of the problem (500 mesh and 32 gauge kanthal - 1.5 ohms, 3.7 volts on my Provari). Anyway, these are the issues so far:

1. The top cap and SS drip tip get REALLY hot after just a few minutes - as in, it kind of hurts my fingers/lips hot
2. Hot spots/shorts - I can get these sorted out pretty easily but they seem to come back within just a couple minutes for some reason, and the wick does not appear to be moving around, so....
3. Vapor production - when the cap is off there is a ton of vapor, but when the top cap is on I get very little and the taste just isn't there

I am probably going to drill out the air hole to 1/16 as that is what I am used to - maybe that will help. Other than that, I am sure this boils down to user error and maybe using SS mesh isn't the greatest idea - I just really dislike silica. Hopefully I will get some better results in the coming days.

The air hole on the IGO-L is set low on the cap. So low in fact that if you look through it, you can see the top ridge of the base. Well, actually only if you drill out the hole, as I've done. I've found that if the coil is set too high on the post, then vapor production is more limited. This is from my own experience with these things so YMMV. I would suspect that if you're using SS wicks then your wick is fatter and thus the coil is probably higher. Try some silica and build the coil low. Also, don't place the air hole directly in front of the coil... place it more to the side near the ground post... sort of like 20 - 25 degree angle I suppose. For me it produces more vapor. I actually like silica better than SS... I can always taste the SS.

reticentone

Jun 12, 2013
Houston, TX
when you mount the coil in the IGO, leave even-length legs to the posts to get the coil right on the airhole instead of closer to the posts

This sounds like it may solve my problem. My igo hasn't been performing well..strong th not much vapor. I think I am mounting the coil too close to the posts. I saw someone saying to get it as close as I could without touching the posts to avoid hot legs. However, I now need to try getting it close to the airhole and keep the legs the same to see if that solves it. Thanks for the tip. I saw someone do something like this in a video but it was a microcoil I believe, does it make a difference?

reticentone

Jun 12, 2013
Houston, TX
Still can't quite get the Igo-L dialed in yet.. might have to enlarge that air hole and see if it helps..

Having a similar issue getting the igo-l to perform. Drilled the air hole out to 1/16 and still not working how I want. I want to try something I read in this thread...trying to mount the coil closer to the airhole rather than closer to the posts. Apparently according to the person who wrote the post, as long as the legs are the same length then they shouldn't get hot. We'll see, good luck getting yours tweaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread