First Time Charging 510 batts - do you NEED to wait 8 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachiaiko

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
Rainier, WA
hi guys!

My very first ecig just got here and i'm SO excited excited excited excited!! My first battery is charging right now, but i am reading my little booklet about my 510 and it says i should charge my batts for 8 hours which is making me crazy because i seriously want to try it right NOW

So here's the question, with this type of battery do you need to charge for 8 hours like the notebook says, then vape 20 minutes and rechrge again for another hour? (thats what the booklet says to do) or can you just vape when it turns green?

Any feedback would be helpful, i dont want to lesson my battery life or mess up my atty's so would truly aprreciate your feedback

I'm staring at that little green light and my hands are twitching to start vaping!!

Nikki

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
i am reading my little booklet about my 510 and it says i should charge my batts for 8 hours which is making me crazy because i seriously want to try it right NOW

So here's the question, with this type of battery do you need to charge for 8 hours like the notebook says,

With the lithium battery in ecigarettes, there is no reason to wait 8 hours (although it might be before you get this answer ;-) so I'll PM you on this).

Here's the 'source data' from the real 'experts' on batteries at battery university:

Charging lithium-ion batteries

"Lithium-ion is a very clean system and does not need priming as nickel-based batteries do. The 1st charge is no different to the 5th or the 50th charge. Stickers instructing to charge the battery for 8 hours or more for the first time may be a leftover from the nickel battery days. "

So if it's green, get started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread