May 29, 2012
Krasnodar, Russia
Hi!
Look here

The mixture Traditional:
55% USP Propylene glycol (PG)
35% USP vegetable glycerin (VG)
10% distilled water
The optimum combination of steam, taste and feeling.

The mixture Ice blade:
95% USP Propylene glycol (PG)
5% distilled water
Expressed trothit. Feeling more similar to smoking. A smaller amount of steam.

The mixture Velvet cloud:
80% USP vegetable glycerin (VG)
20% distilled water
Soft steam, not pronounced trothit, poor taste. Only components of plant origin. Recommended if you are hypersensitive propylene glycol.

To prepare the mixture must use a special calculator. For example, here is - http://www.ecigexpress.com/ejuice-calculator.php

Good luck!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Order all my Nic in a 100MG VG, and no certain mix is the best, it is what works the best for YOU,,, I prefer an all VG or min of 80/20 VG/PG and love how my DIY mixes turn out.... A good thing to do would be to try some different % of juices first and see what % of VG/PG you like best,,,,, after you figure this out you will kow how you want to order your Nic base, and how much PG & VG you will need. just a suggestion, order glass bottles over plastic, for numerous reasons.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
It depends on what your final outcome will be. If you want to be more PG heavy, like me, then get 100% PG (which is the more expensive of the two chemicals btw). If you want to be VG heavy then get 100% VG. If you want in the middle then get 50/50 PG/VG base. One thing you will quickly notice when messing with a juice calculator is that certain ratios are impossible to achieve at certain quantities if you choose poorly. Also, making 100% of the opposite chemical will also be impossible say if you got 100% PG base and wanted to make 100% vg juice. Try EJUICEMEUP (it's free to download, google's your friend) and run some numbers. The less PG you have to add extra to your juice the cheaper it will be since you can get 177ml of VG for $3 at walmart.

For more details on how to DIY please feel free to read my blog, The Vaper's Handbook:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/shoganinja/2998-vapers-handbook.html

Also, I'm not in love with that kit. It seems like an OK deal but 36-48mg juice is really hard to work with if you want, say, 24mg final juice. Also, the more nicotine you use (because it's weaker) the harder it will be to get your ratio right (lacks versatility in ratio) and the more expensive it will be. Also, Lorann uses oils which isn't particularly nice on your equipment. Just please check out my blog before you pull the trigger. When you get it right you will get your costs down to pennies a day, about 20 or less of them, depending on your ratios.

Last edited:

Plentyobass

Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Oklahoma
While some people use 100%VG with good results, I think most use a blend of varying ratios, 80/20 (PG/VG), 70/30, 50/50 etc.

It seems to me that a PG base gives better flavor, while adding VG makes more vapor visually, makes the juice itself a thicker consistancy and makes your juice have a thicker mouthfeel when vaped.

PG alone can impart a burnt-sweet flavor to a juice, and in some devices, such as tanks, it is so thick that it doesn't work as well as a blend of PG & VG.

Many people use juice that has a blend of both PG & VG so it is thinner, and to lessen the burnt-sweet taste.

I use a blend of 70/30 (PG/VG) with great results!

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
I personally get a 50/50 and use VG to thin it to my preferred nic%. You're going to get every answer under the sun though, it's all up to your preferences. If you don't know what your preference is you outn't be looking at DIY quite yet.

Ohyea, hit up the DIY section, you'll find a lot of info and folks with more experience that may not frequent the new member section.

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
While some people use 100%VG with good results, I think most use a blend of varying ratios, 80/20 (PG/VG), 70/30, 50/50 etc.

It seems to me that a PG base gives better flavor, while adding VG makes more vapor visually, makes the juice itself a thicker consistancy and makes your juice have a thicker mouthfeel when vaped.

PG alone can impart a burnt-sweet flavor to a juice, and in some devices, such as tanks, it is so thick that it doesn't work as well as a blend of PG & VG.

Many people use juice that has a blend of both PG & VG so it is thinner, and to lessen the burnt-sweet taste.

I use a blend of 70/30 (PG/VG) with great results!

70/30 is the best ratio because of what you said above. You got your facts straight. I was told that by a veteran when I first started and he was right. I went back to test how right he was and mixed up some 60/40 PG/VG and, just like he said, I started having wicking problems.

The only things to worry about are the fact that some people are allergic to PG, and I suspect that for me personally that it can cause sinus issues in a ratio such as 70/30. I will eventually try 100% PG but I gotta learn to stop drinking the PGA... :(

Also I wanted to ask you, have you ever tasted PG and VG alone? Go ahead. I'll wait.

They're both really sweet, but PG burns the crap out of your tongue. Thought I'd point that out. VG tastes like KY... which is what KY is made out of by the way. That's right, we're vaping mouthwash and personal lubricant lololol.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I have vaped unflavored (0 nic) VG, but not PG. I have not vaped or tasted KY. :drool:

Next time you get a chance take a look at a bottle of it. It's PG and VG with some preservatives. We are all vaping KY. Thought you should know.

Anyway, I meant have you ever taken and tasted a little bit of PG or VG on your finger straight up, not vaping. That's nasty.
I'm saying that they may lend a certain sweetness outside of the flavoring if what they taste like has any bearing. Go ahead. Give it a try. PG burns like PGA or something. It's like a sugary alcohol taste.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I order all my Nic juice in 100% PG because:
VG is too thick to work with and even though some heat it slightly you're changing the composition of the VG Nic juice.
PG is more expensive and harder to get. VG easily and cheaply obtained.
I've mixed anywhere from 50/50 to 70/30 PG/ VG without issue.
With all the diff calculators out there it males it a simplistic task to mix diff ratios regardless of the Nic PG/ VG ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread