First time mixing with salts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flon

Jan 12, 2021
Hi all

So... I've been mixing my own juices from the start (which was less than a year ago, so...yeah). But anyway, I got the basics (pg, vg, nic, flavour and so on). I've been using liquid nic so far, but due to regulations I can only buy 20mg/ml and it takes a lot to come close to 18mg I am trying to get (impossible really). So I am switching to 100mg/ml salts (ordered from out of country. regulations...:glare:).
Is there anything I should know or watch out for? I'm going for 18mg 70/30 pg/vg. I expect better flavour, smoother vape and less throat hit. Will I be disappointed?

For flavours I just use recommended % for each, tho I might start playing with this too cause I like a lot of flavour. I hear salts carry flavour better so any advice on that front?

Also, has anyone mixed Vampire vape Pinkman? Their recommendation is 10%-20% and I hate this. I hate guessing. Just give me a number. Any number. Maybe 15?

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    @Flon

AFAIK - mixing nic salts should be the same as regular nic. The only factor would be how much flavor for someone vaping 18mg vs 3mg (which probably requires less).

Also, how much do you plan to make?

I go to e-Liquid Recipes .com. There, I've seen some recipes using VV Pinkman. Seems a lot of folks will also add a little sweetener.

Flon

Jan 12, 2021
    @Flon

AFAIK - mixing nic salts should be the same as regular nic. The only factor would be how much flavor for someone vaping 18mg vs 3mg (which probably requires less).

Also, how much do you plan to make?

I go to e-Liquid Recipes .com. There, I've seen some recipes using VV Pinkman. Seems a lot of folks will also add a little sweetener.

Ok thanks, I'll look for recepies. I'm really curious how others mix that juice.

I never make just samples of few ml, I go all or nothing. Last I made 200ml of strawberry cream and after few months I'm down to about one third. Now i plan to make three bottles of 50ml with different flavours. I just hope I'll dig up one small bottle so I can try Pinkman, I don't want to end up with a whole bottle of juice I hate.

Maybe my way isn't the best, I should prob make samples first, but i just hate the hassle. I want to make a juice and then be done with it for a few months. That's also the reason i always use just one juice at the time

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Ok thanks, I'll look for recepies. I'm really curious how others mix that juice.

Yeah. Just go to the above named website and search for Pinkman.

Look over to the 4th column and sort by Rating. There, you'll see the most popular recipes.

Then once you select a recipe, you can click on that flavor for a breakdown on how it's used.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    I don't do samples but I don't go all in 200ml of juice cause if goes bad then rip...
    But I will make a juice like 60mls and I go with manufacturers percents and if turns strong I dilute it a bit with nic base and pg vg or I add flavour later if it's weak...

but Soo far I haven't got any flavour that I hated....unfortunately u have to experiment a bit and need patience and I have non of that...but lately I manage to make it...by always make sure I got juice ready to vape...

The thing that is annoying is that in order to get good flavours from a juice u need let it steep as they say meaning let it sit for days....
    I make it and just shake the bottles 2 times per day for one minute and then let them sit in a dark place...
    At first seemed annoying and couldn't wait... but it's Soo much better flavour when u let it steep and some flavours need more days and others less...
    I don't get crazy with steeping but the least I will let them is one week before I vape it at all.
    The flavour not only may become stronger but also different and better in most cases...
    In order to be able to vape tho need to invest a bit at first and make few mls more of juice in order to vape some until the rest get steeped....
    and then when u start vape the steeped ones u must make new batch to steep also until the one u have ends....soooo u never vape unsteeped juice again..
    I make either mix one flavour alone or 2 and 3 max Soo far...I am very impatient to try stuff lol
    i
    ivape direct lung hitd tho and I don't use much nic I go for 3mg nic so it's wayyy cheaper to make my juices....even tho i vape like 12mls per day... it's still cheap for my use....10ml bottle of juice to me cost me 0.85 euro or something if I remember correctly .... I don't know in u.s dollars :p

I have no experience in salts I thought it's same as nic in terms of mixing...

be patient...don't be like me...and don't vape all the time...and drink water...
    And wear your jacket

Last edited:
    Reactions: Flon

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    ivape direct lung hitd tho and I don't use much nic I go for 3ml nic so it's wayyy cheaper to make my juices....even tho i vape like 12mls per day...

Funny how that works out. I vape MTL with 12mg nic and go through 3-4mls a day.

:w00t:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Lolll noooo do it the correct way :p

Actually I do also mtl sometimes during the day I switch vapes...but I like the fullness of the direct lung ATM...the clouds tho are annoying but ok
    When I was vaping mtl only I was chainvaping the hell out of it...I am maniac I guess but I am also few months into vaping so I guess I will get a little bored and chill to mtl only one day...maybe

Reactions: smacuser

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017

I never make just samples of few ml, I go all or nothing. Last I made 200ml of strawberry cream and after few months I'm down to about one third. Now i plan to make three bottles of 50ml with different flavours. I just hope I'll dig up one small bottle so I can try Pinkman, I don't want to end up with a whole bottle of juice I hate.

Maybe my way isn't the best, I should prob make samples first, but i just hate the hassle. I want to make a juice and then be done with it for a few months. That's also the reason i always use just one juice at the time
    I'm notorious for the go big or go home mentality. 120ml sized batches of untried recipes. I agree, making 10ml test batch is a bit of a hassle. I trust my instinct when I'm working up a recipe, most of the time. Only made a few recipes that weren't so great. And also I've had a few happy accidents along the way.

Reactions: smacuser
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread