first try at tea extraction looking for the alkaloids, tips??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
I'm extracting 2 grams of tea and after reading a few threads and different opinions I decided to try this, if it works great, if not well doesn't matter that much

i put 2 grams of crushed leaves into a cup
added 10ml of VG and 10ml of PG
nuked in microwave 7 seconds
stirred and repeated 3 times
I tried a drop on my tongue and tastes really great and potent

I will let it cool down and repeat the nuking again

after this I'll use my aeropress and run it over a few times to get the most out of it
but I think I want to use my SS filters instead of the paper ones as I want to extract also the alcaloids and oils of the tea, any tips????

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
ok, I did it!!!!

I put 2 grams of leaves into a cup
added 10ml of VG and 10ml of PG
nuked in microwave 7 seconds
stirred and repeated 3 times
I tried a drop on my tongue and tastes really great and potent

let it cool down for a while then nuked again

after this used my aeropress and run it over a few times using the ss mesh filter after 5 presses I changed transferred the remaining wet plant matter into a paper filter and pressed again, but this time I squeezed to get the most out.

the result wielded in a dark brownish green thick 6.5ml concoction.

dripped directly into my already juiced up rda so I would guess it had 70% eliquid and 30% extract....

the taste is great! (my eliquid was a mixture of fruits menthol and green tea) so the coca tea was a welcome addition to the flavor profile

vapor diminished a bit as I use more pg

I can feel the alkaloids, so it is a win in my book!!!

Ss5udqH.jpg

2wXjEX9.jpg

Bagazo

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
I can feel the alkaloids, so it is a win in my book!!!
I wouldn't rule out the placebo effect.

Alkaloid content of that type of tea is usually less than 1%. If you're lucky you would have 1mg per ml. A couple of drops on a coil, being generous, would be .1mg.

A cup of tea has 4-5mg of alkaloids. You would have to vape at least half the bottle of extract to get the alkaloids contained in a cup of tea.

Last edited:

Bagazo

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
hmm...you're concentrating oxalate, so I'm not sure if you want to inhale that on a regular basis?

maybe better to buy some black tea flavored eliquid or concentrated flavoring instead. No tea, just a flavor molecule that tastes like tea. And no oxalates.
The OP's tea isn't black tea (Camellia sinensis). Also, the Op is interested in the alkaloids and not just the flavor.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
The OP's tea isn't black tea (Camellia sinensis). Also, the Op is interested in the alkaloids and not just the flavor.
exactly, I do like the taste but that is just an added bonus, I was looking for the alkaloids.

I vaped it for about 15 minutes but after a few hours I feel my throat a bit sore, but as my wife has been having sore throat for the past few days I can't attribute it to either right now, I'll wait for the throat to get back to normal before trying it again and report back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread